Chapter 19

I'm Not Useless!

 

-A few weeks later, in a Fan meeting-

 

(Blue-Infinite’s member / Red-Fans)

“Annyeonghaseyo, rapper Jang Dongwoo ibnida”

“OPPA!!! SARANGHAE!!!” the fans shout.

“Annyeong, maknae Sungjong ibnida”

“KYAAAAA~~~!!!!”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Infinite’s leaderGyu ibnida.”

“AAAAAA!!!!!”

The fans keep shouting for each of the member, but when it’s Sungyeol’s turn,

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sungyeol ibni…”

 

An emptied bottle was thrown on towards him. Lucky he avoids it. He was quite shock with the antis action. Myunsoo who standing beside him asks him weather he okay or not but Sungyeol just give him a small smile.

 

“I’m sorry” Sungyeol said and bow to the fans. But, right after he stand from his bow, he was hit again by not an empty bottle this time, but a bottle that full of water right on his head.

 

“argh!” he said touching the hit spot. He shut his eyes close as he tries to endure with the pain. He felt really dizzy and its make him walks backward and ends up sitting on the chair that was behind him. Infinite member widen their eyes and walks toward Sungyeol without hesitate. Sunggyu hold his shoulder,

 

“Are you okay?” he asked. Sungyeol doesn’t answer as he was enduring the pain. Sunggyu turn to face the fans,

 

“WHO THROW IT TO HIM HUH??” he shouts, made all the fans shut their mouth up.

 

“WHY BECOME QUIET?? JUST NOW YOU GUYS WERE BUSY CURSING SUNGYEOL AND NOW WHEN I ASK YOU BECOME SILENT??!!” he shouts once again. Infinite was so shocked to see that side of their leader, and also the fans.

 

“Sungyeol is doing NOTHING!” a tomboyish anti-fans dare to talks back to him with an annoying face while chewing her chewing gum. Sunggyu looks at the fans with a death strare.

 

“Ya! Do you know HOW PRECIOUS SUNGYEOL TO US??!!” He said.

 

“THEN, PROVE IT!” She replied him.

 

Sungyeol that was still dizzy walks toward the leader.

 

“hey, stop it. It’s okay, I’m fine” he whispered.

 

Sunggyu doesn’t even bother to think what Sungyeol said, his patience has reached its limit.

 

“YA! You want to know why Sungyeol is precious?? YOU WANT TO KNOW?? BECAUSE HE WAS OUR SONGWRITER! WITHOUT HIM, MAYBE INFINITE ARE NOT HERE RIGHT NOW!” there, he has blurted it all out.

 

Sungyeol widen his eyes as his ear catch what the leader had said.

 

“Ya.. What are you talking about?!” he whispered to the leader again, but this time it was a little bit louder.

 

“It’s not like that. It’s not true. He just lying. Trust me, I’m doing nothing. Seriously..”

 

Sungyeol said, denied what Sunggyu had told the fans.

 

The leader furrowed his eyebrows with Sungyeol words.

 

“Until when you want to keep it as secret Sungyeol? Until when?” he hold Sungyeol’s shoulder.

 

“Hyung, what are you saying? Wh..what secret are you talking about?” he said and continued,

 

“Fans, this is not true, totally not, trust me” he said tremblingly as he was feeling scared that the fans believe what had Sunggyu blurted out just now.

 

“What going on, Sunggyu hyung?? Songwriter? Sungyeol??” asked the other members.

 

 Without thinking twice, Sungyeol stepped down from the stage and go to the backstage.

 

The other members follow him afterward.

 

“Hyung, is what you said just now is true?” Myunsoo asked Sunggyu on their way to the waiting room where Sungyeol headed.

 

“Of course. You think I want to play with that? I wanna make a joke?”

 

“But how come we don’t know about this” Sungjong asked, confused.

 

“That’s what he was hiding from us and I don’t know what the f*** reasons he really want to keep this as secret. If this is revealed, don’t you think that his anti-fans would never called him useless!”

 

They enter the waiting room and saw Sungyeol sigh loudly and run his finger through his hair in frustrated. He grabbed his phone and try to call his mom to explain but she doesn’t even pick up. Sungyeol throw a death glared to Sunggyu and go near him and grabbed his collar.

 

“YAH! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING HUH?!” Sungyeol shout in front of the leader’s face.

 

The members were shocked with his sudden attack. Woohyun and Dongwoo get a hold of Sungyeol, before things become worse.

 

“What? I think you should thank me for what I’m doing. It gives you benefit!” Sunggyu glared at Sungyeol.

