Chapter 20

I'm Not Useless!

 

Junhyung POV

 

The other infinite members stand up and bow to Sungyeol’s mother and me.

 

Sungyeol was frozen in his place as he saw his mother. His expression just like mine when I saw his mother was watching the live broadcast of the fan meeting at the bus station.

 

----Flashback----

I was composing a new song for our comeback and suddenly my phone rang. I look at the screen and it was unknown number. I doubt to pick it up at first but I ended pushing the ‘green-button’.

 

“Yobeseyo?”

 

“Jeasoon-ah, it’s me, Sungyeol’s mother.”

 

“Ouh, annyeonghaseyo ommonim. Why did you call me?”

 

“Ahh…Jeasoon-ah, can you pick me up at the bus station?”

 

“Bus station?”

 

“Yes, I’m in Seoul now.”

 

“Seoul? You came all the way here? For what?”

 

“I’m going to visit Sungyeol…so can you come and pick me. I try to call Sungyeol, but he doesn’t pick up his phone.”

 

“Ouh..okay. Which bus station?”

 

“Bus station XXX”

 

“ouh…it’s quite far from my place, so maybe I’ll be there in…20 minutes more. I hope it’s okay for you to wait.”

 

“ouh..okay then, Thanks a lot Jeasoon.”

 

We end the call. I take my car keys on the table and drove off towards the bus station.

 

(20 minutes later)

 

I park my car and walk to search for Sungyeol’s mother. Since she uses the public phone just now so, I can’t give her a call.

‘Oh! There she is!’ I walks near her and approached her.

 

“Ommonim …Annyeonghaseyo.” I bow but she doesn’t even looked at me. I ignore that and continue ..

“Let’s g…”

 

“Wait a while” She cut me off without even looking at me. Then, I followed her eyes and noticed that she was watching the television there. Suddenly I realized that was Infinite Fan meeting live broadcast.

 

I  saw Sungyeol was throw with a bottle of water on his head.

 

‘Ouch, that’s hurt’ I thought and continue watching it

 

“WHO THROW IT TO HIM HUH??”

“WHY BECOME QUIET?? JUST NOW YOU GUYS WERE BUSY CURSING SUNGYEOL AND NOW WHEN I ASK YOU BECOME SILENT??!!”

“Sungyeol is doing NOTHING!”

“Ya! Do you know HOW PRECIOUS SUNGYEOL TO US??!!”

“THEN, PROVE IT!”

“YA! You want to know why Sungyeol is precious?? YOU WANT TO KNOW?? BECAUSE HE WAS OUR SONGWRITER! WITHOUT HIM, MAYBE INFINITE IS NOT HERE RIGHT NOW!”

 

My eyes widen as I that. Oh my God! Sungyeol is busted. I take a look at his mom expression and just like what I thought, full with anger.

 

“What did he say? He is a songwriter?” She asked me.

 

“aa-ah…umm..I..I…” I stuttered, don’t know what to say.

 

“Let’s go.” She said and stands up and starts to walks. I exhaled and followed her

 

‘Sungyeol-ah…..what is happening actually?’ I talk to myself.

 

-------End of Flashback-----

 

And now, Sungyeol is facing her mother. His face looks pale like he will faint anytime.

 

“Omma…”  he utters.

His mother smirks.

 

“Huh, like father like son.”  She said and went near Sungyeol and slapped across his face.

 

Sungyeol widen his eyes with his mother sudden attack. The Infinite’s member and I were shocked by her action. I glance at Sungyeol and I saw he’s already teary.

 

“Ommonim” I take a hold of her.

 

“Let me go Jeasoon. He deserves this.”

 

“But ommonim..”

 

“You just shut up! You know nothing about this.”

 

I obeyed her and she glare back at Sungyeol.

 

“I came all the way here to pay you a visit but THIS WHAT YOU GIVE ME?!! YA! YOU…”

 

“Ommonim!” I stopped her when she wants to slapped Sungyeol again.

 

“HUH! Lucky you have this kind of friend.” She said and pushed my hands. She let out a sigh.

 

“Unlucky of me for having an UNGRATEFUL SON” Sungyeol’s mother continued and rolled her eyes towards Sungyeol before she walks away.

 

Sungyeol’s tears already flows down his cheeks. He tried to catch up her mother but I stopped his track. He looks at me with those teary eyes.

 

“Sungyeol-ah…she is in a bad mood, if you go, she will hurt you even more.”

 

“Junhyung…my mom….” He cried to me.

 

“It’s okay Sungyeol, I will try to talk to her okay? Don’t worry, put your trust in me.”

 

“Please Junhyung,…please persuade her....I beg you…she’s my only mom”

 

“I will…” I looked at Infinite’s member.

 

“Please take care of Sungyeol. Don’t let him alone, okay.” I said to them. I take a hold on Sungyeol’s shoulder and said,

 

“Be strong, okay? I go first.”. I excused myself and run to catch up Sungyeol’s mother.

 

 

No One POV

 

As soon as Junhyung left, all of the Infinite members sit in the living room,

 

“Sungyeol-ah…” Woohyun said while holding Sungyeol’s shoulder with one hand, trying to persuade him. Sungyeol is still in shock. ‘How can omma know about this? How come Junhyung is with her?’ he thought.

 

“Sungyeol hyung, why is your mom so mad at you?” Sungjong said slowly.

 

He doesn’t replied it, and just look at the floor.

 

“Its okay hyung, if you don’t want to tell us, it’s okay. You can tell...”

 

“She hates me being a songwriter.” Sungyeol cut Sungjong and looked at with those teary eyes of him.

 

The other looked at him with confused look.

 

“But…why?” Sunggyu asked.

 

Sungyeol inhaled deeply and tell them from A to Z about that included about his relationship with Junhyung.

 

“She’s the only one family that I have now, I don’t know where is my father. If she leaves me too, I don’t have family anymore. That’s why I don’t want to lose her, whatever she did to me.” He said.

 

“Sorry again Sungyeol, I don’t know about this” Sunggyu said.

 

“It’s okay hyung. Like I have said, it’s not your fault either.” He gives him a small smile.

 

‘I wonder where Junhyung brought my mom’ He thought.

 

Junhyung POV

I run to catch up Sungyeol’s mother after I left Sungyeol with . I think she doesn’t went that far as it was apartment and have to use the stair to go down and for sure, it takes time. As I reached the ground floor, I looked around to search for her and lucky me, I saw her going out from the building, I run toward her.

 

“Ommonim” I called out. But she just ignored me and walks away.

 

“Ommonim.” This time I stand in front of her, blocking her from walking away.

 

“What do you want Jaesoon?” She said while wipe the leftover tears.

 

“Where do you want to go Ommonim?” I asked.

 

She doesn’t give a reply. So, I continued,

 

“You just reached Seoul, and you don't want to go home now, right? Yeah, since Ommonim rarely come here, why don’t you look around Seoul first?” I asked her.

 

“You want to bring me?”

 

“Of course. Come, let’s go to eat first, I know the best pork belly restaurant here.” I take a hold of her hand and walked towards the car and drove off. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : all revealed!! how was it? Hope you give respond. comment and subscribe <3  :)