Mysterious Call

Just A Distant Memory [REWRITING] -under construction 7/12/13

----

Rough night ... why did my heart feel as if it was slowly dieing as I glanced over my shoulder and saw Jiyong walk by. He didn't do anything .. no consulting. Does he want to really let me go? I .. I don't even know if I'm ready to let him go ... I love him too .. He's my ..

I looked at my finger and saw my engagement ring ..

"Husband .." I whispered softly.

Jonghyun looked over at me.

"Hm? Did you say something?" He said as he came inside the room with some warm, steamy bowl of noodles.

I looked up at him startled ..

"Oh nothing, just humming a song in my head" I smiled at him.

We were at his place. The drive felt long last night. Since he was still rich he bought an amazingly expensive apartment! It still had to be a little more furnished inside but still it was beautiful and simple! I wanted to live here .. Not that I loved my own house but seriously ... It's gorgeous ..

"So, are you okay?" Jonghyun said as he sat down next to me and interrupted my thoughts.

"What do you mean?" I said not really paying attention and instead admiring his two story apartment.

"Staying with me for two months  .. because Jiyong  .. everything seems so--"

That's when I snapped back to reality and looked at him speechless. That made him stop speaking and looked at me like he said something wrong. My mouth started to open slowly trying to force the words I was thinking in my head to come out.

"Mee-Yon? Is something bothering you?"

"T-Two .. Months?" I stuttered.

".. Yeeees .. What's wrong with that?" He said slurping his bowl of noddle soup.

"I .. seems so .. this .. different .." I mumbled out words that couldn't seem to form into a sentence.

"I seem so this different? What are you trying to say?" Jonghyun spoke and put his bowl onto the coffee table.

I furrowed my eyebrows and softly shook my head from the thought I was thinking. I looked down closing my eyes trying to force my mind not to think of anything else but Jonghyun. 

I am with Jonghyun, not Jiyong. Stop thinking about Jiyong he doesn't even love you!

When I was saying that in my head I felt something graze my shoulder. I looked up quickly with widened eyes and saw Jonghyun's immediately shocked face. 

"What's the matter with you, you look so afraid!" He said scooching away from me.

"I'm so sorry Jonghyun! I was just thinking about things I didn't mean to worry you" I said as I slumped farther down on the couch playing with the fabric of my pajama bottoms. 

He then looked up with a slight smile.

"It's fine .. I know what your thinking about and I understand."

I looked back up at him .. is he a mind reader?

"Your thinking about Jiyong, huh?" He said as he giggled a little bit.

He is a mind reader ...

"Ani! Why would you think that?" I said faking a laugh.

He gave me a serious look. Making me feel a little uncomfortable.

"Oh please Mee-Yon, your thinking about Jiyong. Thinking if your doing the right thing leaving him for awhile and staying with me and if he's okay and if he's fine with your Omma ..." He trailed off.

"OMMA!" I shouted and stood up hastily giving me a head rush.

Jonghyun jumped from his seat looking surprised again.

"What now!?" He said slowly standing up.

"Omma! Omo .." I said rubbing my head.

"What are you a baboon?!" He joked.

I ignored his comment and rushed upstairs. I ran inside my room and grabbed my side bag. I turned it over making all the things in my bag fall out including my cellphone. I harshly grabbed my phone and quickly scrolled down my contact list to find Omma's number. I clicked on her name and listened to the ringing heard on the other end of the line .. Her expression would probably be a perfect mixture of incredulity, irritation, and bitterness once I tell her this whole plan for the two months .. Luckily, I won't be there to witness her anger. So that's one good thing to think about ... 

I heard the ringing stop and heard rustling on the other side of the line .. Then I heard heavy breathing .. Finally an unknown voice spoke up ..

"MEE-YON! COME QUICKLY! JIYONG IS HURT! AND----" The strangers voice got cut off and I heard mumbling in the background ..

"YOBOSEYO!? WHO IS THIS YOBOSEYO??!" I screamed into the phone impatiently waiting for a reply. My heart started to pick up its pace and my stomach felt like it was sinking. The eagerness and pain that mans voice had started to scare me .. and the fact that the mans voice said that Jiyong was hurt ...

I heard the sounds in the background stop and I heard a door shut .. finally I heard a voice speak.

"Yoboseyo?" I heard Omma speak calmly.

"OMMA! WHY IS JIYONG HURT!? WHAT'S GOING ON!" I wailed helplessly. Why did I leave the house?

"Jiyong? What do you mean he's fine. He's perfectly safe and locked up in his room." She laughed.

"Omma! You've been lying to me for how long?!" 

"Lying? I'm telling the truth he really is in his room. Do you want to talk to him?" 

"RIGHT NOW!" I demanded. Not caring that I'm yelling back to her.

I saw Jonghyun running up behind me and closing the door.

"What's going on!?" he asked worriedly. "All I heard was yelling!"

"SHHH!" I said turning to face him then turning back facing down at the bed biting my lip to hear Jiyong's voice.

"Mee-Yon?" I heard Jiyong say breathlessly. 

"Jiyong! What happened to you I heard you were hurt!"

There was silence ..

"J-Jiyong!?"

"Ani, I'm fine." Jiyong said quietly ..

" ... Your lying! I could tell with the sound of your voice! Stop lying!"

"I have to go now Mee-Yon, I'll talk to you soon" his voice sounded even more shakier ..

"JIYONG! WAI--"

I heard the end of the line beep .. 

My eyes started to water. I pulled the phone away from my ear and clicked the end button. I stayed silent until I realized Jonghyun was still in the room. I turned around and faced him which earned another shocked expression.

"JONGHYUN! YOU NEED TO TAKE ME HOME!"