 

“Thank you?! It gives me benefit?! YA! DON’T TELL A STORY ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW THE TRUTH!! YOU KNOW?? YOU’RE KILLING ME RIGHT NOW KIM SUNGGYU!!” Sungyeol struggle to make himself escape from Woohyun and Dongwoo.  “YA LET ME GO!” he shouts.

 

Out of the sudden, their manager enters the room.

 

“Ya! Stop fighting. If you want to fight, fight at your dorm. Don’t fight here. Don’t you know this is a place full of reporters right now?!” he sigh, also getting mad with the kids. Then he continued “let’s go back to the dorm”.

 

“But, how about the fan meeting?” Hoya asked.

 

“It’s was canceled because of this.” He glared at Sungyeol and Sunggyu then continued “Satisfied?! Huh?”

 

All of them shut up, don’t dare to talk back to their angry manager. He sighed once again and get out of the room.

 

Sungyeol make himself escaped from those two and glared at Sunggyu. “You happy now?!” he said with his teeth clenched. He takes his things and get out of the room. The other members look at their leader,

 

“Let’s go kids, before the manager become angrier.” Sunggyu said, the others just obey his order.

 

Their way back to the dorm just filled with silence. No one dare to talk. Sungyeol just throw his vision to the window, Sunggyu on his own thought, while the other members just stay silence and sometime steal glance at the two of them.

 

As they reached their dorm, manager hyung just left them there to settle their own problem. They enter the dorm and Sunggyu asked all of them to sit at the living room.

 

The others just obey his order as they know he want to resolve the problem. Yeah, he’s the leader.

 

“First of all, I want to say sorry, because of me, our fan meeting is canceled. And….I wants to ask for your forgiveness Sungyeol. Yeah, I admit, maybe I’m wrong, but I just can’t accept  the way the antis replied to you for what you had been worked hard for all this time. That’s not fair for you. I just want to be a real leader that can protect s. But, maybe my way is wrong.” He inhaled and continued “I’m sorry Sungyeol, forgive me please?” he look down as he was teary and don’t want to see that.

 

Sungyeol looks at the leader. He felt pity for him. He sighed and said “It’s not all your fault actually. It’s my fault too, because I don’t tell you about this. Don’t feel sorry, I think, if I was you, maybe I’m doing the same to protect my member. Yeah, you doing that because you don’t know the reason and it are my fault for not telling you. And also, I’m sorry too for yelling at you just now.”

 

The leader goes near him and gives him a hug.

 

“Thanks Sungyeol” he whispered.

 

“No problem man” Sungyeol smiled.

 

The other members sighed in relief.

Sungyeol released the hug and ask Sunggyu, "But how did you find out about it hyung?"

"Ouh...about that..." Sunggyu hesitate and told us how he fing out about it. 

 

“So you’re saying that you’re Longman??” asked Dongwoo.

“Sorry guys because I don’t tell you that. Yeah, I'm the Longman.” Sungyeol apologized.

“That mean you’re the one who wrote our song” said Sungjong.

Sungyeol just nodded. Then suddenly his phone ringing.


Sungyeol’s POV

 

When I take out my phone I saw Junhyung’s number appear.

I quickly answer it.

Sungyeol : Yobeseyo..

Junhyung : Sungyeol-ah, you’re at your dorm right?

Sungyeol : Yes…Why you ask that?

 

I walks into his room to have a private talk with Junhyung.

 

Junhyung : I’ll go to your dorm, okay…

Sungyeol : But why?? My members are here so…

Junhyung : This is urgent okay! I’ll be there in 15 minute…

Sungyeol : Junhy…*Junhyung end the call* …hello?...Junhyung?...Aish!

 

 Why with him? Why he want to come here? My members are here right now. I let out a sigh and get out of the room and went back to my members. They’re watching the television

 

“Who’s calling? Sunjong asked as he saw I’m coming.

 

“No one, just my friend.”

 

 

They just give a small nodded as a reply and throw their vision back to the television. Out of the blue, the incident that happen in our fan meeting just now appears on the TV.

 

Daily news. Infinite Kim Sunggyu reveals that , Lee Sungyeol is actually a songwriter. He announced about this in their fan meeting in Gangnam when the anti-fans throwing a bottle of water straight to Sungyeol head……”

 

‘Ding dong, Ding dong’ the bells rang in the dorm. Knowing that it must be Junhyung I quickly stand up and opened the door before the other members did it. As soon as I opened it, Junhyung come in with another person with him. I froze on my feet as soon as I saw..

 

“Omma..”