Omma ..

Just A Distant Memory [REWRITING] -under construction 7/12/13

I sat up in our bed because I couldn't sleep from what happened last night. Even up till now I had this shocking feeling inside of me. Something's telling me that Jonghyun is alive. I just know it. I'm kind of upset that Jiyong thought I was mentally ill or something, that I needed to see a psychiatrist for help. Ugh, the nerve of that guy.

I looked to my side watching Jiyong sleep like a baby. I liked seeing him sleep because he just looks so peaceful and cute! I wonder why he's not supporting my thought that Jonghyun's alive. Is he really that jealous of him or what's going on?

I needed to talk to someone about this. I wanted to go call up Eun-Ae but I wouldn't want to wake her up. No one wants to help me about my problem! Sigh ..

I slowly and quietly got out of bed not wanting to wake him up. I headed downstairs to go get a quick snack to distract myself from thinking. Unfortunately, that didn't work.  Apparently, I made too much noise causing me to wake up someone. I carefully slumped down in the chair sliding farther and farther underneath the table. I didn't want to be seen awake at such a late time.

I saw the lights turn on and my eyes started to widen. Aishh .. how can I escape this I'm going to get in so much trouble!

"Mee-Yon?" I heard Omma say from across the table. I think I saw her spot me because I saw her standing in the same position across from where I was as I looked under the table. 

"Mee-Yon, I could see you now sit up!"

I slowly pushed myself up from the chair and looked at her awkwardly.

"Why were you sitting like that?"

"U-Uhm .. The chair was .. slippery?" Wow, that was such a lame excuse.

"How is it slippery? There's no plastic covering on it." 

Dangit, the womans getting on to me.

"I-I .. GAH, okay .. I came downstairs because I couldn't sleep and I had a lot on my mind."

"Are you stressed? Huh? What's wrong?" Omma pulled out a chair and sat next to me caressing the back of my head. Hmm, I thought I would've been yelled at and lectured by now. 

"I ... Omma, please believe my words .." I said staring at the table hoping she won't think that I was crazy because of what I was going to say next.

"Of course dear, now what's wrong?"

"I ... I saw .. I saw Jonghyun!"

I quickly looked up to see her reaction and all I saw was blank and shocked. 

"It might sound crazy but .. I saw him Omma."

At first she couldn't speak but then I saw her move her lips. Hopefully she'll understand ..

"You .. saw Jonghyun?" She said blankly.

"Yes, and I know that I wasn't hallucinating or anything! I saw him standing at a corner of a street last night when I went on my date with Jiyong, I started to chase after him but then he was out of my sight. I saw his eyes .. his same hair .. It looked just like Jonghyun .." I almost started to tear up until my mom reached for my face and pulled the hair out of my eyes.

"Honey, I think .. you just miss him so much that your starting to see things." she said making me kind of disappointed with her response.

"I'm sure you right Omma, but that figure just seemed so real .."

"In yours eyes he might have seemed real, but to others .. it could've just been a ghost," she said laughing.

"Others?" I said confused.

"Yes, you were with Jiyong right? Did he see Jonghyun?"

".. A-Ani .."

"You see. Just a figment of your imagination!"

"OMMA! Please .. your bringing me down. I had high hopes that he was .. back."

"Aigo .. stop believing that he'll come back .. remember what I told you! He died in a plane accident? I went to the hospital to check on him and the doctors told me that he was dead. Arasso? Now go back to bed." Omma stood up from the chair and was about to leave the kitchen until I grabbed her hand. She turned back around stunned.

"Omma .. how come you didn't invite me to come see Jonghyun in the hospital?" 

Silence filled the room and she just looked speechless. Like she was hiding something.

"I .. couldn't contact you." Mee-Yon's mom's voice started to sound a little shaky.

"You sure you couldn't? Did you know where I was?"

"Ani .."

I stood up from my chair and looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Y-You sure .. he died? Was it just you who went to the hospital? Why didn't you tell anyone to come?" My voice started to tremble. I was becoming curious to why she sounds so uncomfortable talking about this.

"Omm--"

"YAH! .. GO BACK TO BED!"

After that I saw her storm out of the kitchen upset and back to her room. I heard her door slam upstairs.  What is she hiding? I'm interested in what's going on now. She didn't invite anyone to come to the hospital .. she didn't tell anyone this until a week later after the incident .. We didn't even go to a funeral!? 

I ran upstairs to my room to ask Jiyong if he knew anything. I jumped on my bed making Jiyong slowly wake up.

"Mee-Yon? What happened? Why do you look so worried?" Jiyong said as he sat up on the bed with a concerned look on his face.

"Jiyong .. do you know anything about Jonghyun? His death?"

I saw his eyes widen a bit and then he became calm and laid down. 

"ahh, go back to bed .. you need some re--"

"JIYONG! What do you know!?" I started to tear up because it became pretty obvious that Omma and Jiyong were hiding something from me.

"I .. can't explain." He started to look worried but just closed his eyes to sleep again.

".. Why are you guys hiding secrets?" 

He looked at me and started to giggle.

"It's for your own good Mee-Yon now sleep."

I bit my lower lip holding my anger back and from slapping him vigorously until he told me the truth. I wanted to know everything, I needed to know the truth. What's so wrong about this 'secret' anyways? Are they afraid I might run away ..  

Until tomorrow, I decided to take a nap and discuss this later. Once I closed my eyes and started to drift off into a nice sleep I heard the doorbell ring. Urrg, who would be here so late!?

I got out of bed again and went to the door. I looked outside the peep-hole to check who it was standing outside. I couldn't see anyone...

"Ugh .. ding-dong ditchers?" I mumbled to myself.

I opened the door leaving my mouth and eyes wide open. Now I knew for sure that  I wasn't hallucinating ...

----------------------------------------------------------------

this chapter seemed eh .. hahha I left it suspenseful though at the end muhahaha ! (x

it's pretty predictable already to know who it is, yes? (: maybe ..