Chapter 12~Sand

A Rapper's Rhyme And Rhythm

JunHyung had drifted off to sleep, the exhaustion from what had just happened overtaking him. He wasn't sure how long he had been asleep when he heard the sound of a door opening. He glanced back to see Zico stepping into the room. He had called him earlier and told him where he was and everything that had happened. JunHyung hadn't expected him to take time to come to the hospital, but that was just Zico. He was his younger brother and he cared about JunHyung. That was just part of Zico's personality. Zico sensed JunHyung's exhaustion and walked over and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Hey, you know you've been here for five hours?" "I have?" JunHyung said, shocked. I really didn't know I had been here for that long... JunHyung thought distractedly. "Yeah, it's 9:00. I didn't come right away because I thought you would want some time to yourself after all this," Zico explained. "Oh, well thanks. And thanks for coming, too," JunHyung responded. "Anytime, hyung," Zico said with a grin. He looked at you then. "I feel so sorry for her," he said softly. While he was looking at you, he noticed your hand. It was gripped in JunHyung's. Zico switched his gaze towards JunHyung and asked, "Wow... You really, really like ____, don't you?" "Mmmm..." JunHyung nodded, a small, but sad, smile forming on his lips. He knew for sure now that he couldn't ever have you. You probably wouldn't trust anyone this easily again, least of all JunHyung.

Zico and JunHyung talked for about 2 hours before Zico stood up and stretched. "Well, I'm gonna head back home, it's getting late and there's school tomorrow," he said yawning. "You coming?" Zico looked at JunHyung. JunHyung thought for a minute about going home and getting some real rest, but then he looked at your face and decided against it. "Nah, I think I'll stay here... I'll come home tomorrow morning so we can go to school, though," JunHyung replied. "Alright. Well get some rest then, hyung," Zico said before waving goodbye and walking out the door. The door had just barely closed behind Zico when your eyes fluttered open. JunHyung wasn't sure what to do, so he just sat there, frozen. Your eyes came to rest on his face for about a second before you passed out again. JunHyung released the breath he had been holding. That was close... She must really be exhausted and overwhelmed though... he thought before falling asleep himself.

JunHyung woke up early the next morning. He checked his phone for the time and saw that it was 5:30. I better get going... he thought. He stood up, stretched, and went to the door. Before he opened it, he allowed himself one last look at your peaceful face. He sighed and left the room. That gaze had been one full of longing and love, because JunHyung knew he'd never be able to look at you like that again. Which is why he promised himself he would always remember you looking like this; peaceful and beautiful, because as soon as you woke up and were well enough to go back to school, there was no way you'd be looking like that around JunHyung. No. Around JunHyung you'd be cold as ice. He had let you slip through his fingers and there was nothing he could do.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

~Once again, I'm really sorry for the short updates! I'll try to update again later today! But what did you think about this chapter? Make sure to let me know! ^^ Oh, and if you like my fanfic, you should tell your friends about it. I would love you forever! xD haha