Chapter 35- Selfish

Superiority Complex

If there is something he pointed out about her, it is the fact that she likes to carry the burden alone. He had established a connection that is too deep with her to not know that something had been bothering her. It was pretty obvious actually, uneasy, bothered and anxious; signs all pertaining that something was occupying her thoughts deeply.

"You do know that I'm more than aware that something is bothering you. Don't go on telling me it's nothing because I know it's something if you're bothered this much."

"As much as I want to tell you what it is, I can't. It's more of a personal matter that I don't want to escalate too much and have other people know. Nobody else knows.."

"Liar. Come on,you know you can always share anything to me."

"Kibum, please."

"Fine. I'll have the tub running. Let's share a bath together!" He teased.

Key was entirely oblivious and has no clue on what sort of argument Amber and Woori had earlier that day. But then, Amber prefers it that way. She'd prefer to have Key be totally ignorant on the issue. He was right. She is bothered. Their friendship is something that matters to her. She considers Woori, more than as a friend but like a sister figure. She was the first person that acted nice towards her when she came into the world she is currently in. True, it must have been insensitive of her as a friend to not notice what Woori was talking about but Amber is not going to give up Key. She let go of him once. She broke his heart once and it's something she can't bear doing yet again. She's going to be selfish. She is not going to let Key go no matter what. 

"Come on, just tell me what it is." Key said as he back hugged Amber as they were in the now bubbly tub.

Amber intertwined her fingers with his. "Don't mind me. Maybe I'm just having some hormone issues and all. I'm fine."

Key then buried his face just by Amber's nape and hugged her even tighter. "I just love you. I love you so much, you know that? If I were to fight to the death I'll do it. I just.. Don't leave me again Amber.. Don't ever."
Amber turned and hugged Key back. Similarly, she buried her face unto his bare chest and sighed. "I love you too. I just love you. If I have to be selfish and lock you up so that you won't go, I'll do it. I made a mistake once, and I'm not going to do that again. No, I love you too much to even imagine my future without you anymore.."

"Amber, when all of this is over.. I mean, once we find our daughter and everything.. Will you.. Will you marry me? For real?"

Amber wanted to cry. It was a rather unexpected proposal but the only words she could mutter was yes and I love you's.. Repetitively in one single sentence. It had been an amazing way to end her rather crazy day.

------------------------

"Hello?" She uttered. No answer. It was rather dark and nothing else can be seen except for a faint beam of light that was several meters away from her.
She walked closer, hoping to see and understand what was going on.

 

Little by little, someone opposite her were taking the same steps, at the same pace towards the same direction. A faint call was heard.. 

"Help..."

She can't comprehend exactly what it was.

"Help.."

As she walked closer and closer to the unknown voice, horror soon landed on her face. 

"I'm so sorry.."

"NO!" It had been the third time she dreamt of that. It would always end the same. She doesn't know if it is a premonition of something or just a really weird dream but it scared her.

It was already mid-morning. Amber seemed to have slept longer and noticed a small note on the side table that was just beside her.

"I wasn't able to tell you sooner but I'll be going on a meeting outside of Seoul today, near Daegu. I'll be coming home a bit late. You can eat dinner ahead, but please be awake when I arrive. I love you Amber! See you tonight and give your mister some good lovin' (wink)

-Key

"That baby.." In order to spend the day away, Amber decided to go and visit Luna. She has made serious progress on her therapy. Amber bets in no time, that girl would be singing her heart out in front of the entire country. Last time she was able to talk to Luna, the girl was already finishing paragraphs. It was melody to the ears to hear her talk. 

"Sunyoung.." Amber called on as the girl appeared to be having a session with her speech therapist.

"Eonni." She uttered without a stutter. The therapist smiled, stood and left, saying she'll be back in a few.

"How have you been?"

"Getting better at... this. I still have some... trr..trouble but otherwise I'm all.. good."

"Good for you. Key's a little busy today so I thought to pay you a visit. Have you eaten? I can cook lunch for you."

