Chapter 25

I'm Not Useless!

Sungyeol’s pov

“Omma…it’s me…open the door…” I said and waiting for the door to be open.

When the door was opened, I saw my mom was looking at me without a smile on her face. I ignore that and kept smiling at her.

 I take my bag and went to my room. Nothing change in this house since last time I here, before I debut.

I take a sit on my single-bed and grab my phone.

Should I call the member? But if omma heard it, she will be mad at me. It is not that I’m afraid of her, it just for once I want her to at least smile at me. I know all this time, I always make her angry. I want to make my mom happy with me.

I laid on my bed and stared my phone. “If I want to make her happy…I have to be the old-Sungyeol. That mean I have to act like I was before debut…” I said that to myself and put the phone on to the table beside my bed. I change my cloth and went outside.

 

(In the kitchen)

“Hey, mom.”

I throw a look at my mom that was slicing the vegetables for our dinner. She glances at me and back to what she was doing.

“Why?” She asked me.

“Uh?” I made confused looks and take a sit in front of her.

“I’m asking why you called me.” She said without looks at me.

“Ahhh….I just…calling. Hehe.” I let out an awkward laugh.

“Sungyeol-ah” she called me and looks into my eyes.

“Ye..yes mom.” For sudden my heart beat fast.

“What do you want for dinner tonight?” she asked.

I let out a relieved sighs. I think she gonna asks me something out of the blue.

“Umm…kimchi”  I said, looking at her.

She flashes a smile to me and walks to the sink to wash the vegetables.

‘Did mom just…smile at me?’ I thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“AAAHHHH!!!! This isn’t working!!!” shouted Hoya as the Infinite members were practicing ‘The Chaser’ dances. All of the members stop. The maknae pause the music and looked at the leader.

“Hyung, it’s been 3 month since Sungyeol gone but we still can’t get used to it…” Sungjung said.

Sunggyu let out a small sighed and looks at the member,

“Let just give it one more try ok?” he said.

“HYUNG! We have tried for the last 3 month but nothing changed!” Dongwoo rises his voice at the leader.

“So? What can we do?” Sunggyu asked, rising his voice a little bit.

There was silence for a couple of minutes than Hoya talked

“Unless…we re-cheograph the dance”

“What? It takes time okay!” Woohyun said.

Again, Sunggyu sighed.

 ‘eotokkhe?’ he talked in his mind.

“Guys, let’s bring Sungyeol back.” Myungsoo talked out of the sudden.

The members look at him with their brow furrowed at first, and then their faces slowly turn into a smile.

“I don’t consider it as a bad idea!” Woohyun said, raising a brow.

“LET’S BRING SUNGYEOL BACK!!” they said in unison.

 

Sungyeol POV

3 months already passed since I live with my mother. Now I work at the stall around this neighborhood. Although the money I got not that much, but I still can feed both me and my mum. Plus, sometimes the members send me some money.

To say that I don’t miss Infinite is a totally a lie. I miss them too much! Every time I look at our picture together in my phone, the feelings to go back to them haunted me. But thinking back about my mother feeling is not something that I can ignore.

Actually, I silently write song and sometimes send it to the CEO through e-mail. I think my mother still didn’t find out about this because she doesn’t even talk about ‘songwriter-thing’ anymore. Well, that’s a relief.

My mom….at first, she still being cold at me, but after time passes, she become nicer and nicer. To tell you, my mom is not that bad, she has her sweet side too. Now, I treated the way is should being treated. Hehe…

“Sungyeol? Sungyeol-ah….” I snapped from my daydreaming and saw my mum wave her hands in front of my eyes. I look at her,

“Why mom?”

“I called you hundreds of times already but you don’t answer me.” She let herself sit beside me and continued, “What are you daydreaming about?”

I raise my brow. “Uh? Ah… nothing much mum” I smiled at her.

“Really? Or…you thought about your girlfriend? How? Did she beautiful like me?”

“Mum..! I don’t have girlfriend okay. I’m single. Why? You already want a daughter in-law?” I joked.

“Actually, already want see you being a appa.” She smiled widely at me.

“Mum !” I look at her smiling face.

“You’re blushing….” She pinches my cheeks, “Aha! Don’t think something negative Sungyeol!”

“I’m not!” I said, trying to hide my smile.

Suddenly my phone rang. I look at the ID and automatically carving a smile.

Sungyeol : Yo ! Waddup waddup bro!

Dongwoo : YOO!! Waddup waddup!

Sungyeol :  How are you man!

Dongwoo : Like usual, I’m FRRREESH! You?

Sungyeol : I’m FRRREESH too, haha. How about the other?

INFINITE : WE WERE FRRREESSH TOO!

Sungyeol : You all are there?

Myungsoo : Yeah!

Sungyeol : Woa! Myung!!! I MISS YOU!

Sunggyu : Yaaa~~~ Just miss your Myung? How about us?

Sungyeol : Well, all of you! Haha..

My mum just look at me, then throw her vision towards the television.

I talked to Infinite for half an hour. Well, long time no seeing each other.