Tie It For Me

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Seven



..::Yoobin's POV::..


This is what you wanted all along.

To ruin me, take everything that mattered away from me. I looked down to my hand that never even made contact with Jessica's face and sobbed. That's what kind of a person she was all along?! And I can't believe I fell for it, I should have known better then to fall for something like this.

As my tears fell onto the floor, I took off my heels and carried them in my hands. Coming here was a mistake, I just knew it. I ran towards the parking lot and saw Taecyeon helping Jessica into his car. Jessica was clutching onto her cheek and crying like crazy, like I actually did something to her.

He went into the driver's seat and drove off. Taecyeon...

"Yoobin!" That voice called out and I was hearing things again. Maybe I should go check in with a doctor, I want to forget it as soon as possible.

But I was wrong. It was real and he wrapped his arms around me tightly. 

The arms that used to hug around me everyday. As much as I missed it's touch, I didn't hug back. Instead, I pushed him away from me and wrinkled up my forehead. 

"Y...Yoobin..." Jay stuttered and walked back towards me but I stepped back each time he stepped forward.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I whispered and started to walk towards my car, not taking my eyes off of him for a second.

"Yoobin, wait!" He ran up to me and tried to grab my wrist but I snatched it back quickly. With my arms, I pushed him back away from me and felt how warm my hands felt just being able to touch him again, let alone talk to him.

Secretly, I wanted him to keep bothering me not to go. I wanted him to hug me and tell me everything is going to be okay.

"...What are you doing?" He asked and I looked down onto the floor that was stained of my tears.

I'm not going to let you be like this. Love me, hate me, love me again. Didn't you hate me two minutes ago? What happened to that?

"What are YOU doing?! You hate me so act like it!" I unlocked the door but when I pulled at the handle it didn't budge. He kept it closed with his arms and grabbed my wrist forcefully. To be honest, I was a little scared to say anything.

"Listen to me." Not that I have a choice but go ahead...

"What?"

"Jessica's not what you think she is." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. If that's all he wanted to tell me, then he's obviously stupid. 

Jessica never was my friend. How was she so good at lying? She just played me. Even after I told her I liked Taecyeon, she went and stabbed me in the back. The hours spent on the phone, the days we spent sleeping over each other's houses. Did that really mean nothing?

...What's going on?

"I know. If that's all, I really need to get home." I tried opening again but men always seem to be oblivious and retarded. And I'm not just talking about this situation.

"Look." He hugged me again but this time I didn't push him. 

On top of missing him, Jay's hugs are like m&m's. You have one, you have to have another. And then one more, then another one. It was too sweet for me to resist.

"I'm sorry Yoobin..." Sorry? You're sorry? 

"Let me go." He didn't move a bit, I don't even think he was breathing "Park Jaebum, let me the hell go."

"I was wrong Yoobin, at least look at me."

"That's it then?!" I screamed and tears quickly ran through my body and into my eyes, meeting the floor. "Sorry is all you can say?!" 

"Then what do you want me to say?" He almost looked angry and that provoked me even more. Don't you dare think for a second I should be the one apologizing anytime soon.

"What do I want you to say?" I smiled and rolled my eyes at his ignorance. "...Jaebum..." My mouth twitched into a smile and I started to cry harder.

"What is it?"

"I want you to tell me how much you missed me..." At each syllable I spoke, tears fell. "And I want to know how you've been doing in school...How the others are...You just don't understand how hard it was for me..." I lowered my head and stared at the oh so interesting floor. I knew he hated seeing me cry.

"...That's it?" 

I hit him lightly in the chest with my hand "You idiot...How could you do this to me?!" 

"Well what was I supposed to do? I thought the rumor was true."

"JAY, IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE BULLCRAP!" I screamed and hit him repeatedly for every time he's hurt me. 

He didn't say anything and just pushed my head into his shoulder softly. He didn't even care if I ruined his tux with my tears, and I didn't either. He deserves this. I don't care if I sound like a childish brat.

"Don't cry Yoobin..." Hearing his voice so close to me made me remember all of our memories as best friends.

"Jay. Tell me everything that happened, I want to know." I looked down onto the cold and hard floor, it looked something like Jessica's heart. "But first...Tell me why you're talking to me now."

"..." He stared at my hand and asked "Yoobin, you're right handed, right?"

What does that have to do with anything? "Yeah..."

"She clutched her right cheek, not her left. You couldn't have slapped her." I thought about it and it made sense. I would have to be left handed to slap her right cheek.

"You were always the little detective!" I smiled and somehow, it felt unnatural. Almost like I forgot how to smile. I guess it's been such a long time that I almost don't remember how to anymore. I couldn't imagine it on my face either.

"And the rumor, the only reason I believed it was because some guys said something in the gym locker that made me believe it but I guess it was some other Yoobin. And..." His mood changed from okay to bad as he looked down onto the floor with his eyebrows furrowed together. 

"And what?" Every single moment of waiting to be friends again was painful. It's like knowing something good was going to happen but not knowing when.

"...And you seemed to be busy all the time. You never had time to hang out with me."

I slowly smiled again and laughed for the first time in weeks. "Jay, I was at home, folding stars for your birthday."

He had a dumbfounded face plastered on and just stared. His brain must have finally understood it because he smiled.

"...Well that's different."

"I would never be too busy for you without having a good reason..."

There was an awkward silence filling the gap between us as we sat down onto the bench. Even if we were friends again, could we ever be the same? How was school going to work out? Everybody else thinks it's true that I'm some .

"...How's Taecyeon?" I just had to ask. 

"He's under Jessica's spell pretty hard." He said and I sighed automatically. I knew she wasn't really my friend, she just acted like it to be seem as a nice girl.

"How about the others?"

"They're under her spell too." He chuckled "Except for maybe Wooyoung, he's still talking about your legs." 

I laughed and smiled, still crying. I could feel my eyes swelling up and shutting my eyes didn't help get rid of the swelling feeling at all. 

"...Can we just act like nothing happened?" I asked and couldn't bring my self to look at him.

"Hey!" He turned my head towards him. "I want to see you when you're talking. And of course we can, are you crazy?"

I felt a wild rush and sensation speeding through my body as I smiled. A real smile this time.

"Let's get you home." He took my hand and started to skip. With my other hand gripping onto my heels, I skipped too and laughed with him.

"And one more thing Jay..." He turned over to me and waited for my question. "Since when do you know how to tie a tie?"

He suddenly blushed out of no where and coughed uncomfortably. Why is it so hard to answer?

"My mom tied it for me." That couldn't be it...What's so embarrassing about that?

"Park Jaebum, are you hiding something from me?" I giggled and he didn't say anything. He suddenly let go of my hand and started to run away quickly.

"Hey!" I laughed and ran towards him, just like we have been ever since we were young.