Chapter 9~Surprise

A Rapper's Rhyme And Rhythm

~So I really wanna know something.... Are you guys siding with JunHyung or JongHyun?? ;D please comment!! Haha I wanna know what everyone thinks ^^

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

GyuRi had never imagined that this would happen. When JongHyun texted her, she thought it was so that he could talk to her about a surprise for you. GyuRi got a surprise alright, but definitely not what she was expecting. JongHyun was kissing her. And it wasn't a light kiss either. It was like he was looking for an answer. And against GyuRi's better judgement she gave him one, because as soon JongHyun realized she wasn't going to push him away, the kiss intensified. How can I do this to ____? The thought invaded GyuRi's mind, and that's when the tears started. JongHyun pulled back. "I can't do this to ____." she sobbed. "Neither can you! WE can't do this to her..." she said, suddenly feeling defeated. "I just... I don't know why, but for the past few days, whenever I was around you, I felt different. I wanted to see if what I thought was true," JongHyun explained. He cupped GyuRi's face with his hands, "And I just got my answer," he whispered. "And I'm happy," he said. "I hate myself for it, but I am." "Me too..." she replied with a sad smile. JongHyun responded by placing his lips lighty on hers, filling her with longing. But she pushed it back, "What are we going to do?" GyuRi was at a loss. You were her best friend, and she really didn't wanna lose you, but she couldn't think of anything that would ever make this sound okay, or like it was just a mistake. "I'm not exactly sure, but I suppose telling her the truth is the best thing to do. I'll figure out a way to tell her GyuRi." JongHyun reassured her. "Let me walk you home," he insisted. GyuRi nodded her head and they started on their way.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

You arrived at home and the first thing you did was throw yourself face-first onto your bed. You had been unable to find JongHyun after 6th period, so now you were getting really worried. You reluctantly sat up and retrieved your phone from your bag. I didn't see you today. Did you stay home sick? You anxiously waited for a response. I went home after 2nd period, so I didn't have any time to see you. Sorry for making you worry, you read. Thank goodness he's ok, you thought before typing, I'm just glad you went home. I don't want you getting any worse. Your phone buzzed with his answer. Thanks. I'm starting to feel better already, so I'll be back tomorrow, but I have to retake a test during lunch, so do you wanna meet me by the gates after school? No hurry, what I have to tell you would be better without a lot of people around anyway. Does he have something for me?! you thought, now filled with longing and excitement for tomorrow. You happily ended the conversation with, Of course! Can't wait ^^

After your conversation with JongHyun, you were left with the thoughts of the day spinning around in your head. One in particular. You hadn't even given a second thought to JunHyung's apology in music after you left the classroom. It just wasn't important at the time. However, right now, it was the only thing you could think about. Why would he have done that? you asked yourself. You thought he hated you. Whatever, he's probably just being a typical jerk, and I'm not gonna forgive anyone that easily, you thought defiantly. Still... He's just really... strange...

You finished your homework early and still had some time before the sun went down, so you decided to go treat yourself to more boba. Sure it was your second trip there in two days, but today had been really hard and you thought you deserved it. Finally tired with the way you looked from all the crying today, you walked into the bathroom and made a big effort to make your eyes look amazing, because you didn't want anyone to be able to tell that you had looked horrible all day. As soon as you were satisfied, you moved onto your hair. It was kind of wavy today, so you settled on pulling it into loose side ponytail. You stepped back and made sure everything looked fine. You were honestly a little shocked at your appearance. You're eyes looked even darker than normal due to the black eyeliner, but they were highlighted by the silver you had put underneath. It gives them some depth... you thought absently. Everything seemed to fit together perfectly and you for sure looked better than you had earlier today. You also felt a lot better, so you grabbed your purse and started down the street to your favorite boba café.

As soon as you arrived you felt something... not right. You looked to your left and saw the problem. JunHyung was here. In YOUR café. Just ignore him you told yourself. You walked up to the counter and ordered your regular strawberry boba. You planned on leaving as soon as you had your drink in your hands, but you turned around and JunHyung was standing right behind you. Well there was no leaving smoothly now. You obviously had no desire to talk to him, so you didn't see the need to smile at him. You simply stared at him and waited for him to speak first. "Hey, you look a lot better now," he started off. "So are you saying I looked bad before?" you snapped. "No! No, that's not what I was getting at. I was just gonna say that-" "Seriously, if you're just gonna keep being a jerk, why did you even apologize before? Oh wait, I know, it's because you're fake. Maybe you should take your own advice and just stay away from me," you exploded. You thought your mood had improved, but seeing him only made everything worse. You stomped out of the café, leaving a stunned looking JunHyung behind you. He really just needs to leave me alone. You took a deep breath, trying to forget him and you thought about tomorrow. It'll be a better day tomorrow, you thought.
I get to see JongHyun. He'll make everything better...

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

~I really wanted to write more guys, but I just almost got my computer taken away, so I'd rather write short updates than none at all. I hope you all like it! Please comment ^^