Chapter 23

I'm Not Useless!

 

Sunggyu POV

We get out of the CEO room and I closed the door behind me.

“Huh….Sungyeol has a sad life...” Woohyun said while we’re walking down stair.

“I don’t know hyung has such problem with his mother.” Sungjong said.

“I don’t have the idea this happening in his life, things just get better but…..it seems not really” Dongwoo said..

As we reached down stair we went in our car and manager drove off to our dorm.

(….)

I grabbed the dorm key in my bag to unlock the door, but Sungjong just push it and it’s open.

“It’s unlocked?” I asked the guys. They just give me the confused face meaning that they know nothing about this. I stepped in and stop when I saw a pair shoe that we really know.

“Sungyeol is home?” Woohyun asked.

“But I can’t see him anywhere in this house” Dongwoo said.

I walked near their shared room and open the door.

“Sungyeol,” I said.

Sungyeol looks up. “Ahh, hyung…you’re home already?”

“Are you leaving?” I asked when I saw he was packing his stuff.

He just gave me a nod as a reply. The others come in too.

“Hyung! You already wanna leave?” Sungjong asked him as he squat next to Sungyeol. Sungyeol looks at the maknae and nodded.

“Why so fast Sungyeol? You still have your time.” Hoya said

“I already buy the train ticket to my hometown and it’s today, so I have to go.” Sungyeol answered.

“You planned this right? You told the CEO that you want to leave and when he confirmed it, you buy your ticket to go back to your hometown.” Myungsoo said. The entire members were looking at Sungyeol, waiting for his answer.

“Guys, I…I…”

“What are we, your members, to you Sungyeol?” Myungsoo said and continued “We were nothing to you right?”

Sungyeol stand up.

“You guys are the most important person in my life, you know….”

“Important person you said? If we ARE important to you, why don’t you discuss about this thing with us first? You’re not even saying a word to us, Sungyeol. You just decide by yourself and you left us behind, you know. You search for the CEO first instead of us.” Myungsoo said and his eyes are starting to form the tears.

“It wasn’t like that Myungsoo, I…I…” Sungyeol stuttered as he can’t speak because of the tears that he tried to hold.

“I…..just…don’t want to burden you all” he continued.

“Burden? Lee Sungyeol, remember what we promised when we were about to debut?” Sunggyu hold Sungyeol’s shoulder and makes Sungyeol face him. “We promised that between our members, there’s nothing to be called ‘burden’”

“But still hyung, I am a burden to this group, before, I was the reason that we have a lot of anti fans…”

“Shhhhh. Sungyeol, don’t called yourself a burden okay.” Sunggyu cuts Sungyeol words. Sungyeol looks at the floor and tears start to flow.

“I’m….” Sungyeol stuttered and continued “I’m sorry guys.”

Sunggyu gives him a warm hug and whispered in his ears “its okay, Sungyeol”

After Sunggyu, Sungjong throw Sungyeol into his hug, after that Hoya, Dongwoo, Woohyun. When it comes to Myungsoo, he just stared Sungyeol with the teary eyes of him.

“Mi…mianhae” Sungyeol apologize to Myungsoo.

“Pabo.” Myungsoo said and pulled him into his hug.

Sungyeol chuckled and whispered to Myungsoo

“Our friendship is just too beautiful right?”

“I guess so. Well, we are Myungyeol”.

They released the hug and flashed a warm smile for each other. The Infinite members help Sungyeol to pack up his things. They joked with each other like always, trying to cheer up the situation they are in.

“Finished hyung, anything more?” Sungjong asked as he zipped the bag.

“Umm…nothing more.” Sungyeol shook his head. He throws his gaze at the member,

“I’ll be leaving then,”

“Can’t you stay for one more night?” Woohyun asked.

“I can’t Woohyun-ah…my train is tonight and I just have about…one hour left”

There is a silence lingering for a couple minutes. It’s become tense for a while.

Sungyeol sighed and look at them, “Don’t be like this guys, I’m just leaving, it’s not that I’m died okay?”. He tried to cheer up the member but instead of being cheered they were teary.

Sungyeol went near the leader and hug him tightly,

“Ahhh…our leader, be good to the member okay? Don’t bully them anymore especially the maknae arasso? And also, don’t forget your Ginseng hyung, you already look like a grandpa”

“I am your grandpa, right?”

