Detective

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Seventeen



..::Yoobin's POV::..

"And then he cornered me into that wall..." I smiled and imagined the scene again...And again...And again...

Tiffany squealed and shook my shoulders. "And then what happened?" 

"Yeah, tell us!" Sooyoung yelled and covered when she realized it's 10PM and people actually like sleeping.

"And then he kissed me..." The two of them screamed and started to hit me. "And I couldn't resist but chase after him for one more..."

"Ewww!" Tiffany pushed me and smiled. "You sound like...Wooyoung or something!"

Wooyoung has become a famous noun we use now. Wooyoung: (n) 1. someone who acts like a ert. 2. anyone who you should avoid. 3. someone who resembles old men dancing in night clubs.

"Hey..." Sooyoung smiled and blushed a little. "Want to play truth or dare?" 

Oh no...Sooyoung is one person you do NOT want to play truth or dare with. It starts out okay but once you say truth too many times, she pressures you into choosing dare. Once you pick dare, there's no going back. She gives you the craziest thing to do and makes sure you're convinced it's not that crazy.

And then you do it.

Then you wonder how dumb you could possibly get once the police catch you.

"No way!" Tiffany hit her with a pillow and sighed. "I had to kiss Wooyoung last time...I don't trust you anymore."

"Oh, come on!" Sooyoung smiled. "I accidently pushed you towards him, accidently!"

"Read my lips." Tiffany closed in to Sooyoung's face. "N.O."

"How about you Yoobin?"

"Not...Something I want to play with you..." I smiled weakly and hoped she wouldn't bother me about it.

"Look, the thing is, I wanted you to go into Taecyeon's room and check his cell phone to see if Jessica sends him flirty text messages. I know she did not too long ago, not sure if she still does now, knowing he has you but..." She eyes me suspiciously. "I could be wrong."

I knew Sooyoung just wanted me to do something crazy but this could be true. We're talking about Jessica here, anything can be true. If Sooyoung told me Jessica kicked a puppy, I would believe it, she's heartless!

"...What kind of text messages?"

"Things like 'Oh, oppa, I hope you're going on the trip! I can't wait to see you at the beach! sun screen date, right?'."

I sat up and faced her, eying her to see whether or not she was lying. "Nuh uh..."

"I'm not going to worry, he's your boyfriend..." She yawned and cuddled in her bed. "Well, I would assist you but since-"

"Alright, alright!" I stood up from the couch and headed for the door. "Let's go."

"Oh my god..." Tiffany whispered and held up her cell phone. "Call me if you need me to call the police."

"Oh, you joker." Sooyoung hit Tiffany and followed me out of the door. "Now, when you find it, call my cell phone and tell me the dirty details, okay?"

"Alright..." I waved to the two of them and opened the door to Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Jaebum's room. Luckily, they forgot to lock the door like they do every night. 

Since we're on the top floor, I could hear the rain falling like bullets on the roof, echoing in the living room. The dark isn't something I like, so I trembled a little and tippy toed towards...Wait, which room is Taecyeon's?!

"Why do they all have separate rooms?!" I whispered to my self and entered the room closest to me. I opened the door slowly and couldn't see anything. Slowly, I made my way over to the bed and saw our dirty dancing boy taking a snooze. Not Taecyeon...

I looked around the room and saw his cell phone though...Wouldn't hurt anyone if I took a peek.

I opened the phone and saw a picture of some girl's legs as his wallpaper. Oh god, don't tell me those are MY legs. Silently, I laughed and gagged at the same time. As carefully as I could, I placed the phone down on the drawer and made my way out the door and shut it. 

As I reached for the second door knob, the rain fell harder and faster. Just like the rain, my heart started to beat like a drum and I even started to imagine scary things in my head. I shut my eyes tightly and prayed to God, prayed that he'll keep me safe.

I whimpered as I opened the door and smelled a familiar cologne. It's either Taecyeon or Jaebum, they use the same one anyway. I saw the body under the covers moving around a little and then stopping. The only movement it had now was it's rhythmic breathing. 

Suddenly, I started to giggle a little when I thought of something funny. As childish as it sounds, I always thought of my self as a detective whenever I snuck into someone's room. 

It reminded me of the time when Jaebum and I would tell each other clues of who we liked and we would try to guess. I called him the 'detective' since he always guessed who I liked correctly. For some reason, I could never figure his out. But every single time, he would give me the same description over and over again. 

