Chapter 29

I'm Not Useless!

 

“CEO, why are you here?” I asked. Curious were truly draw on my face.

He smiled at me, “Asks your mother than.”

I blinked for several times as I think of the possibility of mum bringing CEO come over. Nothing logic came cross my mind. I make a way to my room and saw my mum was packing my clothes.

“Mum? What are you doing?” I stopped her.

“Sungyeol-ah, I think it’s time to let you have your own life”

My brows furrowed. What is it that she was trying to say?

“What? I don’t understand. Are you trying to kick me out??” I utter.

“You can lead your own life Sungyeol-ah. I give you my permission to go back to Infinite or do anything you want.”

Her words made me totally froze on my spot. Did I hear right? Isn’t this just dream? If it’s a dream, let me wake up.

She continued to pack my belongings, and then I stopped her, again.

“Mum, you don’t have to do this. I’m happy enough to have a life with you. You don’t have to force yourself just because of this. I know you hate me being an idol”

“Sungyeol, now I want you to listen to me. I have come up with this decision. I will let you to lead your own life. If you want to go back to Infinite, I’m okay with it. Plus, do you want to work as a waiter for the rest of your life? Not right. So, let just do it like usual, you follow my instruction. Okay Sungyeol?” She continued what she was doing.

I just let my eyes on her. Tears slipped from my eyes. Is this really my mum? I seems like I can’t even believe this.

 

Then, I go closer to her and pull her into my embrace.

“T..tha..thanks m..mum” I said between my sobs.

She patted my back. “Just do what you like from now on okay?” she said and release the hug.

Zipping my bag and hand it to me,

“You want me to leave tonight?”

“If not, why did I come with your CEO?”

Then I remembered, she came home with CEO.

We went to the living room and saw CEO was sitting on the sofa, waiting for me. He stands up as he saw me,

“You ready Sungyeol?”

I throw my gaze at my mum again and she gives me a nod. I looked at CEO again “Dae,”

(…)

I hugged and give her a kiss on the cheek for the last time before I go with CEO. We bid goodbye and I let myself entered the CEO car. I wave at my mother until she disappeared from my sight.

Thinking back that I will join Infinite back make my mood brighten up.

“Eyy,, you know, your smile has reached your ears Sungyeol” CEO said.

“Ahahaha…. Of course, who wouldn’t be happy? By the way, if I can ask, how did mum manage to meet you?”

“She comes to the company.”

“What? Don’t talk about something nonsense CEO.”

“I am not talking nonsense. She did come to the company. We met in my room.”

“Did Infinite know about this?”

“They have no idea about this. They were in Japan now”

“ooo..”

There’s silent between us. But it’s not an awkward silent.

“But, Sungyeol-ah..”

“umm?”

“I don’t think I can make you back to Infinite.”

My smile vanished. What did he just say?

“uh? Wae..Waeyo?”

“It will occur more problems. Most of them are, to deal with fans and mostly reporters and media.”

“Then, what the reasons you brought me back to the company?”

“After giving it a mind, I think to make you debut back, but solo”

“WHAT? So..solo? Do you think it made sense. No, Not at all! I don’t have voice like Sunggyu or other members. I…”

“Sungyeol your voice is not that bad, okay? Plus, you can write your own song, it will make things go easier.”

“But still CEO..”

“You don’t have to tell me! I know what I’m doing Sungyeol.”

Huh? Now, eotokkhaji?

 

A few days later

“Sungyeol!!!!” Infinite ran to me and hugged me tightly.

“I…I..CAN….CAN’T ..BREATH!!” I shout.

They laughed and released the hug.

“WELCOME BACK MAN!” Dongwoo was welcoming me.

“Yeah, welcome back to Infinite, Hyung!!” Sungjong said.

I just let out awkward laugh. Back to Infinite? Of course not, CEO confirmed me

 that I will debut solo. But these guys know nothing and I do think that they were expecting me to be back in this group.

“Let’s got some beer and celebrate Sungyeol today!” Woohyun said.

“Wait, wait. Don’t we have to meet the CEO first? Shouldn’t we thank him for bringing our tallest member back?” Myungsoo suggested.

“Yeah! You’re right! let’s go!” Sunggyu  said.

(…)

“Sungyeol are not going to be in Infinite” CEO replied them.

“WHAT? CEO, so, what the motives you bring this guy back if wasn’t going let him to join back this group?” Myungsoo raised his voice.

“To make him make his debut”

“In our group?”

“Nope, solo.”

They widen their eyes. “WHAT?”

They throw their vision towards me “This is not true, right Sungyeol? You’re not going to debut solo, but in our group right?” Hoya asks.

I can’t give them an answer.

“So, it no use to be happy on the first place when we saw you then.” Myungsoo said, stands up and leave the room, so do the other members.

I closed my eyes as I tried to accept this. I look at the CEO,

“Did I really have to debut on my own?”

He just gives me a nod as an answer.

Few days later

Songs for my debut already finished. Just the lyrics were finished, but recording not yet.  Yes, I write the lyrics on my own.

To tell you, Infinite don’t want to talk to me, I know they were disappointed with this. But what can I do, if the CEO said so.

As I on my own thoughts, my phone rang. It’s was Junhyung.

