Chapter 31- Nightmares, Confrontations and Reality

Superiority Complex

It would rain and the sky would be filled with darkness. The lightning is the only thing providing the light that there should be. The streets would start flooding and all that's left to do is run. Run like there was no tomorrow. It was a fight for freedom; a fight for liberation and safety. It's a continuous battle.

------------------

Sunday morning came sooner than he thought. He was off work and the sun shone brightly. He has learned to live alone since Suho asked permission to leave several months before he came back. Key didn't mind the idea since he was old enough anyway. Besides, living alone in random places around Europe taught him how to fend for himself without the need for help from anyone.

Yesterday was bliss for him. Seeing the one woman he loves, there with their friends, it was a sight to behold. It was a sight  he'd love to remember over and over again. After years of soul searching, healing, forgiving and accepting, Amber was back in his life. The family isn't complete but she's back and he'll do whatever it takes, whatever means for all of them to be together.

Knock knock. A Jonghyun was seen peeking through the door of Key's bedroom. After days of not being able to contact him, he finally showed up for work, looking all fresh and tidied up.

"It's about time you came. I arrived and you weren't even there to welcome me. It'd been weeks and this is actually the first time I saw  you since I left."

"Sorry about that Kibum. I too needed some alone  time just as you did. Can you give me a break?"

"Whatever hyung. It's not like you have anything too deep to figure out."

"Ohh shut up. You don't know anything Key.. Anyways, welcome back. I'll be meeting a client today and see how the operations are doing. Call me if you need anything."

Jonghyun left as Key shooed him away. Key could only let a small giggle upon seeing his hyung. He has remained playful but something about his demeanor has changed. He can't tell exactly what it was but he was certain something did. In addition to not seeing Jonghyun, he hasn't seen Onew around as well. He was informed early on that Onew is busy but he's curious as to why his hyung can't even drop by the office and greet him hello. 

Knock knock.  Taemin came in with such a wide grin on his face as he walked towards Key. 

"What's with the smile?"

"Hmm?" As Taemin shook his head.

"No, seriously, you've got such a pathetic grin on that face. What's going on?"

"It's nothing hyung. I just can't believe you're back. I mean, you're actually back. After not seeing you for so long, it feels kind of odd having you around since Minho hyung was in charge. You two run things differently though I'm not really complaining. Also, when I saw Amber noona yesterday, I saw a glimmer in your eyes. It was as if, you were in love with her all over again or something. Though, honestly, I did miss her but I can't talk to her as of now."

"Why? Weren't you one of those who told me to bring her to the company yesterday?"

"Well, I did. I wanted to talk to her personally but Sulli and the others were too busy talking to her I never got the chance to steal her."

"What did you want to tell her anyway?"

"I wanted to know the clear reason as to why she left like that. It was late enough when I learned about you and Gayoon-noona and I was completely clueless why things turned out like that for the two of you back then. I got angry at her of course. I just needed to talk to her to finally know and actually get to understand."

Key had a smile on his face the entire time Taemin was talking. It finally sunk into him that Taemin is already a 25 year old man, not boy, but man, exploring and understand the realms of the world on his own. Key ruffled Taemin's hair.

"I'll make sure next time you get the chance to talk to her. But, for now, I need your help."

"Yeah, sure."

---------------------------------

Amber sat by her window most of the morning that day. Truth be told, it was mixed emotions for her. Is she supposed to be thrilled? Is she supposed to panic? Is she supposed to feel guilty? The kiss yesterday was a clear slap to her that her feelings never changed despite the wanting to forget. It was clear to her that every fiber of her being sought Key not just emotionally but physically. She had her suitors every now then but never did she entertain any one. They either fell short or was too much for her liking. She never thought of it until that day that maybe perhaps she was subconsciously looking for someone like Key given the chance before.

"Missed me?" 

Amber jerked and by reflex slapped the person repeatedly.

"Oww, oww oww!! Cut it out!!" The recipient pleaded. "Get away, get away!?" Amber shouted.

"Amber, it's me Key!! Stop it." Amber came to her senses and helped Key stand. "Seriously, what's up with you? You didn't have to hurt me like that." Amber apologized and explained it was out of reflex.

"I brought you some lunch. I just figured you could've missed ahjumma's cooking so I stopped by and bought these for take out. I hope you don't think it's too much."

"No, it's okay. Thanks. I'll just prepare some plates. Can you put them on the table for a while?"

Key did as he told and sat on one of the three chairs occupying the dining area. It was his first time to take a good look at Amber's place. It was small for his liking. If he measured it correctly, the entireity of the apartment is close enough to the size of his current bedroom. Amber placed down the plates and brought out the food Key bought for her, it was good enough for two so she prepared two sets of utensils. They digged in and enjoyed what was in front of them. If yesterday was bliss for Key, that day was cloud9. Eating with Amber is something he dreamed for so long and there it was, actually happening. By instinct, Key wiped off sauce off of Amber's cheeks, the girl flinched and shooed Key's hand away. The lad was a taken aback a little.

