Chapter 22

I'm Not Useless!

 

 

-At a Press Conference-

Q : Is the rumor about Sunggyu making solo debut is true?

Sunggyu : we doesn’t conform about it yet. It still in discussion

Q : And are Hoya and Dongwoo will debut as a unit under the name ‘Infinite-H?’

Hoya : It just our plan. We can’t conformed it now.

Q : Is it true about Sungyeol is a songwriter? Since when?

Sungyeol : Yes, I am a songwriter and “She’s back” is my first-write song. Since then, I always composed song for Infinite.

Q : Why don’t you make it public but just keep it as a secret?

Sungyeol : Personal matter.

Q : Is that true that you keep this as a secret because you have family problem?

Sungyeol : no, it’s not true. I don’t have any family problem.

Their manager looks at the reporter asking them are they finished. One of the reporters nodded and they stand up. Infinite stand up start to walk off the place but stopped by Sungyeol’s word.

“Wait up. I have something to say”

The members look at him with a confused look. Then, Sungyeol continued,

“Listen reporters, I will just say this once only, make sure you’re ready your paper and pen and camera.”

The reporters sit back on their place and turn on the camera and record him.

“Ya! What are you trying to do?” Sunggyu whispered to Sungyeol. But Sungyeol just ignored him and continue to speak,

“I, Lee Sungyeol, will withdraw from Infinite, and this is official.”

The other members widen their eyes in shock.

“Ya! What the hell are you doing Sungyeol?” Myungsoo whispered in angry.

Sungyeol turn off the mic, put it on the table and walk passed Infinite.

Myungsoo take a hold of Sungyeol hand and dragged him to the waiting room, the others followed them.

“YA! ARE YOU ON YOUR NERVE NOW??!” Myungsoo shout to him.

Sungyeol just stare at the mad Myungsoo without even blinking his eyes.

“YA! DON’T STARE AT ME LIKE THAT!” Myungsoo fly his fist to Sungyeol cheeks.

“KIM MYUNGSOO!!” Sunggyu shout and take a hold of Sungyeol that was fall on the floor. Sungjong and Hoya take hold of Myungsoo.

“YA! CONDITION JUST BECOME NICE AND YOU RUIN IT AGAIN YOU KNOW!!” Myungsoo shout again.

“KIM MYUNSOO! Stops will you! Your shout will not solving problem okay! Maybe Sungyeol has reason for it.” Sunggyu said.

“Hyung,  you still on this rascal side?” Myungsoo said to the leader.

“Myungsoo! Since when you have that kind of mouth huh?!” Woohyun said.

“Since that rascal always bring problem to us!” he replied.

“YA! WATCH YOUR MOU…..”

“Guys! STOP IT OKAY!” Sungyeol cut Sunggyu word. Tears start falling from his eyes. He walks near Myungsoo and said,

“Guys, you don’t have to get mad to Myungsoo, cause he’s right. I am a rascal.”

“What are you talki…”

“I don’t even have the power to keep myself in this group. I just follow what my mother said and don’t even have the urge to protest what she’s saying. Besides, I AM useless in this group, I just be here because I’m writing song, not something that people need to be an idol. I can’t sing well and dances well. I just don’t deserve to be in this group.”

Tears keep falling from his eyes. “I am…too..weak…” He continued and looks at the floor.

“Sungyeol hyung….it’s not true…you’re really talented hyung…you…”

“You don’t have to persuade me, Sungjong.” He sighed and continued “I have announced it by the way, so, I have officially out from this group, and I’m not part of Infinite anymore.”

He inhaled and leaves the room, he run to anywhere he legs brought him. He was not sure whether what he doing right or not. He’s in despair.

“Lee Sungyeol! Where do you want to…..?” Sunggyu tried to chase Sungyeol but being stopped by the manager.

“Hyung, Sungyeol run away. And you hear what he say to the reporter just now right?!” he continued.

“Yes I heard that.” the manager replied.

“Why you don’t say a thing? Say something! Make him come back!”

The manager sighed and looks at the other member that have the confused face on them..

“Kids, lets go. CEO wants to see you guys.” Manager said.

“HYUNG! Sungyeol is just running away!” Woohyun said to him.

“LET HIM BE!” he said and the others were taken aback. He sighed and continues “Just follow me to the CEO okay?”

Infinite just exchanging gaze with each other and finally they all look at Sunggyu. He looks at the manager who starts to disappear from his sight and look back at the guys. He sighed and bit his lower lips.

“Let” he stopped and close his eyes then continued, “see the CEO first.”

 

“Infinite is here, CEO” manager said as he stepped into the CEO room. The CEO nodded to him and he asks for Infinite to come in. They all sit at the sofa, the manager too.

“CEO, Sungyeol just said that he leaves this group and ….” Dongwoo said but being cut by the CEO.

“Wait, I have a call.”

“Ah…yes this is Park Jin Young CEO of Woolim……..yes it is official….yes, please write about it…okay, thank you.” He ended the call and look at the member.

“Okay, continue what you want to say…” he said

“CEO do you know that Sungyeol said to the reporter that he will leave Infinite and that make no sense at all.” Hoya asked the CEO.

