Not What You Think

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Three



..::Jessica's POV::..



"Hey Jessica!" Ew, why is that freshman talking to me?

"Hey!" I smiled trying not to throw up in her ugly face, well at least it'll look better with something covering it up.

These girls are SO annoying. But oh well, that's the price if I want to ruin Yoobin. Now that the plan worked, I guess everything in life is in order now. Taecyeon will be mine, Yoobin's life is ruined, what more could I ask for. I sat down at the lunch table and saw one more person I had to sabotage. 

"Hey Jessica!" Yuri smiled and waved but my eyes were glued onto Tiffany's face. 

When I see her, my body just stiffens up and I start boiling inside. Why? Because she is an attention hog! Whenever the spot light is on me, she has to take it away from me! We wear the same dress, she gets more compliments. What kind of bull is that, it's totally unfair!

"So what's going on?" I asked and smiled to the in front of me. Please Yuri, you're not even pretty...

"Nothing really, but Jo Kwon and Sunny might start going out, they've been pretty close lately." She giggled like the freak she is and I just smiled. What does Jo Kwon see in Sunny, she has the biggest nose ever and her lips are bigger then her ears for god sakes. When he's kissing her, she'll probably eat his whole face off.

"Awww, that's so cute!" I squealed and looked over to Sunny and Jo Kwon laughing together. Whatever, Sunny was a loser anyway, how could she even think we were friends?!

"So want to hang out this Saturday?" Yuri asked and I wanted to barf. I have to deal with Soo Young already and now you?!

"Oh yeah sure! Soo Young's going to hang out with us too." I smiled and Yuri looked excited. God, calm down, you look like a spaz, making me look bad...

"So home coming is almost here!" Yuri screamed like her life depended on it. God, she's one of the more annoying ones...

"Oh my god, I know! I'm so excited!" I can't wait to look better then you!

"What color dress are you wearing?" Then she stopped and gasped "Who are you going to go with?!" She looked over to the guys and then looked back to me.

"Taec will probably ask me soon." I smiled and rolled my eyes. Of course he was going to, who wouldn't want me? Besides, he doesn't like Yoobin now anyway.

"Taecyeon is SO going to ask you, I can just tell!" Yuri jumped up and down in her seat like a ball on crack and I just smiled. 

"So what happened to Yoobin anyway, nobody told me the real deal..." My ears perked up hearing Yoobin's name. Whenever I heard her name, I almost listen to what people say. 

Why did I ruin her life? Because she's a brat, that's why. I hate her, who does she think she is? How dare she call me up and tell me she likes Taecyeon?! He was mine from the beginning, go talk to Jay or something! It just really pisses me off that she could betray ME like that! So of course, I had to get him away from Yoobin, so I decided to take it a step further. 

I made up a rumor and told Taecyeon. He even told the guys and they started to hate her. Then word got out in the boy's locker room and then by the end of that day, everybody knew. Of course since I'm careful, and perfect, I told Taecyeon not to tell anyone it was me who told him. 

Call me whatever you want, I don't care, but she so deserved it. Plus, I had to protect Taecyeon, he can't date someone like her!

In the corner of my eye, I caught Yoobin walking around like a zombie. God she is so embarrassing, yeah your life is ruined but you deserved it, go cry somewhere else!

I looked over to the boy's table where Jay just stared at her. Oh my god, he is so pathetic. He STILL likes her, he did ever since grade school. Just tell her! Oh, that's right, he wouldn't since she's a loser now.

She's a nobody.

..::Jaebum's POV::..

I saw Yoobin walking around the courtyard and I couldn't help but stare. Has she been eating, she looks skinnier then ever. I knew she isn't the type to go on a diet...

There's no way that rumor is true about her. It just sounds like bull...

That's what I thought till I heard some guy's talking about how 'good' she was in the locker room. I was about to snap on them when I realized people will think I actually cared for a girl like her. 

And I don't. I can't believe I ever did for a girl like her...

A girl like Yoobin. The one I've liked since, well, ever. 

What happened in the locker room, I didn't really believe but when I put all the pieces of information together, it made sense. She never hung out with me during the weekend and she never had free time when I would want to hang out, she was probably too busy getting it on with another guy. 

Kim Yoobin, what have you become? When did you become like this?

I knew everything about you...

I want to believe that you're innocent but...The evidence is just there. 

"Hyung? You okay?" Chan Sung snapped me out of it and I nodded.

She won't even be at my birthday party this year. That's the first year she won't be there. Nor the home coming, we were supposed to go together too, we promised each other in middle school. 

As much as I want Yoobin back in my life, there's nothing I can do. Nobody will be able to fill her empty space in my life, not even half way, but that's something I knew I would face some day. The day she would tell Taecyeon she kind of sorta likes him. 

When she called me that one day, I knew she would be happier with my best friend so I let it go. There was nothing I could do anyway. That's why people smile right? To show people they're happy on the outside. To deceive and lie.

I'll just go on living like this now. Without Yoobin, without being able to laugh fully anymore.

We even promised to be best friends forever.

Is that what my life is now, just a bunch of broken promises?