Chapter 18

I'm Not Useless!

 

(The next day)

 

No one POV

 

“Kids, lets go to the CEO room.” Sunggyu said when they are in the middle of dance practice.

 

“Why so sudden hyung?” Myungsoo asked

 

“I don’t know. I just got a text message from manager saying that CEO wants to meet all of us right now.”

 

“But, Sungyeol is not with us now.” Sungjong said.

 

“It’s okay, I will text him later.”

 

“Fine then.” replied the kids. Sunggyu brought his bag with him as he has something to give back to the CEO.

 

We enter the CEO room as we reached there, and as usual, he asked us to have a seat.

 

“Okay, Infinite! I have a new song for you!” the CEO said, smiling.

 

“Whoa~~~ really CEO?” the Infinite’s member get excited when they heard that. But only one person that just give a normal expression, the leader.

 

“Here the lyrics.” CEO handed a paper to each of us.

 

“DAEBAK! This lyric is so good. Who is the composer?” Woohyun asked.

 

“Like usual, Longman” CEO answered while his eyes were searching for Sungyeol, but he was out of sight.

 

“Where is Sungyeol?” he asked.

 

“He has a drama shoot this morning and he will be coming later. Don’t worry, I have text him to come here” Sunggyu said while reading the lyric.

 

“Ouh, good then” he replied.

 

Sunggyu POV

 

When we were told that we are gonna have a new song, all the members were cheering excitedly, while I just give a normal expression. There’s one thing that played in my mind.

 

‘Is what I expect is true?’ I thought.

 

As the lyric were handed I read it.

 

‘Bingo! My thought is true’. That was the lyric that I read on Sungyeol’s bed the other day.

 

“DAEBAK! This lyric is so good. Who is the composer?” Woohyun asked.

 

I stare at the CEO as I was waiting for his answer.

 

“Like usual, Longman.” He answered.

 

‘Longman….is he really Sungyeol? I still doubted about that.

 

Suddenly, the CEO asked for Sungyeol. I said that he have drama shoot and will be coming later.

 

 

“BANG!” we were shocked when someone slammed the door open.

 

“I’m sorry….I’m late….hehe” Sungyeol said and catch some oxygen.

 

“Haish Sungyeol, You had shocked us you know” Myungsoo comment.

 

“hehe… sorry for that. Why we were called here?” Sungyeol asked and take a seat beside CEO.

 

“We will have a new song hyung! Here the lyric. It’s really cool!” Sungjong answered his question and handed him the lyric.

 

“Oh, really?” Sungyeol looked at the CEO with smile plastered on his face.

 

CEO just gives him a small nod as a reply.

 

I just stare at him. Waiting for his reaction when he read the lyric.

 

“Emmm…great!” he said.

 

‘Simple reaction’.  I thought.

 

His reaction is not like the other member, widen their eyes when they read the lyrics, cheering saying that it was cool and great. His reaction just like me, like he already know about that.

 

 With the prove that was in front of my eyes, I think what I had been questioning in my mind these day found its answer.

 

‘Huh, you are really an actor, Lee Sungyeol. Or should I call, Longman.’ I whispered in my heart.

 

Sungyeol POV

 

I got a text from Sunggyu saying that CEO wants to meet us when I was in the middle of shooting. I know he want to tell the members about the summer song, but still, I have to go there. So, as soon as the shooting is done, I quickly head to the company.

 

(….)

 

Because I think I need to hurry, I just slammed the door opened and that’s make the others shocked. I said my sorry to them and sit beside the CEO. As expected, he wants to hand us the lyric and I just keep my poker-face when I read it..

 

“emm…great.” I comment. Actually I complement myself.

 

(…..)

 

When the others were busy talked about the summer song, Sunggyu spoke.

 

“CEO, I have something to give you” he grabbed his bag and take out some mp3 and put it on the table.

 

My eyes widen as I see that.

 

‘Wasn’t it my mp3 that I give to CEO for the guide song?’ I thought.

 

I try to pick it all but my all my member hurriedly grab all of it. My heart was beating faster right now.

 

“What is this?” Dongwoo asked and take the earphone from his phone and put it on the mp3 and played it. Everyone did the same.

 

“ahh…this is our song but….” Woohyun said and stopped when it’s start singing.

 

“Wasn’t this my part?” L utters, furrowed his eyebrows in confused.

 

“hey, why it is sang by you Sungyeol?” Hoya asked me.

 

Before I could answer Hoya, Dongwoo asked me an unexpected question.

 

“Did you want to make a solo debut?”

 

“SOLO DEBUT??!! Why Sungyeol CEO? It should be me first because I’m the main vocal here.” Woohyun  protest.

 

“Hey, hey…CALM DOWN! It’s not like that. I just……train his voice, that’s all.” CEO answered. I relief a bit with what he said because it’s made sense.

 

“Ahhhh…now I get it.” Dongwoo said and take off his earphone and put the mp3 back on the table. The others do the same.

 

“But how come all this mp3 was with you Sunggyu” CEO throw a question to him.

 

I stare at him without blinking, totally waiting for his answer.

 

“First, I want to say sorry for taking your stuff without your permission. I found it in your drawer on the day you ask me to do your work.” Sunggyu said, calmly.

 

I swallowed my saliva. Sunggyu is being scarier these days.