Chapter 6~Doubt

A Rapper's Rhyme And Rhythm

So.... Drama... Coming this chapter? Maybe next? I don't knowwww ;D

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

JongHyun was confused. He hadn't had that much fun in a long time. And it wasn't because of you. It was all GyuRi. Distractedly, he unlocked the door, kicked off his shoes, and set down his bag. It was only 5:30, so he had a ton of time to do homework, but he had a feeling that most of it wasn't it going to get done. He went to the kitchen to get a drink of water, dragging his feet the whole way. He leaned up against the counter and looked up at the ceiling. What's going on? he wondered. I was so sure I only had feelings just for her... He thought to himself, thinking about you. He let his thoughts overcome him as he went to his room. Suddenly exhausted, he threw himself on his bed, determined to sleep all this off. He was nearly out when he felt his pocket buzz. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, wondering who it could be. Got home about five minutes ago ^^ I hope you're home safe too! it read. "Ah!" JongHyun exclaimed, burrowing his face even farther into the pillows out of frustration. "How could I have forgotten about ___?" he scolded himself out loud. Something's seriously wrong with me... I'm glad you're home safe, baby. I'm still sorry I couldn't have walked with you." JongHyun replied. His phone buzzed again. Thanks ^^ Seriously! Don't worry about it! I still had fun today, what about you? JongHyun honestly felt a little guilty texting you about today, but his reply was, Of course! Always when I'm around you. We should do that more often. I'm actually really tired now, though, but I don't know why. I hope I'm not getting sick... So I'm gonna go to bed early tonight. I'll see you tomorrow? Goodnight, ____. He stayed awake for your reply. It came a couple minutes later with, Oh no! I hope you feel better! Goodnight, JongHyun ^^ JongHyun had enough time after reading your text message to feel guilty a little bit more before sleep overcame him.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Not once had JongHyun ever stopped texting you that fast. You two could usually carry on conversations for hours, so you were seriously worried about him. I really hope he's ok... I mean, he seemed fine earlier today... Maybe it's just school... you worried. You were finding it impossibly difficult to focus on your homework, so you decided to just relive everything that had happened today starting with JunHyung. You still had no idea why he told you to stay away from him. You really hadn't been around him... But you really didn't want to make him angry -you weren't that type of person- so you just let it go. It's not my fault we're in the same class... If he won't tell me what his problem is, he has no right to tell me what to do... Whatever... After thinking back on the bad parts of the day, you decided to focus on the good. The time you spent with JongHyun and GyuRi was really great and brought your spirits up. But now that you were looking back on it, GyuRi seemed kind of weird... She didn't talk as much as usual today and she seemed really awkward... You wondered if there was something else going on. You didn't think a bad test grade would cause someone to act like this. You decided to text her. You were about to pull out your cell phone when your stomach decided to tell you it was time to eat. "I suppose I can text her later..." you said out loud. Your stomach growled in agreement. You got up and walked to the kitchen to get some food. When you opened the fridge, you realized you hadn't gone to the grocery store in a while. "Oops! I'll have to get on that soon!" you made a mental note to yourself. Because you weren't gonna magically find anything to eat here, you grabbed your keys and your purse and decided to go get your favorite food: Tteokbokki. You hadn't had Tteokbokki in a pretty long time, so you were really excited.

You arrived at the restaurant, found a table, and ordered your food. You remembered that you were going to text GyuRi, so you took out your phone while waiting for your food. Hey, GyuRi! Did you have fun today? ^^ You sat sipping your water, waiting for a reply. You're phone buzzed in your hand, Yeah! It was probably the most fun I've had in a while! A little confused, you texted back, Oh, ok. You waited. Why? What's wrong? What's wrong with me?!? you thought before saying, Well, it just seemed like you were a little... off today at the café. So I was just wondering if everything was ok. At that time, the waiter brought you your food and you thanked him before picking up your spoon and digging in. Wah! It's so good! You thought giddily to yourself. Just then, you heard the door open and you glanced up to see who it was. And you almost choked on what you had just out in your mouth.

JunHyung and his friend Zico had just walked in. The boy who had pretty much threatened you earlier today was here, in the same restaurant as you. You seriously debated on leaving, but then you realized you had just as much a right to be here as he did, so you stayed right where you were. Besides, I was here first you determinedly thought. You were about to take another bite of your Tteokbokki when you saw JunHyung start to approach you. His friend was tagging behind and seemed to be begging him about something. You tried to put the best smile you could muster on your face, hoping it looked somewhat genuine. "Hey, ____" he greeted you while taking a seat across directly across from you. "Hi," you replied, your eyes quickly flickering up to look at Zico. "Oh, sorry, this is my best friend Zico. You know eachother right?" You really didn't know anything about him other than his name, but you just nodded your head anyway. I'd really like to know what exactly is going on... you thought impatiently. It was almost like he read your mind because immediately after, he asked, "So, what are you doing here?" "Ummm, eating? I thought that was kind of obvious..." you sort of mumbled the last part. "I thought I told you to stay away from me, yet here you are in the same restaurant." You were becoming quite irritated, so you responded, "Oh, so, what? I'm supposed to memorize a list of all the places I can't go because you'll be there? Give me a break. You know, I have a life too and I'm not gonna let you ruin it because you have some unknown, random problem with me, ok? I think you can leave now because I'd kind of like to get back to enjoying my meal. Thanks." JunHyung looked kind of shocked. Perfect. He deserves it. He got up out of his chair and turned to face the opposite direction. You were surprised to see that he didn't just leave the table, but he left the entire restaurant. Feeling accomplished, you took your eyes off the door and realized that Zico was still standing there. "I'm really sorry about that," he appologized. "He's usually not like this, but I don't know what's gotten into him these days. I really am sorry, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your night." You bowed your head in gratitude and said, "It's ok. It's not your fault. You enjoy your night as well." You smiled at him as he walked away to catch up with his friend. I like that kid... you thought as you began to enjoy the rest of your meal.

After you had finished your food, you thought it would be a good idea to take a walk. You decided to walk to a park just a short distance from your apartment. You walked a few times around it's perimeter, admiring all the pretty flowers in bloom. As soon as the sun started to go down, you found a bench to sit on and watched as the last rays of it slipped below the horizon. Suddenly, you remembered that you had been texting GyuRi. In all your anger earlier, you had forgotten, but now realized that she had almost certainly sent you a reply. You quickly grabbed your phone out of your purse and checked the screen. You opened the message that was there and read, ____, it's nothing. Really. I promise! ^^ I'm completely fine! After reading this, you still had your doubts, but you decided to just trust your friend and let it go. She wouldn't keep anything from me. She would definitely tell me if something was wrong... Wouldn't she...?

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Will chapter 7 bring more insight on JunHyung? Or more drama with GyuRi and JongHyun? I guess you'll just have to read and find out! ^o^ Please comment, thanks! ^^