The Fail Date

Just A Distant Memory [REWRITING] -under construction 7/12/13

"Miss?" 

I heard a faint voice speaking to me .. Whenever I heard the person speak there would be a blur of their face and slow movements that I could not see ..

"Are you okay?"

I heard them speak again .. but the voice sounded a little different .. the more I tried opening my eyes the more of a headache I would get feeling a hard pound near my forehead .. it's like someone put a knock out pill in my drink .. why am I waking up this way? ..

"Mee-Yon get up!" 

The constant command makes me feel nervous .. I'd like to speak up and tell them to give me five more minutes but my voice seemed to be broken .. I fluttered my eyes open only to see more blurs of colors .. 

I felt something tug onto my shoulders to shake me around .. it made me feel dizzy but it helped me sit up ..

I soon sat up and supported myself by resting my palm on the leather seats .. I heard a clear sound of chattering from the people that walk by, the cars that drove, and the squeaks from the tires and the honks getting louder and louder .. I also soon began to hear the voice of the man that tried to wake me up ..

"If you don't get up I'm going to spill my drink on you!" 

Can't this person be patient .. I'm having a painful confusing head rush here ..

Then the sudden feeling of cold iced water glided down from my head to my back making me fully alert.

"AHHHH, CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT I'M HAVING A SUPER BAD HEADACHE!"

I threw my head down onto my lap and squealed because of the cold water mixing in with my annoying headache .. who the hell did this!?

I felt a hand wander around my hair which made me look up .. and then I saw him. He had an uneasy look in his eyes but a smirk on his lips .. I can't tell whether he was thinking about something tragic or just laughing at my pain ..

"Are you okay?" I heard the chauffeur ask from the front of the car.

"Neh, just a bad headache" I said turning to face him with a forced smile on my face. Ah, now I know who said which line .. the "Are you okay" was from the driver .. the "Mee-Yon get up!" was from Jiyong ..

I turned back to face Jiyong and he was now looking at me with only an uneasy expression .. 

"I really am okay, but the fact that you ruined my dress brought my mood down" I said getting up from the car and stumble outside onto the sidewalk patting the dripping water off from my dress ..

"Oh, yeah" He said now looking at my dress with the same expression ..

I just looked at him in confusion .. why does he always act depressed whenever I'm around him? .. have I scarred him from the day I left him standing there with many unanswerable questions? .. I had an excuse .. 

"Thanks for the sincerity" I grumbled under my breath ..

"What?" He said and looked up at me making me feel nothing but guilt inside of me .. I hate the sorrowful look in his eyes .. I can only turn away to not look at him .. but it doesn't help because I could still feel his gaze upon me .. I just held both of my hands in front of me and looked off to the side .. thinking of any question I could ask to skip the uncomfortable atmosphere ..

"So .. did you order the limo to bring me here?" I asked feeling guilt but hate .. so this was his plan to bring me to him without even talking to me? .. I would've came to him on my own if he gave me time .. maybe ..

I looked at him from the corner of my eye and saw his eyes widened and then he bit his lip and made fists filled with anger ... what's gotten into him?

I looked up at him and noticed that his face calmed and he smiled at me ... bipolar moment right there ..

"Ani, I brought your here to you to a restaurant" He said and wrapped his arm around mine as we continued to walk .. I said good-bye to the chauffeur and then turned back to listen to Jiyong speak ..

"See, there's this surprise for you today .. I was forced to help out with this .. I .. I dislike this .. idea .. but I have no choice .." Jiyong said as he tightened his hold around me .. this is making me worried ..

"Then why continu--"

"I had to give you up for awhile remember?" He said and continued to look forward ..

I nodded and also looked forward as we awkwardly walked side by side .. I know I'm supposed to be with Jonghyun right now .. but I can't leave unless I know Jiyong is also happy .. both people have to be happy ..  no point in depression can make me choose either one .. they have to be happy so that I could choose fairly .. or else I'd need to support the downer one in the situation ..

We finally stopped walking and I looked over at Jiyong .. he deeply sighed and pulled his arm away and put it in his pockets .. I stood there not knowing what to do but to look at this huge recognizable restaurant in front of us .. I've been here before ... the sidewalk we walked on .. I've walked around there too ... isn't this the restaurant wher--

"It's time for me to go .. just walk inside and say your last name is under the reservation  .. you'll know what to do next .." he said interrupting my thoughts and then slowly walked away from me ..

