Left, Not Right

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Six



..::Jaebum's POV::..


I slipped into my tux and sighed as I reached for my lie. My eyes filled up with tears as I attempted to wrap the tie around my neck the right way. I never learned how to tie it, even when mom tried to teach me. I didn't learn because I always wanted an excuse to have Yoobin tie it for me. 

"How the hell..." The tie was looped in the weirdest way possible and my finger was even stuck.

Forget this. I'll just go and try to have a good time. Home coming here I come...

My phone rang and I saw the caller ID. 'Ok Beasty'. 

"Hello?"

"Hey man, I'm outside your house, let's go!" 

"Alright, I'll be down." I hung up and ran down the stairs, my mom taking pictures every step that I took.

"Awwww, look at our Jay all grown up." She was close to tears and dad just smiled like a goof ball.

"What...What is this?!" Mom exclaimed and tied my tie correctly, just like Yoobin would when she saw me like this.

"Thanks mom. I'll be back before 11." I smiled and walked out the door, watching Taecyeon and Wooyoung waving like maniacs inside the black Lexus.

"Looking good my man!" Wooyoung smiled and opened the door for me. I walked in and Taecyeon drove towards our school.

"I wonder if Hyoyeon's going to be there, that girl has some nice legs on her." Wooyoung always had this weird obsession with girls and their legs. It's really creepy just knowing a guy like him. The guy who talks about girl's legs but never their face.

"She's a dancer, what do you expect?" Taecyeon chuckled and parked the car. I could just hearing the girls screaming screaming for a picture with us. This happens every single year...

"Jaebum oppa!" Here we go again...

I smiled weakly and turned around to see two girls, probably freshmen, looking at me with sparkling eyes. "Yeah?"

"Can we take a picture with you?!" They exclaimed and pushed their camera towards Wooyoung. He looked over to me and mouthed 'just get it over with'. I sighed and walked towards them, facing the camera with the happiest face I could find in myself right now.

"Say cheese!" They screamed in my ear and Wooyoung quickly snapped the picture. 

"Thank you!" They ran off to go show their friends and before they could point back to us so their friend's could get pictures, we ran inside to hide.

"Man, crazy girls these days..." I whispered and saw the soft lights illuminating the whole gym. It almost didn't look like a gym, the floors were even covered with pretty colors of pink and white. 

Oh, look what the cat threw up. "Hey Taecyeon!" 

"Hey Jessica!" He's apparently her date to home coming. She asked him so it's not like he could reject, Yoobin's not available right now anyway.

"Want to go dance?" Taecyeon offered but Jessica shook her head, looking around. What was she looking for?

"Not yet, maybe later, I want to..." She pursed her lips together like she was thinking real hard "I want to...Go take pictures of the girls! Yeah, that's what I want to do!" And she ran off to the crowd of 8 girls. 

She's up to something, anyone could tell.

"Look who it is..." Wooyoung sneered and I looked up to see someone I didn't want to see ever again.

"What's Yoobin doing here?" I heard people whisper behind me. 

She looked stunning, almost unreal. It was like staring at a painting, she looked flawless. Her hair was styled in curls and her make up was just enough to make her eyes even more beautiful then they already are. She was dressed in a long red dress that covered her shoes and walked gracefully until Jessica went over and hugged her. Way to ruin the picture...

"...She does look pretty hot though..." Wooyoung deserved the fast punch Taecyeon delivered to his stomach.

The other guys came up to us and greeted us when Junho looked over to the girls "Whoa, Yoobin's here?!" 

"She is NOT ugly..." Junsu whispered and check her out over and over and over again "No wonder she's scored so many times..."

"Man, shut up." Taecyeon pushed him slightly and Junsu just shrugged it off.

She does look...Magnificent but that's not what's important.

The important question is, why was she here?

..::Jessica's POV::..

"Why is SHE here?" Soo Young whispered and pointed to someone behind me. Oh my god Soo Young, your voice is SO annoying. I turned around anyhow and saw something I never want to see, some prettier then me. I admit Yoobin's not ugly but it's totally unfair to steal my spot light...