"Come on, I can do that for myself."

The two of them finished and Key washed the dishes. Amber sat by her small couch and looked at Key intently. "This is new. You actually, washing dishes? It looks weird."

"Stop it. I had to learn to do this while I was alone by myself when I went away. It's pretty simple."

"Europe huh? How was it? Your trip to Europe?"

"It was helpful? I'm not sure if that's the right term to use but yeah, it was helpful. It made things a lot easier. I met different people, saw different places. It was a learning experience."

"Your six years had been spent well huh? All I did was transfer from place to place and was trying to make a living. It was a little hard at first. Seems like your lifestyle has affected me. ahaha.."

"By the way, I asked for Taemin's help. He knows some  people in the police force and stuff like that. I figured maybe he can help in finding our daughter. He brought me some files earlier this noon before I came to see you. I asked for your official file and apparently, it's official that you've changed your name? From Liu to Lee? What's the need for it?"

"Ohh, that, well.."

"I mean, we were officially married then I found out that your civil status went back to single. It caught me off guard and I saw that you filed for annulment. I don't remember signing any paper, so I was a little surprised.."

"Did you snoop through everything?" Amber asked with an irritated tone.

"Well, I had to be updated! It's not that I'm bothered by it but I just wondered why you took such drastic measures up to the extent of changing your name.."

The conversation went on until it was interrupted by the ringing of Key's cellphone. Onew was phoning in.

"Yeobosaeyo, Onew hyung? Mwo? I get it. I'll be there. We'll be there." Key put the phone down. "Get changed."

"Wait, wh.."

"Just get changed." He imposed. Amber scurriedly changed and they were off in a matter of minutes.

---------------------------

Amber had no idea where they were off to. It sounded urgent but she had no starting point as to how she'll figure out where they are heading. Traffic was kind of a struggle but it was clear later on that they were fast approaching the hospital. Key parked his car soon as they arrived. Minho was seen not far from the entrance of the emergency door.

Key and Amber went off and hurried to see what was going on.

"What's going on?" Key asked. "Follow me." Minho signaled. 

Back and forth footsteps were heard across the hallway. It was audible enough to be heard despite the hustling emergency room. It was Onew. Jonghyun was seated.

"Where's Taemin?" Key asked yet again. "He's on his way."

Onew looked worried and Jonghyun sat still, his head resting on his hands. He looked like as if he was crying.

The doctor emerged from the sliding door across the two. He had gloves on and blood was scattered all over his gown. "Things are under control. Her condition is stable but due to the fact that she's sustained much damage even before the incident today. We have to monitor if no additional damage has occured to her. Her brain has suffered enough trauma beforehand. There were no hemorrhages seen in her CT scan but we'd like to make sure. She'll be in the hospital for a few days. Several of her absrasions had been cured and stitched. But to be honest, a few more meters and she could've been done for."

Onew hurriedly went into throught the door and headed unto the partition covered by the curtains. The nurses went out. Jonghyun remained seated while Key and Amber went it after Onew.

Much to Amber's horror, her guess was correct. It was Luna. She had scratches all over and her leg had a pretty long stitch running her entire shin. Amber gulped and she wiped her forehead as she stared upon Luna's condition. The sweet, optimistic and cheerful Luna was lying on a hospital bed, unconscious. Onew went out.

"You bastard?!" He shouted as he landed a fist on Jonghyun's face.

"This wouldn't have happened to her if only you told me where you two would be going. If I knew this was going to happen, I wouldn't have allowed her to go with you. You son of a... A car?! You seriously let her get ran over by a car." Again, Onew attacked Jonghyun is with a full fist, Jonghyun returned with one of his own. Onew fell on the floor.

"You've got some nerve! Whose fault it was why she turned mute and crippled like that it the first place huh? It was you wasn't it!" He landed another left-handed punch on Onew. Minho came in between.

"Stop it."

"You knew hyung, back then?That I loved Luna, yet you asked her on a date? Seriously? You knew how much I wanted to be with her and you stole her away. That night when you went out with her, that was the night you two got in that accident.. The accident that almost killed the love of my life?! And now you're telling me I have the nerve of bringing her out?? You destroyed her dream! She was about to audition for a company the following week. God, if only I knew, you're only taking responsibility for what you did to her." Jonghyun shouted.

