Not a Lie

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Twenty



..::Yoobin's POV::..


"THAT BASTARD!" Tiffany shot up from her desk, kicked her chair back and slammed her hands onto the metal desk. "I can't believe he even thinks-"

"I broke up with HIM." Her angry eyes softened and tilted her head. 

Should I tell you Tiffany? How the Park Jaebum we both have known for years liked me this whole time. Even if he tells me he's happy his best friend and I are dating, I know deep inside he's hurting. Crying for someone to come and heal him.

"Why...? I thought you guys were happy together." She rubbed my back when she saw my eyes tearing up.

"Trust me, there's a good reason, and I wish I could tell you." I rubbed my nose and heard whispers consuming the room.

It doesn't take any longer then one class period to spread gossip all around the school. Everybody knows that Taecyeon and I broke up. Some people are saying he broke up with me, some people are saying I broke up with him. How did everybody find out?

"Awwww, I can't believe you guys broke up!" Jessica came over and gave me the best sympathetic look her fake face could pull off. 

"Yeah, you're rubbing salt on her wounds Jessica, just get lost." Tiffany pushed her away and Jessica scoffed. "Oh please, they don't belong together anyway. Taecyeon probably realized he loves me and broke up with you."

"SHE broke up with Taecyeon so shut up." Tiffany retorted for me and Jessica looked genuinely surprised. 

"Well, that's not what Jaebum thinks. They're about to beat each other to death." She said loudly and it rang in my ears. Not only my head, but everybody else's in the room looked up. 

"What?" 

"They're fighting. Take a look." She pointed to the window and everybody scurried over. 

There was a huge circle of students crowding around two boys in the middle. My hands slammed onto the window as I desperately cried for them to stop.

"Let's go!" Tiffany held my hand and ran down the hall way and opened the doors. I blinked back my tears and pushed through everybody.

"It's Yoobin!" I heard everybody exclaim and move out of the way for me. 

"You know you're really full of shi.t, you don't talk to me or anyone else for a month and now you suddenly want to know about my personal life?" Once I reached the middle of the circle, I saw Taecyeon on the verge of tears. He had huge eye bags. His skin seemed to have lost it's glow and was dull. "Well, let me tell you, it !"

"I don't care about your problems! Just don't cause any for Yoobin!" Jaebum snapped and I felt everybody's eyes divert over to me. My heart sank all the way to my toes and my breathing got harder. 

"Jeabum!" Seul Ong popped out of no where and grabbed his arm. "Calm down, don't-"

"Let me go!" Jaebum snatched his hand away and walked slowly towards Taecyeon, smirking crazily. He grabbed onto Taecyeon's shirt and pulled him close. "What was it? Did you just feel like playing a girl for fun?"

"I didn't play anyone!" Taecyeon grabbed Jaebum's arm and clenched his jaw tightly. "Why does Yoobin matter so much to you anyway?"

I let out a big breath of air and felt my tears following closely. My hands rushed to wipe them away and I felt Tiffany wrapping her arm around my shoulder. Why do I matter so much to you Jay?

"You don't even deserve Yoobin..." Jaebum ran his fingers through his hair and smiled as tears slid down his face. "You don't even know a thing about her. How she loves long walks, she hates showering in the morning, she-"

"I don't need to know everything bout Yoobin, we're not even together anymore!" Taecyeon's tears dove out of his eyes and I suddenly felt guilty.

"She loves lilies, did you know that? She hates the dark, she hates the heat, and she definitely hates being dumped."

"Oh please, you don't know a thing about what happened."

"That's not the problem, JUST WHY DID YOU DO IT?!" As I was wiping my tears, I heard it. The sound of friendship breaking. A sound that caused my heart to stop beating.

"Taecyeon oppa!" The girls screamed and rushed to make sure Taecyeon wasn't bleeding after Jaebum punched him.

"YOU SON OF A-!" Taecyeon rushed up onto his feet and punched Jaebum back. 

At that moment, I felt helpless. All I could do was watch and hope that I was dreaming. That this whole week was a dream. A nightmare that seemed to last forever. 

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE!" Jaebum tackled Taecyeon to the floor and attacked his face with his fists. 

Taecyeon managed to throw him off and climbed on top of him, not hesitating to hit his ex best friend. "YEAH I'M REAL LUCKY, I JUST GOT DUMPED, YOU STOPPED TALKING, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING ANYMORE!" Jaebum smirked when Taecyeon stopped punching and just sobbed silently.

Feeling hopeless. Not being able to do anything. At that moment, my feet were planted onto the ground and there was no way I could move or even breathe. It was too sudden to take in and almost felt tricked. I'm used to being lied to or deceived, so tell me it's just a big trick you two are pulling off. 

Tell me this is just one more lie.

"SAY SOMETHING!" Taecyeon grabbed onto Jeabum's collar and punched him one more time. 

"Punch me again." 

"What did you say?"

"Punch me again you little punk." Jaebum got what he asked for and he started to laugh. 

"You know, I envy you..."

My fists clenched just hearing those words.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Taecyeon was beginning to lose it slowly. 

"I've been envying you since 3rd grade." 

I bit my tongue with my teeth and tasted the blood swimming around in my mouth. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Taecyeon's tears fell onto Jaebum's bloody face. 

"TAECYEON!" Changmin ran in and pulled Taecyeon off of Jaebum. "What the fuc.k are you doing?!"

"You're asking ME..." Taecyeon swung his head back and looked down onto Jaebum. "Stupid asshol.e..."

"Taecyeon, stop." Chan Sung held his arm and dragged him out of the crowd. 

