Jaded Diva Chapter 8

Jaded Diva

 

Chapter 8

 

The work studio was like a war zone.

 

Piles of paper and files can be seen stacking all around the floor and table leaving very minimal space for walking. Several pieces of clothes can be found crumpled and scattered on the small sofa located at the far corner since Heechul had the tendency to sleepover every now and then and overworking himself.

 

Heechul had his puffy red eyes hidden behind a pair of big black-framed glasses as he scanned through the different proposed wedding invitation card designs that Donghae passed to him that morning.

 

He was trying very hard to concentrate on this work despite a grumpy Donghae complaining nonstop in the background since he stepped into the studio in the morning.

 

“Hyung… I seriously don’t understand why do you have to take up another project? Aren’t we busy enough? I don’t even have time for my Hyukkie anymore… What if someone else snatch him away from me due to my frequent absence?!” Donghae gasped in horror at his own thoughts and whined childishly.

 

Heechul looked up from the mess on his desk and rolled his eyes at the annoying Donghae in his drama-queen-in-action-mode, eyes as wide as goldfish and pacing anxiously within the limited walk space.

 

“Yah. No ing man or woman who are in the right mind will be interested in your Hyukkie. Anyway, he is not even yours to begin with.” Heechul deadpanned.

 

“HYUNG!” Donghae was about to protest when Heechul cut him straight.

 

“Anyway, It’s a ing easy project and it pays extremely well. Plus they are giving us 3 long months to plan. It’s a ing good deal. So chill and I am very sure no one will want to touch your monkey.” Heechul said casually, shifting his focus away from the flustered Donghae back to the designs on hand as he recalled his exchange with Siwon yesterday.

 

“I am here for business today.”

 

Heechul raised an eyebrow in question. “What kind of business? Is your company going to have another corporate event?” he asked.

 

“Some thing like that. But the concept will be slightly different. We are going to have a launch party. Instead of our usual grand black-tie event, this launch party will be fun loving and on a much smaller scale.” Siwon stated as per matter of fact.

 

Heechul was about to open his mouth to speak when Siwon ignored his attempt and continued, “I know you are handling too many projects right now but the event won’t be happening till 3 months later, so take your time. I will be helping you along the way. And the commission is good.”

 

“How good?” Heechul raised an eyebrow, curious how generous will the company be this time round.

 

“10 Million won.”

 

Donghae let out a loud dramatic sigh and snapped Heechul out from his thoughts.

 

Heechul looked up irritated and found Donghae seated back at his work desk with tons of sketches spread messily in front of him, pencil in hand but not doing anything but sulk and pout.

 

Aish! This kid is seriously driving me insane! AHHHH! it.

 

Heechul stood up abruptly and dragged Donghae by the collar out of the studio.

 

“H-Hyung! Let me go! What are you doing?” Donghae was shocked by the sudden attack and tried to pry Heechul’s fingers off his collar as he stumbled all the way out of the studio.

 

Once they were in the carpark, Heechul released his grip. “Get in the car now.”

 

“W-W-Where are we going hyung?” Donghae asked in fear, since he know that Heechul must be extremely mad at him to use any form of violence on him, even the slightest form because Heechul dotes him too much to want to hurt him - physically.

 

“To your monkey.”

 

“R-R-Really?” Donghae shouted in surprised and couldn’t help throw himself onto Heechul and plant a big kiss on the latter’s cheek. “I love you so much hyung! You are the best! Jjiang!”

 

Aish. This kid. Seriously.

 

“You coming or not?” Heechul already hopped into his car and growled when he found Donghae still standing outside the car with his silly grin.

 

“Y-Yes hyung!” Donghae hopped in immediately.

 

15 minutes later, they found themselves standing outside Minnie Min’s Strawberry Paradise!

 

Donghae couldn’t wait for another second. He skipped into the café and announced his arrival, “Hyukkie~~~! Come out and welcome me~~~!”

 

Heechul rolled his eyes at the childish attention-seeking Donghae. He was about to let himself into the café when he bumped into someone carrying a tray filled with drinks and cakes.

 

The tray dropped on the floor with a loud clash and the figure took a few steps back, gasping in horror at the state of Heechul. His designer white shirt was stained with coffee and smeared with creams from the cakes. Some of those creams managed to find their way to his face and hair.

 

“YAH! WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU! THIS SHIRT IS ING NEW!” Heechul shrieked while looking down at his shirt.

 

Sungmin emerged from the kitchen followed by Eunhyuk and Donghae when they heard the commotion.

 

“Oh my god… Hyung! Are you alright?” Sungmin came running towards the mess, sounding concern. He took some tissue paper trying to wipe the mess off Heechul and cast a glance at the dumbfounded figure, signaling him to apologize or do something or anything about the situation.

 

The latter recovered from his shock and got the hint. “I-I-I am s-so s-s-sorry! So s-s-orry…” he stammered and kept apologizing and bowing.

 

Heechul was boiling in anger. When he finally looked up, Heechul narrowed his eyes on the man bowing continuously at him but because he was bowing at a rapid speed, Heechul could not see his face.

 

Trying to be helpful, Sungmin spoke up to ease the tension. “H-Hankyung, it is enough.” He smacked his arms lightly to stop him from bowing further.

 

When the said man finally looked up, Heechul saw an unfamiliar handsome face, which was now covered with panicked.

 

Heechul thought he would flare his temple like usual but surprisingly, the presence of this man had somehow had a weird calming effort over him. He couldn’t explain but his anger subsides a little.

 

I don’t remember seeing him before around the café. But… His funny accent sounds… Familiar?

 

Sungmin looked at Heechul, surprised at his rather unusual calm reaction. He took the opportunity and introduce the two before his beloved hyung suddenly decide to explode.

 

“H-Hyung, this is Hankyung. He’s Kyu’s friend from China. Today’s his first day here… And Hankyung, this is Heechul hyung.” Sungmin tried to sooth the situation by putting on his cute voice and smile.

 

Hankyung gave a nervous smile and Heechul simply nodded in annoyance, his frown never left his brow.

 

Suddenly Hankyung’s face lit up in delight as he remembered something. “Oh! It was you yesterday! We bumped into each other! Remember?” HanKyung smile widely forgetting the earlier tension and Heechul’s expression suddenly turned dark, extremely dark.

 

Donghae who was hiding behind the cake display with Eunhyuk heard the conversation and let out a soft worried mumble, “Oh no… Not him…”

 

Heechul expression turn darker as the second passed.

 

“So it was YOU WHO LEFT MY BEAUTIFUL THOSE UGLY BRUISES!”

 

Heechul accused.

Hankyung was lost.

Sungmin and Eunhyuk form an O with their mouth.

And Donghae…

 

“Oh no hyung… That just sounds so wrong…”

 

★★★★★

 

Extremely long chapter! (at least my longest thus far..)

Hanchul finally met! Officially!

Oh well, spend some time and let me know how you guys feel about this story so far? :p 

p.s. I am pissed off now because I accidentally hit the back button and.. you know ):

Anyway, thank you for reading!