Chapter 21

I'm Not Useless!

 

No One POV

“Hyung!!” Sungjong shout of the sudden when he was playing with his I-pad.

“Wae?” Woohyun asked him.

“The anti-fans made an official apologize to Sungyeol hyung.” He said.

“What?! Seriously?” the others were shock especially Sungyeol.

Sungjong nods and read the article out loud.

“After the incident at the Infinite’s fan meeting in Gangnam, the anti-fans seem to realize that they were wrong and make an official apologize to Lee Sungyeol….”

They widen their eyes and look at Sungyeol,

“This is good thing!” Dongwoo said while carving a smile.

“Yeah! Sungyeol, you will make a lot of fans now.” Hoya said.

Sungyeol just smiled in disbelieved, but still an uneasy feeling haunted him, about his mother.

On the other hand, Junhyung had finished eating with Sungyeol’s mother. He brought Mrs.Lee to the mall and goes shopping with her. When they were in a jewelry shop, Mrs.Lee was busy looking at the bracelet while Junhyung is choosing a necklace.

“I want this one” Junhyung said to the worker while pointed his hand towards a silver necklace. The worker nodded and packs it for him. He paid for it and goes near Mrs. Lee.

“Which one do you want?” Junhyung asked her with a warm smile

“I’m just looking around. I don’t want to buy it.” Mrs.Lee said, “Let’s go” she continued.

“Just pick which one that you like, I’ll buy it for you.”

“I don’t want to burden you Jeasoon-ah”

“Ommonim, I have a lot of money. Don’t worry, you’re not burdening me.” He gives a sincere smile and Mrs. Lee just nodded and picks a bracelet.

After that, Junhyung brought her to see around Seoul and they have a good time together. And along their time together, Junhyung doesn’t even bother to talks about Sungyeol. He wants Mrs. Lee cools herself first.

“Ahhh…It’s been a long time since I have time like this. Thanks to you Jeasoon-ah” She said on their way to send her home. Junhyung decided to send her home himself.

“No need to thank me Ommonim, I should to thank you Ommonim. Actually, I really want to spent time like this with my mom, brought her to go shopping, showing her around Seoul, and do many things, but...” he stopped to breath some air and continued     “Yeah, since she sick….”

“It’s okay Jeasoon-ah…I believed she will recover soon.” Mrs. Lee said with a warm smile. “Ah! I’m forgot.” She said.

“What Ommonim?”

“Your name is not Jeasoon…I’m sorry but I used to call you Jeasoon” she apologized.

“It’s okay Ommonim, my mum used to call me with the name too” Junhyung said.

“Ummm…Ommonim” He called her.

“Yes, why Jeasoon?”

“Can I ask you a favor?”

“What is it?”

“Forgive Sungyeol please.”

Mrs. Lee was taken aback. Junhyung noticed that her face changed,

“Ommonim, he not means to hurts your feeling Ommonim, he knows you very well, and how much you dislike him being a songwriter. But he really loves writing lyrics and he has talent Ommonim. Can you give him chance?” Junhyung tried to persuade her.

She sighed.

“You don’t know how I feel Jeasoon. You don’t know how sad I am when he just left me and Sungyeol just because he wants to experience more love. I can’t accept that.”

“Although I don’t know much, but I can feel it too Ommonim. My father died before I come to this world.” Junhyung starts to be teary. He inhaled and continued, “Maybe it a different feeling, but at least I know how it felt. And Ommonim…not all songwriters will do the same. Sungyeol is different, he really loves you and you’re the only family he has right now.”

Mrs. Lee just listens to Junhyung word. She admit that not all songwriters like that, but she scared that Sungyeol will be one.

“Please think about it Ommonim, forgive him” Junhyung said after a long silence from Mrs. Lee.

Finally, they reached at her house, Junhyung opened the car’s door for her, and she get out.

“Thanks Jeasoon-ah, you’re really a good kid.” Mrs. Lee smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

“Ah…no problem Ommonim. And Ommonim, I’m sorry if I hurt your feeling just now.” Junhyung bow to her.

“It’s okay Jeasoon, I will think about it.” She said and they bid goodbye. She went in her house and Junhyung enter his car, he drives slowly and stops in front of her mother house. He smiled as he see it, it’s still like usual, nothing much changed. He knocks the door and someone opened it, the person that he missed the most.

“Omma!”

“Jeasoon-ah…aigoo~~ my son, I miss you so much!” Mrs. Yong said and they hugged each other.

“I miss you too much Omma!” Junhyung said and smiled at her.

“Omo….come in Jeasoon”

They sit on the sofa. “How come you come at this hour? It’s already 10 p.m Jeasoon.” Mrs. Yong asked her son and Junhyung doesn’t answer. Her mother looked at him. “Wae Jeasoon?” She asked again. Junhyung give her his warm smile and hand her a blue small jewellery box, “Here” he said.

“What is this?” She looked through his son’s eyes

“Open it.”

She opened it and her eyes widen.

“This is so beautiful son,” she looked at Junhyung.

“Let me put it on you.” Junhyung take the necklace and put it on his mother’s neck.

“Omo! It become shining when you wears it Omma” Junhyung said and his mother laugh.

“Thanks Jeasoon, I really loved it”

He just gives her his warm smile and hugs her “I love you, omma”.

“But Jeasoon, can you answer my question just now?” She asked.

Junhyung tell her everything that happened on that day, and her mother was quite shock with it.

“So, Mrs. Lee found out about it?” She asked and Junhyung just give her a nod. While they were talking, suddenly Junhyung’s phone rang. He takes a look at it and it was Sungyeol.

