Chapter 9

I'm Not Useless!

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

Sungyeol POV

 

“Yeobo, please don’t leave me like this…don’t leave me just because of that”

 

Tears keep rolling down from my mother’s cheeks.

She grabbed father’s arm to prevent him from leaving.

I keep watching at them while hugging my teddy bear.

“Let go of me!” father said harshly and push my mother until she fell down on the floor.

Heartlessly, he just takes his luggage and put it in the bonnet of his car.

As he closed the bonnet, I pull his pants.


“Appa, please don’t go! Don’t leave me with mum.” I persuade him while my tears are crazily out.

My father just takes a glance at me and holds my hand to take it off from his pants but I still hold it.

I don’t want him to leave me just like this.

He was the only person in this family that I closed to.

He sat down to my level.

 “I’m sorry Yeolie…” he hugged me tightly. It makes me cried more hardly.

Then, he released the hug and stand up.

Enter the car and drove away, leaving me and my mother.

“APPA!!!” I shout. Without slippers, I tried to chase the car but it was slowly disappearing from my sight.

My father just left me.

 

I walks slowly back to my house with my teddy. I just hold the teddy bear’s hand like it was walking with me. As for my height, the teddy seems like it was being dragged.

When I reached home, the door was closed. So, I knock it.

“Omma…” I said slowly as I think my mum not in a good mood.

But there’s no answer. I knock the door several times but still, no answer.

I tried to push it but it’s lock.

“Omma..!” this time I shout.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT???!!” my mum said as she opened the door.

“omma…” tears start to flow again. I’m scared. I’m scared of my mum when she was in a bad mood.

“Get lost! I don’t want to see your face for now! GET LOST!” she said as she push me harshly and closed the door.

I burst into tears. I just sit there. Doesn’t even move one inch.

Then someone tapped me from behind.

“Hey, stop crying…”

 

Jeasoon POV

 

I was on my way to the playground when suddenly I heard someone was shouting.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT???!!”

It came from the house in front of the playground.

When I looked closer, I saw a boy was sitting on the floor while crying.

I felt pity for him, maybe he had been scold by his mum so I decided to comfort him, I’m went near him and tap his shoulder.

 “Hey, stop crying…” I said with a soft voice. He just kept crying and wipes his tears.

“Come with me…” I grabbed his hand and headed toward the playground. He just followed me with his teary eyes.

Then I let him sits on a bench besides the swing.

“You wait here, okay? I’ll be back…” He just nodded and wipes his leftover tears.

I ran toward a small shop and enter it.

“Ahjussi, can you give me a chocolate and strawberry ice-cream?”

“Sure Jeasoon-ah. How is your mother? Is she still sick?” asked the ahjussi as he search for the ice-cream.

“You don’t have worry… she’s fine. Besides I’m always there to play with her, so that she will not lonely…”

“You’re such a good boy, Jeasoon. Here your ice-cream…”

He gives the ice-creams and takes the money that I gave to him. I thank him and went back to that boy.

 

Jeasoon : Hey, you want ice-cream?

 

Sungyeol : *look at Jeasoon and smile* Really? You wanna give me ice-cream…?

 

Jeasoon : Of course! Here, which one do you like?

 

Sungyeol : I like strawbb-e-lly…

 

Jeasoon : Strawbb-e-lly? Hahaha… you mean strawberry… you must pronounce it well, then I’ll give you ice-cream

 

Sungyeol : Sraw…straw…belly…strawbelly...*hard to say*

 

Jeasoon : StrawBERRY…BERRY

 

Sungyeol : Sta…Strawb-e-rr-y…Strawbe-rry….STRAWBERRY!!!

 

Jeasoon : YAY!!! You win!! And the prize is strawbelly ice-cream..

 

Sungyeol : HAHA…. You pronounce it wrong too! That’s mean you can’t have it….

 

Jeasoon : Oh no… but no worry. I have chocolate ice-cream *sit beside Sungyeol*. What is your name??* the ice-cream*

 

Sungyeol : Sungyeol…Lee Sungyeol.. I’m 6 years-old…

 

Jeasoon : Oo…I’m Yong Jeasoon. A cute 8 years-old boy…teehee…

 

We smiled widely to each other. That’s how I met my friend, Lee Sungyeol.