"No, it's okay. The helpers have cooked enough to last until dinner... Want to.. come join me. upstairs?"

Amber entered what appeared to be a library of some sort. But there were also recording mics and some computers just across the room.

"This is my mini recording studio.. Onew oppa surprised me just the other day... He. said I can use it.. once my speech therapy.. is over.."

"Isn't that great?! Why don't you seem to excited about it?"

"I am. I really am.. It's just.. Eonni, can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"Did you know about the whole issue about Jonghyun oppa and Onew oppa?"

"Yeah, I was well aware.."

"Did you.. know... that I liked.Onew oppa more than Jonghyun oppa... But I was already aware of Jonghyun oppa's feelings towards...me. Evil, aren't I? I lead him on, despite of the known.. fact.. That I can.. never like him back.. Though I was never aware.. of what Onew oppa felt.. I wished, hoped and prayed that the feelings were mutual.. That is why, on that night... when. the accident happened.. I never blamed him for what happened.. I believed that what..happened.. to me. was my karma for hurting Jonghyun oppa..Me, not speaking.. It was my way of coping for what happened and accepting... that I will never be able.. to walk again.. Onew oppa, taking.. responsibility was... something I took delight in to be honest.. I managed to think like that.. despite the situation..Selfish as it may seem, I love him.. I love him and that's what really matters to me."

Amber held Luna's hand and says she understands what the girl means. Hell, she was in the same situation so to speak and their love for their significant others gives them the driving force. 

"By the way, where is Onew oppa?"

"He went out to meet a client with Key oppa if I remember correctly. To be honest, I don't know where they headed off but he's with Key oppa.."

The two girls chatted for a few more hours until Luna's therapist said they had to resume. Amber opted to leave to head home and sleep. Perhaps, she'll be awake in a few hours and see if she could cook something for Key.

------------------------

Barely did she notice that time passed by so quickly. It was already dark outside. She checked the time and it was almost nine in the evening. Key's car was still nowhere to be seen and Amber wondered why the meeting has lasted that long. Also, no text message nor call was on her phone.

Amber hurriedly went downstairs to try and prepare something for Key, at least some rice since they had plenty of sides in the fridge. Another hour has passed and still no trace of Key. Amber is beginning to worry. She tried ringing Key's cellphone but it was out of coverage. She called upon Luna to see if Onew hasn't arrived as well.

"Luna? Is Onew oppa already there?"

"Ohh, eonni.. Yeah, he's been here since late afternoon..Why?"

"It's just that, Key hasn't been arrived yet.. I tried calling him but his phone can't be reached.."

"Ohh my, until now? Try calling Minho oppa. Maybe he can help?"

Amber dialed Minho's number, hoping that the lad would answer. 

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Minho? It's me, Amber.. Do you have an idea where Key is? He hasn't arrived yet but Onew oppa is already home. I'm starting to get worried. I tried calling him but his phone seems to be dead."

"Really? I'll be coming over and try to contact the police or anything. I'll send Taemin in with you as well. We'll be there in a few."

The two men arrived at Key's place, finding Amber crying as she was walking to and fro the living room. She was scared. Was her dream coming true? The dream she's had for the past three days? That he, walking towards her, into the light, only to find his clothes drenched in blood and fainting right in front of her. It's the same scenario everytime. 

"Noona, calm down. I'm sure Key hyung would be fine.."

"I don't feel at ease Taemin, I know something is up. I don't know what, but something is up."

Minho came dashing in from the kitchen. "The police has no trace. No accident has been reported and we can't file for a missing person report since it's less than 24 hours. I suggest we take things by the morning."

"No! No, I can't let you do that.. Let's find him, please..."

"Amber, as much as I want to help you, it's late. If we try and go look for him, we might lose anyone in the process. I know he'll be safe. He'll come back to you. Have some faith in him."

Minho was right. She had to wait. And one question remains, "Where is Key?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's friggin' four am in the morning, and I had nothing productive to do, so I wrote this chapter..:) A little update for you guys ^^ Enjoy and stay tuned!