I Miss You

Just A Distant Memory [REWRITING] -under construction 7/12/13

Still frozen in my spot. Couldn't move and all I could do is stare at what is before me ..  

"J-Jonghyun?"

"Mee-Yon!!!"

Jonghyun suddenly ran up to me and wrapped his arms around me for a big hug. Am I dreaming? You sure this is real because about seven minutes ago I was having a serious conversation with Omma that Jonghyun was DEAD! 

I didn't want to let go of his hug but he pulled away from it only to look at me. 

"Jonghyun .. is it really you?" I started to cry in disbelief. This is crazy.

He started to laugh and wipe the tears off my cheek. "The one and only." He smiled.

"B-But .... How!? .. H-How did you get here?"

"Yellow Book?"

We started to laugh. 

"Ahh, I miss you so much Jonghyun! This is really unexpected .. Why did you choose NOW just to show up!?"

"You should be excited to see me! Do you know how long it took me to search for you!?"

"You were searching for me? .. Since when?"

"A year after you left .."

That made me even cry more.  He searched for me for that long and I didn't even try? Well I was trying until Omma told me he died!

"Jonghyun .. I thought you died .."

His face was a little surprised at what I said. 

"Died!? No! I've been alive this whole time! Why did you think I died?"

"O-Omma .."

"She told you I died!?" He started to look furious.

"Yeah ! So .. they lied ..?" I looked down at the floor suspiciously .. Why would they lie to me?

"They?"

"Yeah .. Omma and Jiyong told me yo---"

I froze right after that because I just realized I broke our promise ..

 

(Flashback)

"Jonghyun .. I'll miss you so much .." I hugged Jonghyun good-bye as I was about to board the plane. 

"I'll miss you too Mee-Yon .." 

We both started to cry.

"We haven't separated like this before .." Jonghyun said still crying.

"I know .. but I promise I'll come back to Korea. It's my home!" I softly punched Jonghyun on the arm which made him laugh.

"Don't forget me, arasso!" I said.

"I would never forget you! I .." Jonghyun froze and didn't finish his sentence. 

".. Huh? You what?"

I looked at his face and saw a serious expression .. then he looked back at me.

"Promise to never leave my side Mee-Yon? Promise me that .. when you find me when you go back to Korea .. we'll be together? .. A-Arasso?" 

I stayed quiet hearing his request. We were only twelve and he's asking me this? I felt nervous about what I was going to say. But it was the truth.

"I promise Jonghyun .. When I come back to Korea I promise I will find you and then we'll be together." I smiled at him which made me tear one more time.

He started to laugh a little bit again. Then he wiped my tears away.

"Don't cry Mee-Yon. I won't see you in awhile and I don't want to remember you crying."

".. Mianhe .."

"Haha, Can you smile one last time?"

I looked at him and quickly bowed my head.

"Mee-Yo--"

"BLEEH!" I looked up and made a funny face. 

"Haha! Do you want me to remember you with that face!? Haha"

" .. YAH !"

Jonghyun quickly grabbed me and hugged me really tight. We hugged for a really long time until I heard Omma and Appa calling for me. We looked at each others faces and smiled.

"Aniyong Jonghyun!!" I screamed in his face.

"Aniyong Mee-Yon!!" he screamed back.

We hugged for the final time and I looked back up to him.

"Saranghae .." I said and then snuggled my face back on his chest.

"Sarangehae .. Mee-Yon"

(End of Flashback)

 

I looked back up at Jonghyun and saw he had a sad look on his face.

"Mee-Yon .. Have you broken our promise?..."

I couldn't speak after that. This was Omma's fault! She made me get married to Jiyong and lied to me that Jonghyun died! Why would she do that!? I had to tell Jonghyun the truth .. 

"J-Jonghyun .."

"Why did you .. break it?" He said forming tears in his eyes.

"I didn't mean to! It wasn't my fa--"

"Mianhe .. for coming unexpectedly for a visit .. enjoy your new life Mee-Yon .."

Jonghyun turned around and walked away from the door. I started to burst out crying and I ran after him hugging him from behind and hugging him tight.

"Yah! Jonghyun! I'm not letting you go that easily! You came to visit me right? You miss me right? Why are you leaving already!?"

"BECAUSE! You didn't come back for me! You didn't find me instead you stayed in America and found someone else!"

"I-I didn't find anyone .."

"Then who's Jiyong!?"

We both stayed silent for awhile. I didn't know how to explain everything to him. 

"H-He's my soon to be husband--"

"WHAT!?"

"WAIT! Let me finish! ... I'll explain everything starting now .."

"Okay, explain then .."

" I actually WAS trying to find you Jonghyun! You don't even know how much I searched for you! I came back to Korea about three years ago .. I went to your old house .. tried contacting friends .. searched jobs that you could possibly be hired in. But nothing! I didn't give up searching until my Omma told me we had to go back home .. when we finally arrived home she told me that you died .. I've been depressed for so long that my Appa found me a guy for me to marry. Sort of like arranged marriage .. and that was Jiyong .. he was nice and caring .. Omma tried everything she could to make me .. forget you .. so I could move on .. I was living my life as a lie! So don't leave me! I don't want to lose you again!" I kept sobbing while saying that and I tried looking to see how Jonghyun reacted but I couldn't see his face.

"Do you mean what you say Mee-Yon?" His voice sounded shaky .. 

"Of course Jonghyun! .. remember the day I had to board the plane? Remember what I said? .. I said saranghae and I meant it!"

He turned around so that I could face him. His eyes were red and all watery and his face was wet because of his tears. 

"Jonghyun? .." 

We kept staring into each others eyes until he kissed me.. I closed my eyes and kissed him back.. We stayed like that until we heard a strange noise that sounded like it was above us .. We walked back into the house and said that he could stay in the guest bedroom. I couldn't wait to show Omma that Jonghyun was alive and that she was such a liar ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Does my story so far ? ):