"You're wrong! I loved Luna as much as you did. I loved her even before she met you. But when I knew you loved her, I stepped back. I let you take a move. It killed me Jonghyun, to see her, smiling and laughing with you. I asked her out that night to say my goodbye and finally let her go for you. But I can't.. I couldn't." Onew soon fell on his knees and started crying. Jonghyun escaped Minho's grip and headed somewhere as he wiped his bloody lip. Amber stood there in shock, little by little she took footsteps backward and later ran for the exit. Key followed her.

"Amber.. Amber?!" He shouted. 

Amber kept on walking and didn't listen to Key. She frantically crossed the street not listening to anything or anyone. She kept mumbling to herself as she walked straight on. Key hurriedly followed her. The girl was at risk of getting hit by a car if he didn't catch up to her in time.
A flash of light and a shout soon followed. 

"You better watch where you're going!" The driver shouted. Key bowed an apology as he held Amber. The girl kept on shouting.

"Amber, Amber.. Get a grip!"

The girl was trembling. She covered her ears and her eyes were open wide. She continued on mumbling as she cried. "No.. not again. No. They're back..Can't be..Now they're. NOOOO!!" She curled up. It was obvious fear that resonated from those eyes of her. Amber soon lost consciousness and Key carried her to his car.

He quickly drove to his place. He needed to be with her and watch over her. Something was up and he needed to find out what it was. Soon as he arrived, he brought Amber to his bed and tucked the girl under the sheets. She was still asleep. 

-------------------------

A soft, warm light woke her from her slumber. A certain, familiar warmth wrapped her as she slowly opened her eyes. It was clear she wasn't in her apartment. Key was beside her and tightly, he put her under his arms. He's been hugging the girl the time they came. She slowly stood up and careful not to wake the boy. Much to her dismay, Key felt it and he too woke up. He stretched and sat up.

"Feeling better?" He asked. Amber nodded in response. Key carressed Amber's cheek and the girl held his hand tightly. 

"Hold me." She said as she rubbed Key's hand on her cheek. The girl started tearing up. "Please.."

"Amber.."

It wasn't before long that Amber kissed the boy. She tugged unto him tightly and said yet again for him to hold her. Key gave in and finally took the invitation. He kissed her and she kissed back. He nipped at her bottom lip. She took this as a plea to let him in  and she did. It wasn't before long that their tongues stared intertwining and dancing gracefully. He let go to get a small catch of breath. 

"I haven't had my fill for so long. You should know I wouldn't be taking it easy if this goes on.." He whispered. "Take me however you like. I don't care."

And he digged in like a hungry beast. Key made his way to Amber's neck as he literally tore the girl's clothing apart. Amber in turned ed Key's polo and exposed the lad's body. Key looked at Amber's skin and gently carressed through her stomach, her sides as his hands made its way to her back. He tugged and unhooked the girl's brassiere and marveled at her beauty. 

"You have no idea how much I missed this. He said as he started fondling her. Amber moaned in pleasure. Her face only Key even more. He then took off the girl's bottom, together with her underwear. Amber covered herself in shame. 

"Tsk, tsk. You can't do that." Key said and with brute strength he spread her legs wide open, placing soft kisses as he made his way to the depths of Amber's being. He digged in some more, taking his fill. He played with her, savored her. Every fiber of Amber's being he explored right then and there. He did this as he continued to fondle with her s. Amber tugged unto Key's hair as he continued with his . As she was about to get her release, Key pulled away, pissing her off.

"That's mean!"

"Not yet.." 

Amber wanted her revenge. She quickly pinned Key down, slid of his pants and made her way to . She it and slowly took it into . She went fast and slow. Key cringed with pleasure. "When did you get so good?" He asked. As Amber felt a hint of throbbing from Key, she stopped and had a playful smirk on her lips. Key knew what she was doing and wrestled her until she was under him. He mercilessly ed into her, she whimpering in pain. Slowly, Key moved faster and both were in ecstatic pleasure.

".. Amber, when were you this tight?" Key said as he pounded into her. A few more and both were done for. They exploded from their passion and had their release mix together. As awkward as it may seem, they remained like that for several minutes until both fell asleep without them knowing.

------------------------

The dark night has subsided. Amber's eyes were slowly opening as she saw the sun brightly shining. She looked to her side and saw that Key wasn't beside her. Last night had been a spectacular one. She hasn't done it with anyone else and she hope Key did as well, because if one things is for sure, both of them were deprived and last night was a huge release. She sat up, covering herself with the sheets not caring over the fact that it's a Monday.

Footsteps were then heard not from afar and Key came in with a rather stern look on his face. It wasn't the exact welcome Amber wanted but she felt it was about something important.

"You're not telling me something." He said and she knew perfectly, what he could've been talking about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another update! I don't really know what to discuss about this chapter.. I can't diverge too much into details and the whole Onew-Jonghyun thing seemed pretty clear. Anyways, hope you guys like it. Stay tuned for the next chapter! ^^