"Jiyong!" I said to get his attention before he walked away out of sight ..

He stood there waiting for me to speak .. I want to stay with him because it seemed as if he needed me at this time .. but this 'surprise' I guess, I have to attend it .. or else the person planning this 'surprise' will just get upset like this and cause more problems I have to handle ..

"Will you be alright?" I asked just to make sure he'd do fine, for this is the last time I'd probably see him again since I'm living with Jonghyun for two months ..

"Same as usual" he shrugged and began to walk again ..

"Jiyong .. tell the truth" I said which made him stop again ..

"What?" He said and turned around to face me once more.

"Tell the truth .. are you really okay? I could always come back an--"

"Ani .. I'll be fine. Just as long as I know your okay then I'll be okay" he said and smiled at me .. he walked up to me and gave me a comforting hug .. a hug that I've haven't felt in so long .. 

Once he let go I didn't realize that I was still holding on to his jacket .. 

"Are you sure you are okay?" He said looking at me and then my hands that were still attached to him .. I quickly let go and backed away a little embarrassed from my sudden actions .. I nodded and smiled shyly ..

"Aniyong Jiyong, I hope to see you soon" I said and waved good-bye.

He seemed as if he was taken aback from what I said .. I didn't want to leave either .. but I have to ..

"A-Aniyong .." He said and turned around to walk away once again .. I stepped onto the sidewalk and saw him walk off .. I'll really miss him .. hopefully I'll see him again in two months ..

I sighed and walked through the big fancy, familiar doors .. once I took my first step through the door a flashback hit me..

 

 

I walked into the place and it was very fancy. The room had a romantic lighting to it and had glowing lights at each table.  They

played classical music too. The drapes on the window were big and had a cream color to it with gold decorations around it. I was

pretty surprised that Jiyong took me to this place. 

The waiter led me to our table and I sat there waiting for Jiyong. 

 

I knew this place was familiar ..

"Aniyong, have you made a reservation here before?" This waitress asked me stopping my gaze from within the restaurant ..

"Oh, neh, I believe it's under the name Park?" I smiled and looked down at the paper on the podium filled with names .. I saw her look through the list with her finger scrolling past the crossed off names until she reached mine .. Park .. hmm,  why under my name?

"Perfect, just follow me and I will lead you to your table" She said and escorted me to the table .. right in the middle of the whole restaurant .. aishh, I need to get Jiyong out of my head .. 

I saw no one there .. and I thought I was late .. 

I sat down and looked around the restaurant .. maybe this is a different one .. it just looks like the one me and Jiyong went to .. 

"If you need any help just ask for me" the waitress said and bowed. I slightly bowed and thanked her as I continued looking around the room ..

Everything is exactly the same .. why am I brought here though .. I don't want to remember Jiyong right now .. I don't want to feel any pain while I'm on this .. surprise date? ..

It's been about fifteen minutes and I'm already getting tired .. I want to sleep badly but I knew that would be inappropriate in a fancy restaurant .. I rested my palm onto my cheek for support as I closed my eyes .. then I shot up immediately because of the thought I remembered ..

I also was tired of waiting on the date with Jiyong .. I did the same exact thing .. falling asleep and then Jiyong woke me up by pushing my arm making me bang my head onto the table!

I seriously did not want that to happen again ..

I sat up straight and waited for .. anyone really .. to come. Then finally I felt a tap on my shoulder .. I turned around and saw no one .. grr, I hate when things like that happen .. I turned back around and jumped when I saw Jonghyun sitting in front of me and smiling ..

"Mianhe for coming late, did you wait long?" He asked taking off his jacket (suit) and placing it on the back of his seat ..

"Ani .. I just came .. five? minutes ago" I smiled not wanting to tell him I waited long .. I didn't want to worry him ..

"Great, so .. I'm guessing you figured out this was your surprise?" He said as he relaxed himself from where he was sitting.

"Obviously" I giggled. "But only for a date? You bring me here? This is too much" 

"Noting's too much when I'm with you" He said.

I rolled my eyes from the 'quote' he just said. "Cheesy Jonghyun" I laughed.

The waitress came by to pick up our orders. We both ordered and waited again for our food.

"So, are you happy that I brought you here?" Jonghyun said.

"Very happy! This place is so beau--" in the middle of speaking another flashback hit me ..

 

 

"Haha, so, are you happy that I brought you here?"