"Jaebum hyung." Wooyoung held him up but Jaebum pulled his arm away. That's when everybody saw how much blood Jaebum had lost. He had bruises and cuts all over his face. He started to speed walk towards Taecyeon, wiping the blood from his mouth as if the war just started. 

"Stop it Jaebum." Jessica crossed her arms and stood in front of Taecyeon who was now aware of Jaebum asking for another fight. "Taecyeon obviously doesn't want to be bothered. If you want to be mad at anyone, it's Yoobin. She broke up with him. So get your facts straight next time."

Every single stare turned over to me and my eyes scanned around. Did she just turn this situation onto me? Is she actually going to try to make people believe this is really my fault?

"She probably had a good reason..." Jessica wiped her eyes carefully. "Or she just decided to play Taecyeon. How could you Yoobin?"

Those words made my feet run over without me even knowing. My hand raised up and slapped her across the face. The whole crowd tensed up and gasped. 

"Girl, please." I pointed my finger right in her face and screamed. "Please don't act like we're friends, you make me sick whenever I just look at you!"

"Why are you doing this Yoobin?" Jessica cried like she was the victim here. "You're always picking on me...I tried to deal with it but it's too much now!"

"OH HELL NO!" I took off my cardigan and threw it onto Jaebum who just stood there with his jaw slowly dropping onto the floor. "None of this wouldn't even have happened if it weren't for you!"

"Yoobin," She smiled and flipped her hair. "You didn't respect me when we were friends. You always teased me and made jokes about me. Sometimes, I was just...I was so scared you would spread rumors about me!" She cried and everybody gave me a 'WTF' look. 

"Bitc.h, please!" I walked towards Jessica who was holding onto Taecyeon's arm but Jaebum held me back. "I didn't respect you? You think I would spread rumors about YOU?!"

"You were always a bitc.h anyway, of course I thought you would! You never cared about what I wanted to do when we hung out! Not only me, you didn't even care when Jaebum told you he-"

"Jessica Jung, that's enough of your in.g mouth." Jaebum stopped Jessica before she told everybody about his little secret.

"I never cared about what you wanted to do?!" I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Why did you ever act like you were my friend? I never needed someone like you! Why did you hang onto me like that?!" My tears fell faster when my eyes glanced over to her arm snaking up Taecyeon's arm. "LET HIM GO!" 

"Yoobin." Jaebum held me back as I struggled to reach Jessica who secretly enjoyed watching me like this.

"Taecyeon's not the problem right now. The problem is, you never cared about me. You didn't even care that my parents got a divorce!"

"BITC.H, I DON'T KNOW YOUR LIFE!" 

"Stop calling her a bitc.h." If it came from anyone else's mouth, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. But it had to be you Taecyeon.

"Taec..." I whispered and lost the nerve to even yell at Jessica anymore. Silence filled the tense air but Jaebum's voice shot through the air.

"Of course, she has you wrapped around her finger." He walked in front of me. "And don't tell Yoobin what to do anymore, it's in.g disgusting."

"And you think it's fair to Jessica?" Taecyeon stood in front of Jessica. "She didn't do anything to deserve being called those things."

"That's exactly where you're wrong!" Jaebum chuckled and pulled me foreword. I stumbled and stood beside Jay. "I wish you would actually listen to what Yoobin has to say, she won't fill your head with all these lies like Jessica would."

"What the hell do you think you are, her boyfriend?" I knew that hurt Jaebum a little. "Don't defend her, she's done bad things too."

"Why are you even backing Yoobin up anyway?" Jessica's voice made my ears bleed.

"And Jaebum, don't act like you know Jessica, she's done nothing wrong to-"

"Would you just listen?" I stood in front of Jay this time and defended him. "That's why we broke up right? Because you just don't listen, to the right people I mean."

"Don't tell my man what to do." Jessica pushed me with her hand and I bit my lip.

"YOUR man...?" 

"That's right." She scooted closer and whispered in my ear. "Makes you mad, doesn't it?"

I chuckled and gave her a smile before I pushed her onto the ground and climbed right on top of her, pulling her fake extensions in her hair. 

"Ow, get off!" She screamed as I rubbed her head into the dirt. 

"Yoobin, get off of-"

"And what the hell do you think you're doing?" I heard Jaebum's voice ask while Jessica was helplessly screaming in my hands. 

"Oh, you want to be immature about this now?" Taecyeon and Jaebum were continuing to curse at each other as I tore Jessica up.

"This is for lying to everybody." I clutched onto a handful of hair and pulled, even if some of them weren't extensions. "This is for making me believe you were my friend." I grabbed the dirt around me and smeared it all over her face. Her makeup actually stuck onto the dirt. "AND THIS IS FOR RUINING MY LIFE!" I punched her with the strength I never thought I had.

I climbed off slowly and felt dizzy. This is what I always wanted to do. A smile crept onto my face and I slowly started to laugh. 

"I just wonder when you'll finally find out Taecyeon." I turned around to see Jaebum and Taecyeon throwing punches at each other. 

"And I wonder when you two will get it through your heads that Jessica isn't what you say she is!"

Before Taecyeon's hand made contact with Jaebum's face, he dodged it and held my hand. "Go take care of your little girlfriend if she's that important to you." He ran into the building and into the guys bathroom.

"Jay, this is the guy's-"

"GET OUT!" He yelled and all the guys ran out of the stall and rushed out at the sight of Jaebum's beaten face.

"...Well, that's another way to do it..." I whispered and covered my eyes while the guys using the urinals struggled to pull their pants up quickly and run away.

Suddenly, a hand pushed me into the wall and Jaebum bent down towards me so we were eye to eye. 

"Listen to me carefully."

--