Chapter 10

I'm Not Useless!

 

Sungyeol POV

 

“Mom… can you come to my school tomorrow??”

 

“For what??” Mom asked me.

 

“…teacher-parent meeting….”

 

“I don’t have time, okay…” she said, harshly.

 

“But teacher said that all parent have to go to that meeting…so…”

 

“SUNGYEOL…if I said I don’t have time, its mean I’m busy. So stop begging me to go to that stupid meeting. You’re middle-school student now, take care of yourself…AISH!”

She went into her room and slapped the door closed.

 

I stepped near her room and knocked.

 

“Mom, can I go to Jeasoon’s house??”

 

“JUST GO!! Don’t bother me…”

 

I put on my jacket and went to Jeasoon’s house. Walking toward his house, only take a few minute, since we were neighbour. I

stepped into his front gate and saw his mother was watering the flower in the garden.

 

“Oh, Sungyeol-ah…” she said.

 

“Annyeong, Mrs. Yong… Is Jeasoon home?”

 

“Yes… just go inside. He is in his room…”

 

“Kamsamhamnida…”

 

I went straight into his room. Opening the door, I saw Jeasoon was laying on the bed with his hand covering his eyes.

 

‘He’s sleeping? Argh…’ I thought.

 

I lay myself beside him and suddenly he look at me.

 

Jeasoon : hey, what you doing here?

 

Sungyeol : you awake? I thought you were sleeping.

 

Jeasoon : I said what’re you doing here??!

 

Sungyeol : Noooothing….*blinking his eyes*

 

Jeasoon : so, get out of my room.

 

Sungyeol : NO! I wanna stay here…*tapping the bed*

 

Jeasoon : aish…serve yourself!

 

Sungyeol : What’s your problem??*look at Jeasoon*

 

Jeasoon : Problem?? What’re you talking about? I don’t have any problem…

 

Sungyeol : L-I-A-R~

 

Jeasoon : YA! I’m not a liar… I’m just pure…

 

Sungyeol : PURE???!! You got to be kidding me?!

 

Jeasoon : just  look at my face… it’s pure..

 

Sungyeol : that kind of face is pure? Huh… like a kingka

 

Jeasoon : What…Huh…say what ever you want. But don’t disturb me, okay…

 

Sungyeol : *thinking* Ah ha…I know. Come with me…*pull Jeasoon’s hand*

 

Jeasoon : YA…I said don’t disturb me…

 

I kept pulling Jeasoon’s hand even though he doesn’t want it. We went into the kitchen. I take a chair and force him to sit. There

is a small table in front of him and he puts his hand on it.

 

Sungyeol : You just wait there, okay…

 

Jeasoon : Uhm…*nod*

 

I take a blander on the top of the cupboard and take some fruits from the refrigerator and started to make smoothie for us.

 

Jeasoon POV

I just sit there while watching Sungyeol make the smoothie. He always make me smoothie when I faced problem or in a bad mood. I don’t know how but he always knows whenever I had problem. Maybe because we know each other for a long time.

 

Sungyeol : Smoothie is ready! *put the smoothie on the table*

 

Jeasoon :  *smirk* thanks buddy!

 

Sungyeol : my pleasure….*watching Jeasoon drink it*  How was it?

 

Jeasoon : sweeeeet….like always!

 

Sungyeol : hehe…well, this is Sungyeol!.

 

Suddenly mum coming out from nowhere, asking Sungyeol as she saw I was drinking smoothie.

 

Mrs. Yong : Sungyeol-ah…you make smoothie?

 

Sungyeol : Ah..yea! you want some?

 

Mrs Yong : Of course! It has been a long time since I enjoy your smoothie.

 

Sungyeol : alright! Take a sit ma’am. Let me serve you with my special smoothie.

 

Sungyeol went back to the kitchen and make it. After he finished it, we have a talk while enjoying our smoothie.

 

Jeasoon : Sungyeol, have you tell your mum about the parents-teacher meeting?

 

Sungyeol : umm….i already told her but…you know…*sigh*

 

Jeasoon : so? Who gonna go replacing her?

 

Sungyeol : I don’t know. Maybe…..aah, no one.

 

Mrs. Yong : then let me replace her!

 

Sungyeol : *shock!* are you serious Mrs Yong?

 

Mrs Yong : of course!

 

Jeasoon : SERIOUSLY MUM? But you need to go with me.

 

Mrs Yong : its okay…you guys go to the same school. So, we can go together!

 

Sungyeol take a look at me and I give him a small nod. So, we agree about that.

 

My mother treats Sungyeol like he was her own son. I’m not jealous, just happy about it, because I know Sungyeol needs love and attention from a mother.  :)