Chapter 13~Broken

A Rapper's Rhyme And Rhythm

You woke up the next morning extremely confused to the sound of a door opening and footsteps coming towards you. You opened your eyes to find yourself in a hospital bed with a nurse standing next to the table by your head. "It's about time you woke up," she said to you. "How long have I been asleep?" you wondered. "Since about 3:30 yesterday," replied the nurse. "And what time is it now?" "Right now, it's 9:00." You sat up, surprised. 17 and a half hours? What's wrong with me? "Why am I even here?" you asked, gesturing to your surroundings. "Yesterday at about 4:00, a very sweet, concerned young man brought you in here saying you had passed out in front of your school. I don't know what his name was. We didn't question him because he was soaking wet and seemed so worried and exhausted," she explained.  Who would have brought me here in the pouring rain? you wondered. Not JongHyun... He wouldn't have seen me... you thought sadly. "So, when can I go home?" you asked. "My guess would be pretty soon. You were just exhausted and the coldness from the rain caused you to come down with a fever, but you're fine to go today. Let me just talk to the doctor and see what he says." And with that, she left you with your thoughts.

You tried to remember what exactly happened yesterday after school, but you couldn't seem to recall any big details. The only things that kept coming back to you were little pricks of emptiness and betrayal. And then it all came back. JongHyun was gone. It felt like some unknown force was clenching your heart and you couldn't breathe. You did your best to calm yourself down, and you continued to painfully work your way through your memories. You couldn't really remember anything beyond JongHyun leaving, so you figured that must have been when you fainted. You were just about to give up trying to remember anything else when you suddenly recalled feeling something strong and warm on your hand while you were somewhere in between your dreams and reality. And the thing was, you never recall that sensation leaving you once, that entire time you were out of it. It was always there. Did JongHyun come back for me once he found out where I was? you wondered, hopeful. No... He wouldn't have done that. He left me... for my best friend. you told yourself bitterly. Now that you knew it hadn't been JongHyun, you were pretty much forcing your brain to remember what the source of that warmth had been. And that's when it hit you. There was a point when you got extremely hot last night and it was so bad that it forced you awake. In that few seconds you opened your eyes, you had looked over and seen JunHyung's face. "JunHyung?" you said aloud, tilting your head to the side, somewhat confused. "Why would he have been here?" you wondered to yourself. "Ha! I must be really going crazy... That fever must have been bad to cause me to hallucinate HIM," you laughed.

While you were pretty much physically fighting with yourself to try to think of who it could have been, a doctor walked in the room. The nurse you had met earlier was following behind. "Well _____, you're free to go whenever you like. I doubt you want to stay in this room any longer, though," he said with a chuckle. That's great... So whoever brought me here was thoughtful enough to tell them MY name, but of course he couldn't have told them HIS name. you thought frustratedly before saying, "Thank you," and bowed your head at the doctor. The two of them left your room and you gathered your things together. Whoever it was that brought you here remembered to bring your school bag as well. "I still think he should have left a name..." you mumbled to yourself. No matter what bad thoughts you had about him though, you couldn't help but feel grateful for what he had done. I could be really sick right now or still in front of the school if it wasn't for him... you silently thanked whoever did this for you. You headed home, not worrying about going to school. Besides, you didn't think you could handle seeing JongHyun. JongHyun. Once again, that name caused you a great amount of pain. You finally had to stop walking because you felt you might just break into a thousand tiny pieces if you moved another inch. You felt like a glass vase teetering on the edge of a tall shelf that, once it was given that final push, would tumble through the air and shatter, never able to be put back together again.

As soon as you felt like you weren't gonna shatter completely, you continued the walk home. By the time your apartment was in sight, you had tears streaming down your face and you just wanted to be alone. You rushed to your door, unlocked it and stepped inside. You threw yourself onto the couch and started sobbing. Why me? you wondered. You had been through so much in less than 24 hours, and you just wanted it all to end. On your way home, the only way to keep yourself from breaking was to let the tears fall. So you did. Except, that caused a lot of weird looks and whispers to be directed towards you, causing your tears to fall even harder. And now you thought out loud, "They don't even know what I'm going through! Maybe they should try living in my shoes and see how it feels. I bet then they would feel absolutely horrible about what they did." Feeling sorry for yourself wasn't helping anything, though. Nothing you tried dulled the pain. It was just a constant throbbing that wouldn't subside. Like growing pains, except much, much worse. Crying was obviously a very tiring activity, and considering the fact that you were full out bawling, it was exhausting. You really thought you wouldn't be able to sleep anymore, but your sobs began to fade until they were only faint whimpers, your tears almost ceased altogether and you found yourself drifting off to a place you had always known to be much better than reality. You only hoped this still applied when the very source of this paradise you sought -your dreams and hopes themselves- had been crushed.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

~Don't forget to comment! ^^ ♥