Blackjack

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter One




..::Yoobin's POV::..




The dreaded day, I knew it had to come one day. Winter break is over so I can't avoid school anymore. As much as I don't want to go to school, my mom threatened to get me a therapists to talk to the whole day. The WHOLE day. Just because I want to talk to someone doesn't mean I want someone's pity, I want someone's love.

Holding onto my bag a little tighter, I walked into the classroom. The teacher wasn't in yet so the students were all talking to their friends. I saw Jaebum, the dork that used to be my best friend. But now...I don't know what happened. Since last month, when everybody started to hate me, loathe me, shun me, he didn't talk to me at all. He's one of the popular boys at school, the one every single girl wants, maybe not me but there's ton of other girls out there. But unlike a lot of the stereotypes out there, he was never a mean or a bad person, he's one of the nicest guys out there. My used to be best friend, the person I turned too.

Usually, I would go and talk to him but that's obviously not going to happen. I never noticed when my world started to turn around. Slowly and gradually, I gained a lot of enemies. I didn't hate them but they hated me, I didn't even know why. Some girls accused me of sleeping with their boyfriends but I' never even heard of their names before. How can you accuse me of something like that? Who told you?! Even if I would ask and beg for them to tell me, they wouldn't tell me, they wouldn't waste their breath on me.

"She's such a ..." Some girls started whispering about me as I sat down in my seat. 

"I heard she slept with more then 20 guys..." The more they kept talking, the less it sounded like something I would do.

You guys are the reason I tried to kill my self. 

The teacher came in and everybody scurried over to their seats "Alright, settle down everybody."

Like I do in every single class now, my eyes wondered over to the window and stared into the sky. If mom didn't save me, I could be there right now, high in the sky without anybody talking about me.

Then I heard the door open "Sorry I'm late!" Jessica walked in and everybody started to greet her, even if the teacher told them to shut their mouths. Of course, Jessica, my number one thing in life has everybody loving her, worshiping her. 

I used to be like her. I used to be known as the nice girl every girl wanted to be. I have the hair, the skin, the clothes and then a personality to top it off. It just takes a couple of lies to ruin you.

"Hey Yoobin." She mouthed and sat down in the seat in front of me. I watched as Taecyeon and Jessica started passing notes and giggling to themselves.

Taecyeon is my big crush. We used to hang out together all the time, we even worked on a science project together willingly. But when people turned their back on me, he did too. He's actually Jay's best friend, they have the big bromance going on. Taecyeon's a popular boy in our school too, just ten times nicer then Jay, he wouldn't say 'be quiet' to an animal, afraid he'll hurt it's feelings. At one point, I think he liked me back to but that possibility went flying out the window.

The popular boys, there's 11 of them, 11 princes to drool and swoon over. Then there's the popular girls, there's 10 of them, well, that is before I became like this. Now there's 9, Jessica being one of them.

While I was dozing off, I saw birds flying free. I want to be like one of those birds, without a worry.

~

"Hey Yoobin!" Jessica came up to me as I was sitting outside on the bench, lifeless, during lunch time.

"Hey..." Jessica would always talk to me nicely, I don't know why she's not like other people. We've been friends for the longest time and she knows all my secrets. I even told her about my big crush on Taecyeon, she's the only person that knows. Even though Jessica's popular, she's so nice to everybody, even to people who don't deserve it, like me.

I knew there wasn't a chance but I asked her "Are you free this weekend?"

She shook her head and gave me a look of sympathy "Sorry, I'm hanging out with Sooyoung this weekend and I know you two are a little..awkward." Soo Young one of the popular girls too. We used to be good friends, now she doesn't waste to give me a glance anymore.

Jessica always has something to do, she just has so many friends she can't help but be busy. The 11 boys and 9 girls usually hang out together. Everybody who admires them call them '20/20', like having perfect vision, they have perfect faces to look at. Back when I was in the group, they called us 'Blackjack'.

"Well, I have to go. I'll talk to you later okay? Bye!" She hopped off to her lunch table full of stunning looking people. 

When Jessica's out of the picture, my brain goes on a mission to figure out how to stop this. How did this happen? WHAT happened? I want to go back to the old days when Jay and I laughed together. We were so close...Our friendship took nine years to build up but one day to let go. Jay, talk to me, look at me.

Please remember us.