8:00 AM - Beautiful Stranger

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

Nell(넬)-Beautiful Stranger

There she was again, standing at the bus stop in front of him. Her routine was always the same. At exactly 8:00 AM she would stepped into the bus shelter in front of him. Her short pixie like hair, her small face, her high cheek bone, her wide-set eyes, and her slightly up-turned nose, it always took his breath away.    

It was strange, he barely knew her, but he felt deeply connected to her. He craved to be near her. She was just a stranger to him, he doesn’t even know her name, but yet he felt so lonely every moment of the day without her.

8:00 AM had become a magical time for him. She had a weird affect on him. In that bus shelter, standing next to her, he felt the most secure. He felt safe.

He knew that feeling he has was a little strange. He had to admit that he felt a little ashamed, because he never had the courage to ask for her name. Until that day when she turned around with the most mesmerizing smile in the world, “Hello”

Her voice sounded like musical notes in his ears, he must have imagined it, “He ... He ... Hello?” He felt like his tongue had swollen up and the words stammered out of his mouth.

She giggled, “I forgot my watch and my phone today. Would you be able to tell me the time?”

He knew the time. She had just stepped into the bus shelter. It is exactly, “8:00AM!”

“Thank you,” she said.

She started to turn back around, but a voice in his head yelled, Ask her now you idiot! The words slipped out of his mouth before he knew it, “My name is Dongwoo Jang, what is yours?”

She looked at him with a puzzling look, and then she gave him a gummy smiled, “Amber Liu. It’s nice to meet you, Dongwoo.” She extended her hand. He took her hand a shook it. “I’ll see you tomorrow morning, Dongwoo.”

He didn’t even realize that her bus had arrived. She stepped onto the bus and she was gone. The moment was imprinted into his brain forever. From that moment on he knew that things will never be the same. How could it be when she knew that he was there in the same bus shelter every morning. 

 

A/N - Click on Nell's Beauty Stranger and listen to it while you read.