Sungyeol just chuckled and release the hug. Then he goes to Hoya and does the same, hugging him.

“I say Ho you say Ya. Haha, Hoya, I envied you because you’re too talented in this group, I hope you thinking on sharing the talent with me, haha. Keep your cool dance moved, okay?”

“And you keep you straight face when you pranked people”

Sungyeol release the hug when he saw Dongwoo is crying.

“Dongwoo-hyung, don’ cry… It’s not that we will never meet again.” He hugs Dongwoo with teary eyes. Then he continue “We still can contact each other”

“But still it’s different, Sungyeol. It’s fun when you around…if you go who will be in-charge of Infinite’s height??” said Dongwoo.

“Height is not an important position in being an idol. Besides I don’t do much in Infinite…” Sungyeol said as he releases the hug.

“Hyung…” Sungjong take a step closer to Sungyeol. “Promise us that you will never forget us… even how far you go from us. Promise us that…” he stops talking as he wipes his tears. He can’t continue his word because of the sadness. Woohyun came near him and patted his back. Then Woohyun said “Sungyeol-ah, no matter what everyone said or think, you will always be Infinite’s member and our best friend. All of us here are just like a family…. please remember that we will always wait for you and if you want to return, we will be so happy and grateful to have you back in Infinite…”

Sungyeol was so touched with Woohyun’s words and he hugs him tightly. “Thank you… Woohyun-ah” he whispers to Woohyun.

Then he looks at Myungsoo. Myungsoo was looking at the ceiling, trying to hold his tears from falling down.

“Ya! Myungsoo…you don’t want to hug your buddy? You don’t want to say goodbye to me?” Sungyeol try to cheer him up.

Myungsoo look at him as he wipes his tears. He run toward Sungyeol and hug him tightly. “Of course I want to hug you… You’re my best buddy… But I will never say ‘goodbye’ because I know you will come back again” Myungsoo said without breaking the hug.

“…but Sungyeol-hyung, who will take your part after this??” Sungjong ask Sungyeol.

“Sungjong is right. Who will take his singing part?” Woohyun asked Sunggyu. But Sunggyu just stay silence.

“Guys…don’t you get it… In every song in Infinite album, my parts are just short and simple. In some of the song, I don’t even sing…” Sungyeol said as he looks at every member of Infinite. He continues “I purposely write all the song without my part because I know one day will come when I have to leave Infinite. So… don’t worry about it, okay? I think Sungjong can have my part…” He tries to smile.

Suddenly, there was knock on the door. Sungyeol open it and it was Junhyung.

“Oh, Jun, come in” Sungyeol said.

Infinite member looks at him in confusion.

“He wants to send me to the train station. That’s why he’s here.” Sungyeol explain before the members could ask.

“Umm…I take your bag, okay?” Junhyung asked Sungyeol.

Sungyeol just give him a small nod and he continues to talks to the members.

“I think it’s time for me to go…” he said.

“Awhh…well, let’s do a group hug!” Woohyun said.

They do the group hug and stay like that for a while,

“Infinite! You must climb to the top, okay?” Sungyeol said.

“We can’t promise that. Yeah, since Infinite will be going without you.” Myungsoo utters.

“Ahh…Myung-ah…don’t say it like that, Infinite will be fine! Trust me!” Sungyeol persuade .

While they talked, they also shed their tears.

Along the moment, there’s someone that was eyeing them.

‘Sungyeol-ah…I hope you a right decision. If I were you, I don’t think if I can leave my member.’ Junhyung thought.

They released the hug and all of them seem to wipe the leftover tears.

Sungyeol takes a look at Junhyung and throw his vision back to the member.

“If then, I’ll be going first.” Sungyeol said to the members.

“Err…Junhyung-sunbae, can I follow?” Sunggyu asked.

Sungyeol looks at the leader, “Hyung, it’s no need to fo...”

“Can I, Sunbae?” Sunggyu ignored Sungyeol and looks at Junhyung.

“A…a….Yeah, you can.” Junhyung said, carving a smile.

The Infinite member bid goodbye to Sungyeol except for Sunggyu. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Im soooo soorrrrry for the late update! my house being floaded! :(. okay, back to the story, SUNGYEOL IS LEAVING! T_T...But it's not the end yet! :D 

But.....did you enjoy the story? is it weird or too much? 

Comment and Subscribe! ><