Sungyeol : Yo, bro! Long time no see.

Junhyung : Yo! Haha…yeah, hey I heard you will debut. Really? When?

Sungyeol : yes…but..

Junhyung : But what?

Sungyeol : I can’t tell you about this on the phone. Are you busy? Can we meet?

Junhyung : I’m on my way to music bank right now. Can we meet tonight?

Sungyeol : Ouh, kay… no problem, at usual right?

Junhyung : Yes. So, I got to go, see you tonight.

We ended the call and I back to my dorm to get ready for tonight.

(For a while, he stays with the other trainees’ dorm)

(…)

I entered the café and find a spot on the right, just beside the glass wall.

Minutes later, Junhyung came in and take a sit in front of me. After the order has been taken, I told him about my debut.

“So, you’re going to debut solo?”

“Yes. Just like what you hear.”

“And the members were not talking with you? Because they’re disappointed with you, like that?”

I just nod my head several times.

“Let me tell you something, I don’t know if you already know about this.” Junhyung said

“About what?”

“Your mum.”

“Mum? Why with her?”

“Actually she called me several times before she met the CEO, she asked for my opinion about this and we do meet outside often.”

“Really? It sound like you both are couple.”

“Aish,you! Back to the story, actually I persuade her telling that how about your future and so on,”

“Ouh..really Jun?”

“Seems like you don’t know about this?”

“I don’t have the idea about this.”

As we were talking, I hear a familiar voice was talking to me

“Discussed about your problem to your BEST friend and not with us, that’s how you want to solve this problem?” I looked up and it was Myungsoo.

“When did you come here?”  I asked.

“Is that important?” he looks like he was pissed with me. Then, he made his way out of the café and I don’t have the chance to stop him. I sit back on my chair,

“Why did things become more complicated!” I shout a little as I run my hand through my hair.

Junhyung look at me, “Be patient, Sungyeol..”

(…)

It was the recording day. And I already am recording the same line for thousand times. But the producer asks me to do it again and again. I think I will lose my voice if this continues.

“Again.” The producer said.

“Hyung, I have put all my efforts and I do the best.”

“It doesn’t sound right. Do it again.”

“You already ask me to do it for thousand of time.”

“It because it still doesn’t sound right. Again”

I stare at him,

“Why are you giving me that look huh? Go in there (recording room), we record again.”

“I am not going to do this anymore!” I throw the lyrics on the table and leave the room.

‘Why things went so hard on me? Wae??’

I went to the toilet and wash my face. As I close the tap, my phone rang. It’s Junhyung.

Sungyeol : Yes…

Junhyung : let’s meet.

Sungyeol : For wha….

*tut….tut..*

He ended the call.

“ARGH! That bast..aish!”

With the heart that was on fire, I get out of the company.

As I stepped out, I look at my left and right, ‘Where did he want to meet me?’

Argh! It’s makes my mood totally ruined. I sighed and start to walk off but someone fetch me from behind and cupped my mouth with handkerchief and dragged me entered a

van. Black van. That the last thing I know, before I passed out.

 

“Argh,” I hissed as my head was totally hurt. Slowly, I opened my eyes. It was hard to recognize the place that I’m in since it was dark. Totally dark.

The first thing I felt, I was tied on a chair.

“Where am I?” I asked myself.

“Somewhere on earth” a husky voice answered me.

I looked at where the voice came from. Suddenly the lights turn on.

‘Argh, it hurts my eyes.’

I try to reopen my eyes once again, and the next thing I know, I was surrounded with people in black suit. They were all holding pistols and their face were covered. And one of them was on my left, holding gun pointing at my head.

‘what is all this?’ I asked myself.

I was totally nervous that I can’t even think straight.

“Lee Sungyeol” one of them approached me.

“Who…who are you?”

“You don’t need to know about us. All we need from you is your signature. Can you do that?”

“Signature? Why did you need that?”

He ignored what I am saying and walked closer. Untidy my hand, he handed me a pen and paper.

I give him a stare. I can’t even tell who is him, cause I can’t see his face.

“Ppali!!” force the one that pointing the gun at my head

“Don’t worry, we will let you go after you signed that.” Said the other one.

Tremblingly, I signed the paper that I don’t even know the content.

“Good? Should I praise you?” he said and fetches the paper from me.

“Guys, get ready with your guns” he said to gang.

They hold up their pistols, shooting at me.

I was shocked. Is he trolling me? Just now he said he will let go of me but now what?

“Last wish?” he asked

Nervous fill my mind makes me lost my word.

“Seems like you don’t have one. So, should we just….end your sweet life?”

“But…”

“Ppang!” one of them released a shoot randomly. I was totally filled with sweat.

“No more words from you. Your time over.” He said. “Guys, let’s finished it now” he continued.

I don’t know why, but I shut my eyes close. Maybe I’m scared. But, am I going to let my life end like this? Shouldn’t I try to fight back? Why I just let them end it? Maybe, it was fated.

“Ready?”

I’m sorry. Whoever I have hurt, I’m sorry that I can’t apologize to you. Especially, Infinite.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo! hehe..hi! Updated. hehe, this is the longer one :D.

but sadly to announce that the next chapter will be the last. :(

by the way, do comment and subscribe :)