“Yes I know..”

“CEO, seriously, we have to make him back in this group. We have to say to the reporters that he just joking and …”

“We don’t have to” Woohyun words was cut by CEO. The entire Infinite member furrowed their eyebrows and look at the CEO with What-are-you-talking-about look.

CEO sighed and continued, “Just….let him go this time.”

“HUH?!” The members say in one time.

“Wait up…what…what are you saying just now, CEO?” Myungsoo asked him.

“Just let go of Sungyeol this time”

“And that is NONSENSE!” Myungsoo shout a bit to him.

“Watch your mouth Myungsoo.” Sunggyu scold him. “I’m sorry CEO, but what the reason?” he continued.

“Like he said in the waiting room just now, because his mother asked him to” the manager finally spoke after a long silence.

“His mother asked him to leave Infinite?” Sungjong asked, still doubt about it.

“Not just Infinite but also stop writing lyrics.”  CEO answers him.

Infinite look at the CEO in disbelieved.

“But……how did you know about this CEO?” Dongwoo asked him.

The others look at the CEO as they were also curious.

“Because he met me beforehand”

------Flashback------

Junhyung enters the CEO room and saw Sungyeol and CEO were sitting on the sofa, so he joins them and sits beside Sungyeol.

“What makes me come here?” He starts the conversation

“I want to discuss something with both of you” Sungyeol said.

Junhyung and CEO look at each other and Junhyung saids in confusion “Us?”

Sungyeol just nodded.

“Then, you may start” CEO said.

“Umm….straight to the point, I want to….”

“You want to??” Junhyung asked curious as Sungyeol stopped his words. Sungyeol looks at both of them and sighed.

“To…withdraw from Infinite” he confesses.

“WHAT?!” both CEO and Junhyung shout in unison. Junhyung stand up,

“Hey, you crazy? You have go this far and you want to withdraw? Huh, Sungyeol….are you out of your mind right now?!” Junhyung shout to Sungyeol, not even cared where he is right now.

“Ya, slow down. You’re in my office now.” CEO said to Junhyung.

“I’m sorry CEO” Junhyung apologize and sit down.

“Sungyeol, may you explain?” CEO asked Sungyeol.

“My mom said that she will forgive me if I…..”

“Withdraw from Infinite, huh?” Junhyung cuts Sungyeol words.

Sungyeol slowly nodded and stare at the floor.

“Ya! Can’t you fought back? I mean, not the rude way but, more specifically persuade her. Tell her that you can’t do that or whatever else…” Junhyung starts blabbering to Sungyeol.

“I want to…but I don’t have the urge to…I’m…”

“Scared?, huh?” once again, Junhyung cuts his words.

Sungyeol stared at the cold floor again.

“Sungyeol, can’t you be a little bit brave? You just have to tell her you can’t. That’s all.”

“But….I…doesn’t want to hurt her again.”

“And you rather being hurt instead?” Junhyung stare at him but Sungyeol just look down. Junhyung runs his hand through his hair as he is frustrated.

Silence lingering in the room for a couple of minutes.

“Sungyeol, are you sure you want to withdraw?” CEO broke the silence and look at Sungyeol. Junhyung giving the CEO are-you-kidding look.

“I…don’t want to but I have to.” Sungyeol said.

“So? Your decision?” CEO asked him again.

“I…have to withdraw from Infinite.”

CEO sighed. And continued, “If it’s like that I just can respect your decision”

“What did you said just now CEO?” Junhyung asked, widen his eyes as he was shocked with the CEO words.

“I’ll let him withdraw from Infinite.”

“WHAT?! But…CEO…isn’t...”

“Sungyeol has through so many obstacles all this time, he had being hurt many times and I think I understand his condition right now.” CEO said and throw his vision to Sungyeol “But Sungyeol, if you want to come back to Infinite, you can.”

Junhyung turned silent and just stare at something as he was thinking what the CEO said just now.

“Thank you CEO, thank you so much...” Sungyeol said and a small smile plastered on his face. Then, he looked at the silent Junhyung.

“Junhyung? You still mad at me?”

Junhyung looked at Sungyeol and said with serious face

“You really want to do this, Sungyeol?” this time he talked softly, mostly sounded like caring.

Sungyeol exhaled and give him a nod with a smile on his face.

“If then…I will understand.” Junhyung said and replied Sungyeol’s smile.

“But Sungyeol, I can help you to persuade your mother. So, you don’t have to leave”

“Thanks bro. But it’s okay. I have received too much help from you and I don’t want to burden you anymore. After this I just want to live in harmony with my mother.” Sungyeol said to Junhyung.

--------End of flashback------

“So, I hope you guys will respect his decision too.” CEO said to the Infinite after telling them about Sungyeol.

“We will…” Sunggyu said and sighed.

‘They all seem to understand. I hope after this, all this problem will be over,’ the CEO thought.

“Then, we want to excuse ourselves first, CEO” Sunggyu said and stand up. The others followed him and they bow at the CEO before make their way out of the room.