"Detective..." I giggled and walked over to the sleeping figure. I saw the cell phone next to the bed and I picked it up. As I was about to open it, A HAND GRABBED OUT AND OMG!

"Yoobin?" The voice said and I as paralyzed by fear. You know that feeling you get right after you wake up from a scary dream? When you're all sweaty and stiff, not knowing when your body will recover? 

Yeah, that's what I feel like, just TEN TIMES WORSE!

"Don't kill me..." I cried and clenched my eyes shut. Maybe it'll disappear...

Then I heard a soft laugh. A laugh like Jay's...

I peeked my eyes open and saw the outline of Jay's spiked up hair. I sighed of relief and hit him for scaring me. "Don't do that..."

"What are you doing here?" He chuckled and grabbed his phone out of my hands. "And that's not yours..."

"How did you know I was here?!"

"I'm a light sleeper...I heard you whisper detective..." His voice was deeper then usual, since he just woke up. "And you didn't answer my question, why are you here?"

"That...The thing is..." I fidgeted a little and pointed to the door. "I wanted to see if Taecyeon and Jessica are still texting each other...You know, Jessica could be flirting with MY boyfriend..." That little brat...

I couldn't see his face but I did see him nodding slowly. "Well, tell me if you get caught or not." He laid back down and faced me. "Good luck."

"Feels good hearing that from my detective..." I whispered and he chuckled before I walked out of his room. 

I didn't know how the roof was still intact, the rain was so strong! Don't thunderstorms usually start when it rains harder? Please don't let there be a thunderstorm! I hate thunder...I hate it more then I hate the dark!

I opened the last door and saw a rather tall figure laying on the bed. Bingo.

"Jessica Jung, I swear..." I walked towards his cell phone and held it up. I could hear the trumpets playing for my victory!

..::Jaebum's POV::..

"That...The thing is..." I saw her fidget a little and look around the room nervously. She pointed to the door with an innocent face on. "I wanted to see if Taecyeon and Jessica are still texting each other...You know, Jessica could be flirting with MY boyfriend..."

Right, your boyfriend. 

Ok Taecyeon.

I knew she couldn't see my expression falling on my face, her eyes never worked too well in the dark. 

I nodded slowly and laid back down. "Well, tell me if you get caught or not. Good luck."

"Feels good hearing that from my detective..." She whispered and I chuckled remembering how foolish Yoobin was, and is. 

When we were in 3rd grade, that's when I fell for her. I didn't even know what it was since I was so young, but I knew it was something I never felt before. Whenever she walked by, I could smell a rush of vanilla tickling my nose, it was almost intoxicating.

And we had this game. Basically, we gave each other clues of our crushes. Since she always liked one of my friends, I could figure it out quickly and easily. She called me the 'detective' after. 

She never guessed mine. I always gave her the same description whenever we played, long brown hair, brown eyes, pale skin. Tall, always smiles, pouts...

She always guessed every single girl and it was wrong. 

Because she didn't guessed her self.

I sighed and gripped onto the bed sheets. There's times where you have to forget right?

I Looked out the window and saw the rain drops fighting to get in, that's what it looked like. Struggling, even though it wasn't possible. I remember in 5th grade when Yoobin and I had to stay behind to wash the chalkboards for passing notes in class. 

It was a rainy day, the weather man predicted a thunderstorm. And when the thunder struck, Yoobin started to scream and run into my arms. Funny though, I'm scared of the thunder too. But I put Yoobin before my self every time.

Suddenly, I heard the thunder causing a big noise, big enough to shake the whole building. Like I predicted, Yoobin yelled and my feet shot out of the bed and ran over to Taecyeon's room. 

"Yoo..." I started to shout when I slammed the door open but I saw Taecyeon already holding onto Yoobin just like I did in 5th grade. 

Instead of Taecyeon holding onto her, I imagined comforting her again. Her hair would fall over my arms slowly and then fall, her hands would be covering her face. She could probably feel my heartbeat quickening and when she asked why, I would tell her I'm scared of the thunder too. Sometimes, she held onto my shirt with her hand and gripped on tighter whenever the thunder struck. 

But that's not how things are now. 

Now you have someone else to comfort you.

I looked down to my arms that were already up in the air to get ready to hold Yoobin. First time you didn't come running to me Yoobin.

My hearts beating as fast as it does when you come running to me with tears in your eyes. 

But this time, it hurts.

--