Chapter 17~Falling

A Rapper's Rhyme And Rhythm

~I'm really excited to write this chapter! From here on, I get to reveal more of JunHyung's character, so I hope you all look forward to it and enjoy! ^o^

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

JunHyung had been walking to the music room after 4th period, as was his usual routine, when he turned the corner and saw you running, tears in your eyes, the opposite way down the hall.  What the... he didn't even have time to finish his thought before he turned to his right and immediately saw the problem. JunHyung angrily made his way over to JongHyun and GyuRi. He was already tired of those two being the reason behind your tears. And to display their affection for each other like that at school where they knew you might see... It was absolutely unacceptable in JunHyung's eyes. "What kind of game do you think you're playing?" he asked once he was standing in front of them. They both seemed extremely shocked, so he kept talking. "Do you think it's fun to play with ____'s feelings like this? You two make me sick. Just get out." "But-" JongHyun and GyuRi started at the same time. "Leave." JunHyung interrupted them forcefully. Obviously, they didn't want to stick around now that they knew JunHyung was angry, so they did as he told them to and walked away with shocked expressions on their faces, confused about what had just happened. JunHyung glared at them as they left. He still just could not believe they would do that to you. As soon as both of them were out of his sight, JunHyung started running down the hall to find you.

JunHyung figured the most probable place you ran to was the bathroom. Girls always go there when they want to be alone, right? he asked himself. He rounded the corner and continued towards the bathroom. JunHyung was glad he knew that nobody was ever upstairs during lunch, because without thinking about anything but you, JunHyung pushed open the bathroom door and stumbled in. He was shocked by what he saw. You were on the ground leaning up against one of the stalls, your head dropped down to your chest, passed out. Your face was wet with tears and your makeup smeared. She looks absolutely exhausted... She's going to get sick if she keeps this up... he thought worriedly as he covered the distance between the two of you and knelt down beside you. He lifted your head up with his hands and  your face with his thumbs, wiping off the tears. JunHyung knew he shouldn't do this, but he just couldn't help himself given the state you were in. He leaned in and placed a light kiss on your forehead. Then, because he knew he couldn't just leave you in the bathroom, he attempted to wake you up. He gently shook your shoulders and called your name. You started to move a bit under his hands and then your eyelids slowly fluttered open.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

You could hear someone calling your name. The voice sounded familiar, but you couldn't place it, so you finally opened you eyes to figure out who it was and you were shocked to see JunHyung directly in front of you. He was about six inches from your face so you could see every little feature of him; where his hair brushed his forehead, his faint smile lines, and his eyes. You suddenly found his eyes fascinating. They were different from anyone else's eyes you had ever seen before and they were captivating. They had... feeling and depth that you felt you could just get lost in if you looked long enough. His eyes alone tell so much about him... Maybe I was wrong about this boy this entire time... You were snapped out of your reverie by JunHyung waving his hand in front of your face and saying, "____? Hello?" It was then that you realized you had been staring at him this entire time and you were extremely surprised to feel yourself blushing. No, definitely not. This is NOT happening. you told yourself. JunHyung finally backed up a bit when he realized you were coherent and you could finally compose yourself enough to ask, "Why are you in here? I specifically remember this being the girls bathroom." "Well, I was on my way to the music room when I saw you book it down the hallway crying because of those two, so I decided to follow you and make sure you were okay. It's a good thing nobody comes upstairs for lunch, huh? Otherwise I might be in big trouble..." JunHyung replied, trying to lighten up the conversation with the last part. "Why would you wanna help me? And I didn't even need help in the first place." you said defiantly, trying to keep up with your tough, prideful act. However, you had to admit, it was hard to keep up when he was only a foot in front of you. Why do I keep thinking like this?! Stop it!! you scolded yourself. You were becoming tired of sitting on the hard floor, so you pushed yourself up to stand on your feet. It was like the world was all out of focus and you struggled to keep your balance until you felt a pair of hands steady you from behind. "You were saying?" JunHyung teased, referring to your earlier statement about not needing help. "Ok, you win. I'm fine now though, so you can let go of me." He did so, but as soon as you went to take a step, the world spun again. This headache was absolutely horrible. Once again, you felt JunHyung's hands steady you and before you could protest, he grabbed your arm and layed it over his shoulders and wrapped his arm around your your waist. You started a bit at his surprisingly gentle touch. Then you realized what you were thinking, shook your head, and tried to pull away. This only caused JunHyung to hold you tighter. "There's no way you're getting all the way to the nurse by yourself," he told you. You pouted a bit before he led you out of the bathroom and down the hall towards the stairs.

Both of you were quiet as you walked and you weren't sure why, but you remembered something JunHyung had said in the bathroom. You turned your face up to the side so you could look at him and said, "You said 'because of those two.' You knew the reason I was crying and upset... It was you, wasn't it? You're the one who took me to the hospital after I passed out." You knew you were right because JunHyung was completely quiet. "Yeah... It was me," he finally broke the silence. "I knew it was because of JongHyun and GyuRi that you were crying today because I saw them kissing after school the day before you fainted. And then I saw them again as you were running away today..." JunHyung explained. You had figured it had been him, but it was still a bit shocking to hear it directly from JunHyung himself. And for him to know the reason behind your tears as well made you feel exposed. At least it's only him and no one else... you reasoned. "Nobody else knows, right?" you asked him. "I... I might have told Zico..." he replied hesitantly. However, this fact didn't really anger you. Despite the fact that you had only met Zico once, you respected him and he seemed like someone you could trust, so you responded to JunHyung by nodding your head, "Ok." The two of you were silent the rest of the way to the nurse and JunHyung never slackened his grip on you once. He even helped you onto one of the uncomfortable beds they kept there and waited with you until the nurse brought you medication. The bell rang then and JunHyung had to leave. Before he walked away, you mumbled, "Thanks..." He only smiled and nodded his head and then he went on his way.

As soon as he turned away, you fell back on the bed and just layed there. You weren't extremely fond of the nurse, but who was? So you were only planning on staying there long enough for the medication to kick in and you felt well enough to walk home. As you layed there, you couldn't help but think about JunHyung.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

As JunHyung was leaving, he heard you lay down. He knew you thought he wasn't looking, so he took this as an opportunity to steal one last glance at you before he left the room. He turned his head back to see that you had your eyes closed and you actually looked somewhat peaceful. JunHyung was happy that he had been able to do this for you. He was smiling as he left to go to 5th period.
I just want her to be happy. If she's happy, I'm happy. That's enough for me.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

~I loved writing this chapter!! I hope you liked it as much as I did! Look forward to what's coming! ^o^