Chapter 32~Reliving the Nightmare

A Rapper's Rhyme And Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Tmsfr3c74~I know this is more of a song between lovers, but it conveys the kind of emotion I want for this chapter... So please listen ^^

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

You were rudely awakened by the sound of your cell phone ringing. "What the heck?" you wondered aloud as you sat up and reached for you phone. It was 1:10 in the morning. "Who freaking calls this early in the morning?!" you exclaimed, exhasperated. When you saw who the call was from though, you immediately answered it.

"Hello?"


"Ah! _____! I thought you wouldn't answer!"

"Why wouldn't I answer?"

"Well because it's so early.... But I just... I didn't know who to call, and you were the first person I thought of..." he was rambling.

"Zico!! Please calm down! Ok, what the heck is going on?" At this point you were getting worried.

"Noona... JunHyung... Hyung... He... He got mugged..."

"WHAT?!?! Oh... Oh my gosh... Why was he-" you cut yourself off when you realized why exactly he had been alone. "Oh my gosh... It's my fault... I fell asleep and he probably left after bringing me home... Why didn't he just stay here!?"

"____, it's fine. Everything's going to be okay. Nothing's your fault, don't worry."

"Where is he right now?"

"He's on his way to the hospital... In fact he might be there already."

"I have to go see him... I'm gonna go, right now."

"Noona! You need to sleep... You can see him tomorrow."

"You expect me to be able to sleep now?! There's absolutely no way," you exclaimed.

"Yeah... I guess I was expecting this... Okay, I'll come pick you up right now."

"Zico... Thank you, thank you. I'll see you in a couple minutes then." Then you hung up.

You were so extremely worried out of your mind that you paced around your apartment trying to control your breathing and tell yourself that everything was going to be okay. As soon as you heard a knock on your door, you literally sprinted to it, slipped on your favorite tennisshoes, and almost ran into Zico. "Hey, slow down-" he began to say, but when he saw the anxious, worried look on your face, he stopped himself. "Can we please hurry?" you asked, a pleading look in your eyes. Zico only nodded and grabbed your hand, leading you to the car. You hurriedly got in and buckled your seatbelt while Zico steered the car onto the road. You were shaking your leg, a bad habit you had when you were nervous or anxious about something, which caused Zico to look over at you. "Isn't that what you wore to the dance?" he inquired. Looking down at yourself, you realized that you were indeed still in your dress from the dance. You had been so worried about JunHyung that you hadn't even noticed. Although, now that you thought about it, if you had fallen asleep last night, then there would have been no way for you to have changed your clothes. Either way, it didn't matter right now and you didn't care. The only thing you cared about was seeing JunHyung and making sure he was okay. "Huh.... I guess I am..." you replied before turning to stare out the window.

It seemed like forever, but you finally arrived at the hospital and Zico had barely stopped the car when you already had the door open and were running up to the main doors of building. If only JunHyung could see how she's acting right now... Then he could see how super protective and caring she is... Hyung is one lucky guy. Zico thought as you ran.

You had never liked hospitals. Ever since you had watched your dad die when you were younger, they made you nervous. However, you forced yourself to stay here for JunHyung. As you were quickly running through the hospital, you realized that you had no idea where exactly you were going. Luckily, there was a nurse near by that you asked for the location of JunHyung's room. Thankfully she knew exactly who you were talking about and gave you the directions to get there. You bowed and then continued down the long, eerily lit hallways until you came to a stop in front of the door to JunHyung's room. You took a deep breath, not sure what to expect, and then opened the door.

Everything came rushing back.

~Flashback~

"____, You've been called out of class. There's an emergency in your family. Hurry and go to the front office and there will be a car waiting for you," your teacher told you. You didn't know why she looked so sad, but you hurried like she told you to and got in the car. It was your dad's bestfriend and co-worker.

"Taheru-san, what's going on? Why do I have to leave?"

"Well, ____, I'm sorry to tell you this, but your Oto-san has just had a heart-attack, and he doesn't look good. We're going to the hospital to see him."

From what you could tell, it pained him greatly to tell you this. "To-san?!? But how? He-he was perfectly fine this morning! I-I-I need to see him... I have to see him... Taheru-san, please hurry!"

Everything's going to be fine... It's gonna be okay. Just calm down. He's not gonna leave me. He can't leave me... He's my To-san, he can't die... You kept reapeating these things to yourself the whole way to the hospital. When you arrived, Taheru led you to your father's room. As soon as he opened the door, you dashed inside and ran to your father. He didn't look like your To-san anymore. He was pale and looked like he was barely breathing.

"TO-SAN!!" you cried as you grasped his hand. "To-san you can't go!! Please! You can't go.... you just can't. I love you too much!! Please don't leave me! I don't want to be lonely, and you're my bestfriend... Please... Stay..." you sobbed.

Still grasping his hand in one of yours, you placed the other one on his cheek and continued to sob. Then you heard the flat noise of his heart monitor. He's gone... No... No!! He can't be gone... you tried to convince yourself. When you realized he wasn't coming back, it was the most horrible moment.

"TO-SAN!!" you screamed. "TO-SAN!! NO! You promised you would be here for me always!! How can you leave!? You weren't supposed to go!! TO-SAN!! Listen to me! Listen to me..." you sobbed even harder.

At this point you couldn't see anymore and were nearly in hysterics, but everytime someone tried to remove you from your father's side, you kicked and screamed until they left you alone.

Your dad had just died right in front of you.

~End of flashback~

All these memories came flooding back as you saw JunHyung laying there on the hospital bed. It didn't matter that he didn't just have a heart-attack. The only thing that mattered was that he was there in the same position your father had been in a few years ago. You couldn't take it; it was all too much. Feeling yourself getting dizzy, you tried to make your way to the chair next to the bed, but instead, your legs betrayed you and you felt yourself falling sideways towards the cold, hard floor. Before you hit it though, a pair of arms caught you and stopped the impact. You looked up to see Zico's face, but that was the last thing you remembered before you out completely.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

~Alright, so I tried a different style of conversation in this chapter. Did you like it? Or was it better the way I had it before? Please comment your input so that I know what to put into the future chapters (there won't be much, but I have to end it on a good note right?) I realized that I've put a lot of passing out in my fanfic... xD haha I don't know why, it just ends up working out like that ^_^;; Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed it and will look forward to my next chapters ^o^ Thanks for reading!!! ^^ ♥