Junhyung : Yes?

Sungyeol : Jun, how my mom? Is she okay? Did you try to talk to her?

Junhyung : She’s fine, you don’t have to worry about that, I have tried to talk to her and…I don’t know.

Sungyeol : huh…she must be really mad at me. Argh! What should I do..?

 

“Let me talk to him” Mrs. Yong said, Junhyung thinks for a second and nodded and hand her the phone

 

Mrs.Yong : Sungyeol-ah…

Sungyeol : huh? Wh..who is this?

Mrs.Yong : it’s me, Jeasoon omma.

Sungyeol : Ommonim? Did Junhyung make his way home? Ommonim, how are you?

Mrs.Yong: I’m fine. Ah, I heard about your mum.

Sungyeol : umm….she must be really mad at me Ommonim. And I don’t know what to do.

Mrs.Yong : It’s not your fault Sungyeol-ah…I will help you to talk to her, okay? Don’t think about it too much and focused on your career now.

Sungyeol : Ommonim…you…you’re too kind..

Mrs.Yong : Nothing much Sungyeol-ah, I just helping.

From the phone she can heard that Sungyeol is sobbing.

Mrs.Yong : Don’t cry Sungyeol-ah…

Sungyeol : Ommonim…can..I..ask you a favor?

Mrs.Yong : As long I can do it, I’ll try.

Sungyeol : Can you say….you…love me..?

Mrs.Yong : I love you Sungyeolie.

Sungyeol burst into tears hearing that. It was a confession that he really wanted to hear from his mom.

Sungyeol : Thank you Ommonim.

Mrs.Yong : Nothing much Sungyeol…I want you to live well and don’t think too much okay? Every problem can be solved, remember that.

Sungyeol : I will Ommonim. Thanks a lot. Ah! Ommonim, can I talk to Junhyung?

 

Mrs.Yong hands the phone to Junhyung and he talked to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol : Thanks a lot Jun… I don’t know where to find a friend like you.

Junhyung : You can find it here, in our village.

Sungyeol : Haha…okay Jun..I’m hanging up. Once again..GOMAWO!

Junhyung : Okay! Annyeong…Bye-yeom..

He ended the call and look at mom that is beside him.

“What with that face Omma?” he asked.

“My son has aegyo!”

Junhyung furrowed his eyebrows and look at her with confused look.

“You used ‘Bye-yeom’ just now...ahhh….you look cute son...” She laughed.

“Omma~~~” Junhyung said, face palmed himself as he was blushing.

“Aigoo~~ Jeasoon-ah, are you gonna go back to your dorm or stay here?” his mom asked.

“Ummm… I think my body is too lazy to drive now, so I want to stay here!” He stretched out.

“Have you told your member about this?”

“Ah, not yet.” Junhyung grabbed his phone and send text to Dujun.

‘Dujun-ah….something urgent come up and I at my mom house right now. I’ll be staying here for tonight and will be back, maybe tomorrow noon. Tell the other about this okay?’

Not long after that, Dujun replied.

‘Arasso, now I know why you’re out of my sight today. Well, spent good time with your mom, send our regards to her, okay? And make sure you come back TOMORROW!

I smiled and just replied ‘okay’ to him. For that night, I spent my whole time with my mom. J

 

Hoya POV

“Lee Sungyeol, just eat a bit okay? You can’t continue like this. You’re already skinny and you want to be skinnier?” Sunggyu blabbering to Sungyeol.

After that incident, Sungyeol lost his appetite. He doesn’t really want to eat and become weaker. And because of that, he lost focus when practice. We can’t take to see him like this.

I think this is because of his mom. He lost contact with her, she doesn’t pick up his call even replied his message.

“I don’t feel like eating Sunggyu.” Sungyeol said.

“But hyung, we can’t stand seeing you like this. You’re torturing yourself.” The maknae comment.

“If you want me to feed you, okay I’ll do it” Sunggyu try to persuade him.

Sungyeol shook his head and enter our shared room and lock himself in there. He always does that these day, locking himself and bear with the problem alone. Sunggyu sighed while closing his eyes.  I walked towards the room and knock the door,

“Sungyeol-ah, don’t bear with it alone, you have us okay. You’re not just torturing yourself, but you’re torturing us too to see you in this kind of condition.” I said, but there’s no reply from him. I look at the other member and sighed.

 

Sungyeol POV

The members try to ask me to eat but I have totally lost my appetite. And yeah, this is because of mom. I try for the hundreds time to call her but she doesn’t even bother to pick up. The other say that I should not think about it too much, but I can’t help it.

I lay myself on my bed and to cry. Why am I too weak? Why can’t I endure this? Actually I feel mad for myself too. Because of my current condition we cancel many schedules. I buried my face with the pillow and cried harder.

Out of the sudden, my phone rang. I take a look at the caller and for my surprise, it’s my mom. I pick it up without second thought.

Sungyeol : Omma.

 

She doesn’t replied Sungyeol but just stay silence.

 

Sungyeol : Omma, I’m sorry. I’m really really sorry. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings but..

Mrs.Lee : Sungyeol-ah…you want me to forgive you?

Sungyeol : Really mom? You will forgive me?

Mrs.Lee : Yes I will, but..

 

“But what Omma?”  I asked her.

“But Omma, I….” She cut me off.

I sighed, “Okay, I…I.. understand Omma” I stuttered and we end the call.

‘I’m sorry Infinite. I have to do this’ I thought and let the tears falling again.