I smiled and went over to her. This hoe bag... "Hey Yoobin! Glad you made it!" 

"Thanks...Jessica, I'm not too sure-"

"Yoobin, don't worry, I'll be with you the whole time. Just have fun and forget about everybody else, you need this!" 

She smiled weakly and nodded "I guess I kind of do..."

"Jessica?" I turned around to Tae Yeon who gave me a 'wtf' face but I just mouthed 'just go' and turned back around to Yoobin.

Now that she was here, I can finish the plan. This is the grand finale Yoobin, say bye bye to everything. 

..::Taecyeon's POV::..

So maybe deep down inside, I kind of hoped for Yoobin to show up. Any guy would kill to see her in a dress. 

While I was staring, Jessica started to walk over to me. The guys started to walk away and whispered 'good luck'. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck and giggled.

"Should we dance now?" She smiled and I nodded nervously. Does she think we're an item now...?

We slow danced in the middle of the dance floor as the slow melody played in the air. 

"Taecyeon..." Jessica whispered "Do you maybe have feelings for me?" 

The question stung like pricking your finger onto a needle, fast and unexpected. 

"Well, we're friends right?"

"Yeah, but that's not what I mean. What I mean is if you like me or not..."

My hands got a little clammy and I let go of her and stepped back, putting my arms up. I was about to say something when I saw Yoobin with wide open and tears in her eyes. 

"Hey, what's with her?" I asked Jessica, half hoping to change the subject, half hoping she would know.

"Oh no! What's wrong with Yoobin?!" She gasped and ran towards her. When she got there, she grabbed Yoobin's hand but Yoobin snatched it away from her harshly. Jessica tried again and ran off with her. 

I looked around to see if anyone else saw that but everybody was too busy dancing. 

Now that the question was out of the way, I decided to go see what was going on.

"Hey, where's Yoobin?" Jay stopped me and asked with a worried face. Please get over it Jay, it's getting a bit annoying.

"She ran off with Jessica." Jay mumbled curse words his parents never heard from him and he ran off.

"Wait, Jay!" I ran right behind him and stopped him "Where the hell are you going?!" 

"I have to find them!" He shouted and all the sudden, there was a slapping noise and crying. It was coming from the next hall way to our right. 

We both ran over and saw Jessica on the floor crying and clutching onto her cheek while Yoobin stood there with a confused expression. 

"I asked you a question, what are you-" Yoobin said but I went over and pushed her to the side. 

While I was helping Jessica up, I saw her cheek that was tickled pink.

"What the hell did you do?!" I screamed at Yoobin and Jessica cried harder. Yoobin just gave me a crazy expression like she didn't know what was going on. "Why did you slap her?!"

"Stop it." Jay said and I looked over to him like he was a psycho. Does he NOT see what was going on?!

"Oh please! Don't try to defend her right now."

"I'm not, let's just get out of here." He started to walk back to the gym with Jessica and I following right behind him. 

Before we turned the corner, I looked back and glared at Yoobin who was crying twice as hard as Jessica was. 

..::Jaebum's POV::..

Today's not the day. Not on my home coming night, no, tonight I'll just have fun. 

"Jay, wait." Taecyeon held onto my shoulder but I shoved it off. "I'm going to take Jessica home, ask the others for a ride home." 

"Do what you want." I walked back furiously and couldn't stand looking at the bright lights dancing around the gym. 

Being in this place just made me sick, forget having fun. I ran towards the parking lot and realized I couldn't go home yet. I was debating whether or not I should go back and the memory of Yoobin's cries decided for me. I loosened my tie and started to speed walk towards the place I cal home. 

"Ow...Ow..." I looked over to Taecyeon helping Jessica into his car. Oh please, you didn't hurt your body, you hurt your cheek. it up and leave.

And next time, try to remember to clutch your left cheek, not your right.