Appa

Just A Distant Memory [REWRITING] -under construction 7/12/13

uhmm .. i was going to say something but I forgot .. anyways continue reading! (x

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you keep following me .." I muttered under my breath.

"He's here Mee-Yon. Are you going to run into his arms?" Jonghyun said as he stood beside me. Both of us glaring at him, until I just heard what he said ..

"WHAT!? YOU THINK I'M A DAMN GUY HOPPER!?" I screamed at him angry with the fact that he thinks I'm those types of girls.

"I thought you would .. because you did that to me .. " He mumbled the last part.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing"

"I heard you" I said and glared at him. I tugged on my suitcase and rolled it as I walked away from him. I can't believe him .. guy hopper pfft. Never.

"I was just kidding!" I heard Jonghyun shout from a distance.

"Lies! Just like the song you compared my life with" I shouted back not turning around and waiting for him.

As I walked closer to the entrance of the hospital I saw Jiyong wait for me with hands in his pockets and a slight smile on his face.  I ignored him and walked right past him reaching out for the long silver pole that was the door handle. Once I gripped onto it I felt something grab onto my hand.

"Mee-Yon .. I left you with unsaid words and --"

"I'm only here to see Appa, there's no need to make any love contact" I said still keeping contact with the glass door in front of me.

"But I thought you said you--"

"loved you? I'm not sure Jiyong" I tugged onto the handle and was about to walk inside until Jiyong stepped right in front of me and looked at me ..

"Are you still upset about what happened on that day" he asked.

"Why do you always bring that up? And no."

"Then why don't you--"

"JIYONG, I'm getting really annoyed and tired of that question. Will you two just leave me alone and let me decide in peace!?"

Once I said that I pushed Jiyong to the side and continued my way walking through the long dark and cold hallway. There was a creepy feeling while I was walking through it .. the sadness of crying families as doctors "broke the news" and the elderly people glaring at you as you walk by their room .. that's what I'm sensing right now .. 

I finally reached the front desk and saw a nurse sitting down looking through all this paper work. I got her attention when I tapped the bell that was on top of the counter. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Oh, mianhe. What may I help you with?" She asked as she held both of her hands together and rested it on the table.

"I'm looking for my father" I said having a feeling of nervousness inside me.

"Last name" she asked going through another pile of paperwork.

"Park" I said.

She flipped through many papers and finally found the one she was looking for. What worried me the most was the expression on her face ..

"A-Are you his daughter? M--?"

"Mee-Yon? Neh" I replied feeling sick everywhere.

She kept quiet for a long time which really irritated me .. it's like she wanted me to explode in her face! I was going to tell her to speak up but she beat me to it.

"I apologize but .. your father is no longer .. available .." 

"W-What?" My eyes widened from the news I just heard. I know Appa didn't die! He only stayed here for a week .. he's here! .. This makes no sense ..

"It says here that he was in a coma but never survived through the operation" 

" ... I .. ca--" I tried to breathe in to get some air so that I could speak but I couldn't .. my eyes started to water and my tears streamed down my face .. I never even had a chance to say good-bye or even check up on what he was going .. Omma could've called me earlier to go visit him ... why didn't she call me ealier!?

"If there's anything I can do .."

"THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO! HE'S DEAD! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER CURE PATIENTS WELL ENOUGH!?" I shouted storming out through the hallway. 

Jonghyun was entering through the door and ran up to me as soon as he saw me crying.

"Mee-Yon! What happened!?"

"Appa passed away!" I sobbed into his jacket as he pulled me in for a hug.

We both stayed silent as the hallways echoed from my weeping. Doctors and nurses always passed by us to check if we were okay but i just ignored them all .. 

Soon I felt a tapping on my shoulder .. I looked up and saw Jonghyun's frightened face.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" He screamed and let me go as he fell onto the bench beside him. His faced just looked horrific!

I turned around and saw the most unbelievable figure to appear in front of us .. I'm telling you this is impossible!

"AHHHHHHHH!!" I screamed and sat next to Jonghyun. Both of us hugging our knees and looking at him ..

"Just because I'm in a hospital gown doesn't make me look that scary!" Appa said as he took a sip of his coffee.

"GHOST!" I yelled and covered my eyes.

Appa looked around confused .. "Ghost?"

"APPA! WHY ARE YOU ALIVE AREN'T YOU DEAD!?" I screamed still holding onto my knees and trying to cuddle next to Jonghyun but he stayed still as he positioned himself into a ball.

"Well, obviously I'm alive because I'm standing here drinking coffee" he explained then chuckled.

Both me and Jonghyun slowly let go our our knees and looked at him in disbelief .. Jonghyun stood up and took small baby steps as he nears Appa. They both exchanged weird looks to each other so I just stood aside and watched what Jonghyun was planning to do next ..

"Son .." Appa asked still giving him a weird look.

"Yeah" Jonghyun said.

"What are you doing?"

Apparently, Jonghyun was waving his hands back and forth while walking around Appa like he was a dancing indian chief or something ..

"I'm trying to see if my hands can go through you to see if your a ghost" Jonghyun said poking his cheek.