I looked up and saw the chandeliers shining around the whole room. The room looked like it was sparkling because of its many diamonds.

"Yes. You know it's our first date ever since the day you proposed to me?" I said giggling.

I saw his face and he looked serious. He looked to the side of him as if he was thinking of something.

"Is something wrong?" I said breaking the silence.

"Oh .. I-I'm sorry .. It's just, I feel bad for not taking you out for so long .."

I looked at him a little shocked that he said that. It's true though, It's been forever since I've gone out on a date with him.

"It's my fault anyways, I made you feel uncomfortable up until now, that's why we haven't gone out," I said as I drank my water.

He looked back at me with his serious expression again.

"Mee-Yon .. you still love me right?"

 

"Mee-Yon, are you okay? You look worried" I heard Jonghyun say as I looked back up at him .. the feeling of being in this restaurant started to make me feel more guilty ..

"Why did you bring me here specifically?" I blurted out not thinking of what I was supposed to say .. I covered my mouth once I heard myself say that.

Jonghyun half smiled and then looked down at the table ..

"Because I thought this place was perfect as a memory. You know, a perfect place to remember and say that we had our first date here" He said and drank the water in front of him ..

"Oh, well can we go somewhere else?" I asked because I really wanted to leave this restaurant .. personally, I didn't want to have my first date with Jonghyun here .. because I always remembered this place as the place where Jiyong took me out on our first date ..

His eyes widened as I said that .. he almost choked on his water but recovered when he drank more water .. funny and ironic.

"B-But .. we ordered our food and and there's more to this date!" He said and leaned closer to me as he spoke that.

He stayed positioned hovering over the table until I chose to spoke ..

"W-Well, can't you just show me the rest of your surprise at another place?" I said quietly a little scared of what he was going to do next ..

He sighed and then sat normally back into his seat. We both were quiet for awhile which regretted me from even asking him if we should go somewhere else .. It's all because I had to remember Jiyong! If it weren't for our memorable places like this then maybe me and Jonghyun could've had a decent date ..

----

SOMEWHERE ELSE!? How could she even ask to go somewhere else? I chose this place because I thought Mee-Yon would like big fancy restaurants like this! A five star restaurant, how could someone turn down a five star restaurant!? 

I frustratedly sat back down in my seat thinking of what to do ..

There's something very important I'd like to ask her here .. I even asked the whole restaurant to help out with this surprise but how can my plan work if she wants to leave?

Well I can't just force her .. I don't want to make her feel so uncomfortable on this date .. Aigo, I went through so much trouble just to make this date perfect ..

I looked up to Mee-Yon and saw her playing with her fingers on the table with an unsettled look on her face ..  sigh, I guess I'm going to have to do this 'surprise' another time ..

"Mee-Yon" I said which made her look at me still looking unhappy.

"What?" she replied and slumped back down on her seat .. I failed at making this perfect .. I didn't know she disliked fancy places so much ..

"We could do this another time .. Let's just go back home" I said and forced out a smile.

"But .. what about my surprise?" She said.

I got up from my seat and put on my jacket. "It can wait .. it seems as if I need more time to make things right" 

"I didn't mean to make this date awkward! I'll behave! We don't have to leave unless you want to" She said making me feel even more bad because it seems like shes scared of me or something ..

I shook my head and walked over to her and grabbed her bag. 

"Let's go. This could be a sign that I'm asking too soon" I smiled but then frowned .. crap.. did I just ..give it away? ..

Mee-Yon froze too and looked at me as she stood up from her seat .. I tried breaking the silence by coughing but I think I liked it better when it was quiet ..

"W-What!? Ask me? Is it--"

"LET'S GO! EUN-AE AND KEY MIGHT BE WAITING FOR US" I said grabbing her hand and pulled her out of the restaurant. Why did I say that out loud!? I hope she hasn't figured out that I was going to ask her out .. as an official couple ..

----------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh I miss updating! T-T (btw, don't u just love the title!? The FAIL date! XD haha so sad ..)

Well, HERE'S the awaited chapter you people have been craving for :D

I think .. 

Jiyong .. is .. coming .. back ? .. 

Iunno ..

Jonghyun .. and .. Mee-Yon .. a couple ?

AHHH, I seriously can't freakin' choose one ):< lol

I'm starting to confuse myself with this story -.- I hope you aren't confused .. anyways ..

Thank you SO MUCH for reading ! <3

I'd appreciate the feedback on anything really! I love comments! :D