One More Lie

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Thirteen



..::Yoobin's POV::..

"Jessica!" Before she could even turn around, I grabbed onto her jacket forcefully and pulled her body towards mine. "Tell me NOW!"

She looked around and then pushed me off. Of course, she wouldn't push me off if there were people watching, it would ruin her image. "Ew, get off!"

"What did you do to him?!" My eyes were filled with emotions again, falling onto the floor as my body did. My whole body fell and my knees scraped against the concrete but I didn't care. "Tell what what's happening!"

"He doesn't like you okay?! God, what's so hard to understand?"

"Just get him to talk to me..." I looked up to her desperately and she just smirked and looked away. I knew deep inside she was enjoying this. Watching me on the floor, not being able to get up on my own.

"You know you're really pathetic..." 

"I don't care how pathetic I am, just give Jay back to me!" My whole body was on the floor now, I was laying there, faced down, crying like the day I decided to try my best to get Jay back. 

"Tell everybody you really are a and maybe I will." She giggled. "Maybe he'll like you then."

"Is that it?!" My upper body move up and I looked into her eyes. Those fake eyes. The eyes of a life ruiner.

"Wow, you would really do it? I was joking."

"I'll do it, just promise me you'll give him back!" As painful as it was, I got up with bloody knees and used the last of my strength to reach out to Jessica and hold onto her for support. "I just want my best friend back..."

"Kim Yoobin, this is what you are huh?" She laughed loudly. "You really are something..."

"So you'll give him back right?" I wrinkled up my face and smiled a little. "All I have to do is spread a rumor about my self?"

"Yeah, yeah, go, I HAVE to watch this." She replied and I ran as fast as I could into the school. It was just before first period was about to start so it was crowded in the hallways. 

Good, then everybody will be able to hear my one little lie. What could that do anyway? 

"Just repeat after me." Jessica said in a low voice so only I could hear. "I, Kim Yoobin..."

"I, Kim Yoobin..." Everybody looked over to me and smiled, telling me hello.

"Officially admit..."

"Officially admit..." I pushed back the tears and felt Jessica's aura just brightening already.

"That I slept with 56 guys." Jessica giggled the last two words.

"That I-" Suddenly, someone grabbed my mouth from behind me and dragged me outside. This looks...Much like how the kidnappers capture the victim...

"Let me go!" I couldn't see what was going on because I was crying again but I knew it was Jessica's voice. I could see a blurred image of Jessica struggling to fight out of the stranger's grip. I could feel the warm breeze hit me and I realized we were outside. Jessica fell onto the ground and I heard the bells ring. First period just started.

"Jessica Jung!" That's his voice... 

"What the hell do you want, do you know what you just interrupted?!"

I wiped my eyes and saw Jaebum standing in front of me, covering half of my view. The other half was Jessica fuming mad and looked ready to rip him into shreds.

"Look..." He started and choked out "I'm so sick of this..."

"Oh really?" She crossed her arms and pointed to me "Well do you REALLY want to ruin her? I mean, I don't mind it but you-"

"Use me, ruin me, do whatever you want with ME!" He shouted and walked towards her. "But don't lay a finger on her. Your bullshi.t is really convincing, I don't know why I even listened to you earlier. I really thought she would be happy like this..."

"Are you-"

"Yes I'm sure! Tear me apart, spread a rumor about me, you can even beat me half to death..." He laughed and cried at the same time, something I used to do when I was alone. "But don't...touch her.."

Jessica smiled "Watch me Park Jaebum." And she left.

I just stood there watching Jaebum continuing to turn his back on me. He stared at where Jessica was standing and didn't move at all.

"Jay...?" I walked up and peeked to see Jaebum just crying without any movement. He didn't need his body's help to cry, all he needed were his emotions.

"Yoobin..." He hugged me and I felt his tears raining onto my head. "You don't even know..." I was going to push him away but I couldn't. At one touch, I love him all over again.

"What don't I know?" I whimpered just at the sound of Jay's voice when he said my name.

"How much I missed you, how much I wanted to talk to you..." He dug his fingers into my back but I didn't care. "how much I wanted to hear you laugh again..."

I laughed forcefully and hugged him tighter. "Mind telling me what happened?"

..::Jaebum's POV::..



Tell you what happened?

"...Jessica happened, that's all." She looked up to me and pouted. I smiled lightly and looked over to the trees blooming with colors. 

"Tell me the whole story Park Jaebum." She crossed her arms.

"Jessica told me she would tell everybody you liked Taecyeon." And that I liked you.

But I couldn't tell her that...

I looked at her to see her big and curious eyes stare back at me. Like a dream, everything seemed to be in slow motion and I wished we could just freeze in time like this. 

"Well that wouldn't have been a big deal..." She pursed her lips out like a fish. "Besides, doesn't Taecyeon...You know..." She was smiling like Woo Young does when he catches one of the guys blushing when a pretty girl walks by. My heart felt a little heavy and I knew what she was talking about but I decided to play it dumb.

"Doesn't Taecyeon what?"

"Well you're his best friend!" She hit me lightly and giggled. "Doesn't Taecyeon have a thing for me?"

Yeah, that's great right? You guys will be the happiest couple alive, everybody else will think you guys look great together. Even I think you two match perfectly. That's why you didn't choose me right?

I smiled weakly "Yeah, he does." 

She hopped up and down with her eyes clenched tightly and shook her head. "I can't believe it, we're going to go out!"

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked you soon." She let out a scream again and stuck her tongue out like a little kid. You'll be happy soon Yoobin. That's all I ask for.

"But I'm still confused Jay, everybody knowing I like Taecyeon isn't a big deal."

One more lie...

"Well I couldn't really ask you if it was okay for everybody to know, Jessica would have done something." Maybe I could be a professional liar. 

"Oh...Well I guess that makes sense." She went back into her happy mood and hooked her arms into mine. Her touch was as warm as spring, something I wanted to hold onto. "You have to promise me we're going to be friend's forever okay? And don't listen to Jessica now, listen to me!" 

Listen to you? If I could, I would only listen to you for the rest of my life Yoobin.

"Of course." I smiled and she held on tighter. I looked over to her. She was smiling to her self like an idiot and probably was wondering how he'll ask her out.

Kim Yoobin...

To me, my need for you is like cancer.

It's not something I wanted, I didn't see it coming. But being with you all these years made me realize just how much I would sacrifice for you. If you came to me with streaming tears, telling me to kill myself, I just might. 

You're not something that's curable, the only way to satisfy it is to stand next to you and pick you up when you fall, make you happy.

And I'm getting closer and closer as the cancer spreads further and further. Soon, you'll be with him and away from me. 

Then it's all over right? 

I'll just live on as an empty soul with a small light of hope. 

I'll live on your smile.

--

 

A/N: please comment, i get very encouraged to not write when i don't have something to keep me going T.T