What am I going to do with this idiot this hospital has traumatized him!

Ignoring him I walked straight up to Appa and gave him a tight hug.

"I'm so glad your not dead or else I would've really missed you" I said snuggling into his chest.

"I would've missed you too Mee-Yon" Appa said wrapping his arms around me.

"I'd miss the both of you!" Jonghyun said as he went up to the both of us and joined for a hug.

"What do you mean the both of us? I wasn't going to die" I said raising an eyebrow. "Or were you expecting me to die?"

"ANI!! Of course not! I just thought that if Appa would leave then you would go back to Jiyong and support him and your Omma and leave me, Key, and Eun-Ae"

I glared at him again making him back away from our group hug and sitting back down on the bench.

"Again with your thoughts!" I said annoyed crossing my arms and looking away. As I was focusing on ignoring him I heard a scream that got the whole hospitals attention. Everyone looked around and noticed this situation happening at the front desk.

"WHHY!!?!?" This girl screamed sobbing into the palms of her hands.

"Wait, so your Miyoung?" This nurse said shocked.

Hold on .. Miyoung? .. Mee-Yon .. DID SHE MIX UP THE TWO OF US WITH DIFFERENT APPAS!?

"Neh! Did my Appa really die!?"

"I'm so so--"

"DON'T TALK TO ME!" Miyoung said and ran away from the counter and shoved the front entrance door open .. her cries getting more faint .. I feel bad for her .. you know, that would've been me if I haven't found out sooner that Appa was really alive ..

"Weird .." Jonghyun said out of nowhere.

I slapped him on the arm. "Weird!? That poor girl just found out that her Appa died and you find that weird!?"

"ANI!! Not that, I meant it's weird that you two have almost the same name and almost had the same situation between your Appas" he said rubbing his arm.

"Ohh .. I know weird .. a little too weird .." I said. "Plus she did look a little familiar."

"So should we all go eat?" Appa brought up and stopped me from thinking about Miyoung .. Miyoung .. where have I heard that from?

"Are we allowed to go out?" Jonghyun said.

"Neh! I'm better now! The doctor told me to go home today and I was going to surprise you all at the house but I guess you surprised me instead" he said and patted my back.

"Oh, arasso, let's go!" I said throwing my fist in the air and practically skipping and running to the door. I'm not sure how I got so hyper all of a sudden, but it feels great!

----

I was watching Mee-Yon happily skip off to the entrance and disappearing from outside the doors. I was about to go run after her but then I was stopped by something behind me ..

"Jonghyun" Mee-Yon's Appa said as he rested his hand on my shoulder. I turned around to listen to what he was going to say.

"What is it, Appa .. oops, mianhe, I didn't mean to call you Appa .. it's just you seem like an Appa to me .. and .."

"It's okay Jonghyun, you seem like a son to me so it's okay" he smiled stopping me from continuing on with my sentence. "Remember back at the house? I told you that you could call me Appa"

That's right I forgot about that .. I've always been such a forgetful person anyways ..

"So as I was saying .." Appa continued on. "Are you and Mee-Yon finally together?"

I stayed still and looked away .. why did he bring that up? Does he love asking that question or something!

"I'm not so sure .." I said. I really am confused with our relationship .. when I came back here and saw her again .. we were both happy with each other, we kissed, Mee-Yon seemed like she wanted to be with me but refused? Then more kissing and more hugs .. and .. living in my apartment together? .. what does all this mean!?

"You love her right?" he asked which made me uncomfortable whether or not if I should answer that question ... but I did.

"A lot" I said and sighed. Appa looked at me with a pity look but then had a small grin on his face.

"Ask her"

My eyes shot up to look if he was serious or not. He's giving me approval to ask her daughter out even though she's technically married!? I wonder if he hates Jiyong ..

"Don't get me wrong I like Jiyong, but it seems as if she really likes you" he said. It's like he read my mind ..

He started to walk back into the hallways to where all the patients rooms were. I thought he was coming with us .. where is he going?

"Appa, where are you going? Aren't you going to lunch?" I asked walking behind him but then stopped once he turned around. He just smiled again and then spoke.

"I want to see Mee-Yon with someone she'll feel happy with. So I'll be seeing you two back here before dark, right?" He said and turned back around and continued walking.

Wait a minute .. is he implying--

"I'll see you later son-in-law" he said still walking away without turning around ..

He left me a little stunned .. I can't believe I'm really going to do this .. well whatever happens, happens. It's best to know now then wait all my life before she leaves with someone else ..

I smiled to myself and started to confidently walk outside of the hospital, and I already have an idea on how I should ask her.

---------------------------------------------

long update!

Oh yeah i remember what I was gonna say now! How do you guys like the new banner?

Thank you so much for subscribing, reading, and commenting! I appreciate the feedback! (:

BTW. the winner answer of what ending u guys will read .. is ..

SAD ENDING with ALTERNATIVE HAPPY ENDING! YAAAAY!

I wanted to write that ending! :D don't worry I didn't cheat! You could only vote once! (x and I chose "sad ending" as a test run.