Just One More

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Eight



..::Yoobin's POV::..


"Yoobin!" Jay's voice called out to me and I looked back to see him running over with a smile on his face. The smile that I missed so much.

"Hey Jay!" I smiled back and saw some people stop to give us a weird stare.

The thing is, Jay just can't be seen with me. Why? Because of what they think I am. I wouldn't mind if Jay pretended not to like me just for the sake of his social status.

"Want to go to the park after school?" He smiled like a buffoon and I giggled and nodded my head yes.

"Cool, so just-"

"Well, well, well..." We both turned around to see my very own personal life ruiner. 

"Jessica, what the hell do you want now?" Jay sighed and stood in front of me. Don't worry Jay, I could take her. I'll rip her insides apart...

"Nothing. But since you both know something about me..."

"Yeah, so? You think I won't tell Taecyeon?" 

Jessica smiled evilly and it gave me the cold shivers. It felt like a ghost walked right past me but I couldn't see it, I could only feel it. "Yoobin, leave for a second. I have to talk to Jaebum over here." I felt unsure of what to do but Jay gave me a reassuring smile. Smiling weakly, I walked off to my next class, not knowing what Jessica will say to him.

Guess I'll just ask him later.

..::Jaebum's POV::..


"What is it?" I said once Yoobin was gone and safe out of this animal's reach. 

"Well..." Jessica flipped her hair like she thought she was all that and then some "You're probably thinking about telling Taecyeon everything to ruin me, am I wrong?" 

"Actually, I was just on my way of doing that. So if you'll excuse me." I walked past her until I heard her say something unexpected.

"If you tell Taecyeon, I'll tell Taecyeon Yoobin likes him." I stopped and turned back with a serious face. She wouldn't stoop on that low...Right?

"You're kidding..." She shook her head and smirked.

"And I'll tell her you like her. It's only telling the truth right?" My insides churned around and it felt like I just swallowed a big wad of gum.

"Who told you that?" I squinted and she just smiled again "It's obvious, I don't need people to tell me these kind of things."

She's bluffing... "You wouldn't do it anyway..." I walked away with the little confidence I had.

"Am I?" She said and walked towards me. "If I tell her you like her, she'll probably not believe me and ask you if it's true. Are you going to lie to your best friend? And Jay, you can't always have what you want. Yoobin wants Taecyeon, she doesn't want you."

I know I don't sound like a man right now but I sort of wanted to cry and scream at those words. I know she doesn't want me, don't rub it in. Not having Yoobin is something I couldn't imagine. I'd rather her hate me and still be in my life rather then not having her at all.

"Once Yoobin knows you like her, she'll stay away from Taecyeon, afraid she'll hurt the 'bromance' going on. None of you guys will be happy!" She laughed like a maniac like she enjoyed watching people in pain.

"So here's the deal..." She lit a cigarette and smoked it. I covered my nose from the harmful smoke floating in the air. She's disgusting, just smoking like that in school. "You pretend to go out with me." 

My jaw dropped and I didn't bother to cover my nose anymore. My right eyebrow shot up into the air and I made a 'You're kidding me' face but she only kept her poker face on. 

"And you have to act like you don't like her. That way, Yoobin will be happy and can get Taecyeon. I'll tell everybody that Yoobin really isn't a . That way, everybody will be okay with her, she'll be popular again, the whole deal Jaebum." She blew out some smoke and smiled. "The only one losing will be you."

In my right hand, Yoobin's happiness and my best friend's happiness. In my left hand, My happiness. 

"All I have to do is act like we're going out? You'll tell everybody that Yoobin wasn't really a right? You'll let Yoobin back into our group? This better-"

"Calm down, calm down. Of course she'll be in the group. Not promising you she'll like us very much though. Soon, she'll realize she doesn't need you. Then she'll move on to your best friend, the one she belongs with. Face it Jay, we can't get what we want, just like I said. I can't get Taecyeon, you can't get Yoobin. But they can get each other, let's give them that at least, okay?"

She held out her hand and I just stared. Put people before yourself. Killing two birds with one rock. 

I shook it "Deal." 

"Good, now just forget whatever you have planned with Yoobin today and walk me to class boo." She stepped on the cigarette and popped in a piece of gum to get rid of the smell. As I walked towards the class, I tried to plan out how to tell Yoobin. Should I act really cold? Should I just pretend she's not there?

"Don't look so nervous. You looked retarded and I am NOT going to be seen with someone like that." Well aren't you nice...

"So what do I say? I mean, I can't just-"

"Just ignore her." That's exactly what I can't do...

"And if you dare to tell her..." She pointed to me with her manicured finger "I WILL ruin her life."

We both walked into class and the bell rung just after we walked in. She grabbed my arm and wrapped around it. Everybody's eyes were fixed on us. 

"Smile." She whispered only loud enough for me to hear. 

She sat down in the seat behind Yoobin's and instructed for me to sit down next to her. Wow, thanks Jessica, you're officially ruining my life. I went over to and sat down next to Jessica and saw Yoobin look back to me with a expressionless face. I would be confused too if we were best friends two seconds ago...

"Just don't talk to her at all." Jessica smiled and acted like she was copying the work on the board.

"Jay?" I closed my eyes and prayed to god I won't start crying. The feeling of rejecting Yoobin was just as bad as thinking about life without her. One month was enough, I can't deal with this any longer...

"Jay." She said louder but I didn't look up. I bowed my head down and stared at my empty notebook. Empty like my mind, my soul right now. It felt like I was burning a hole into the notebook but no matter how hard I stared, it just remained unlit and my gaze just kept going further and further.

I peeked up and saw Yoobin had left the room. My feet told me to get up but Jessica's arms didn't. She held me down and giggled to her self. 

"Don't forget our little secrets..." She sang and smiled with satisfaction. The kind of smile I want to smear off her plastic face.

And I felt my heart cry for the rest of the period. Yoobin, don't cry. 

Tears fell onto my desk and I watched the paper become weak from the contact of my tears. Just like the paper, I felt my self growing weaker every time Yoobin cried.
--