Jaded Diva Chapter 18

Jaded Diva

Chapter 18

A dark aura seems to hang around the work studio. The air was thick and difficult to breathe. At two extreme ends of the work studio sat two troubled figures with their heads hung down.

 

It has been an hour since they were in the exact same state.

 

Donghae sat with his head hung low. His usual neatly styled hair was in a hug mess, hair sticking out in all different direction. His shirt was stained and beyond creased. His eyes were hollow. Bead of sweat trickled down his flushed cheeks to his neck and finally absorbed by his shirt. His shirt was soaking wet and in fact, he kind of stink.

 

At the other extreme corner, Heechul stole another quick glance at his phone for the thousand times. Yet the phone was still silent. Not even a ring from any of his irritating customers. His frown deepened as he stared hard at his motionless phone. His blood was boiling in anger and frustration. One thing Heechul hates the most is to wait.

 

you! If you are not ringing in the next 10 seconds I am going to throw you down the ing building!

 

Heechul stared harder at the phone and started his count down.

 

10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3…

 

y, free and single I’m ready too bingo~ ♬
y, free and single I’m ready too bingo~ ♬

 

Heechul bolted up from his chair and grab his dead phone.

 

No. Not mine. Pabo! I don’t even use this ringtone! Aish!

 

Heechul glanced over at the startled Donghae who was eyeing his ringing phone with a face of uncertainty and fear.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes in irritation. “Donghae, your phone is ringing.”

 

Donghae reached out for his phone with shaking hands, a look of distress washed across his face. He simply stared at his ringing phone that was screaming for attention.

 

“Yah! Just answer your ing phone! Be glad it rang at all!” Heechul shrieked.

 

Finally Donghae answered his phone and stuttered. “H-H-Hello? A-Ahh. Y-Y-Yes. Huh? WHAT?! OKAY I WILL BE RIGHT THERE!”

 

Donghae slapped his phone shut before turning towards the now curious Heechul.

 

“Yah. What happened?”

 

“Hyung, can you give me a lift to Sungmin’s café? Please?” Heechul wanted to ask more but the desperate tone in Donghae’s voice and his worried face held him back.

 

“Okay. Let’s go.”

 

I got a sneaky little bastard to catch there anyway.

 

“Thank you hyung!” Donghae dashed over and gave Heechul a big bear hug.

 

“Damn Donghae! ing let go! You ing stink to the core! What did you do last night! You smell like sweat and… Aish! Did you even shower!” Heechul pushed Donghae off and pinched his nose. His face scrunched up with disgust.

 

Donghae’s face turned into a bright red tomato in an instant. “I-I-I… Aish! Just hurry hyung… Please…”

 

Meanwhile at Minnie Min’s Strawberry Paradise!, someone seems to be high on drugs.

 

From the corner of the café, Sungmin watched the high-spirited Hankyung with suspicious eyes and his lips curled into a smirk. Hankyung had been grinning like an idiot the whole morning. He was whistling and practically dancing and hopping around the whole café. He was still spinning and waltzing around with his mop when he saw Eunhyuk strolled into the café.

 

“Good morning Hyuk!” Hankyung beamed brightly and gave a little wave but his cheerful face fell when he saw that Eunhyuk’s eyes were red and swollen and he was no doubt sniffling a little as he walked passed.

 

Sungmin saw the sniffling Eunhyuk and dashed out immediately.

 

“Hyuk! What happened? Is everything alright?” Sungmin asked with deep concern. Eunhyuk jumped a little when Sungmin placed his hands gently on his shoulders. With an awkward forced smile, Eunhyuk brushed Sungmin’s hands off.

 

“Oh… M-m-morning… S-s-sorry I am late… Y-Yes. I-I-I-I am f-fine. I will go change now…” Eunhyuk mumbled and made his way slowly towards the changing room, locking himself in.

                                                                                                          

Sungmin pursed his lips together and his forehead crease into a frown as he pressed his ears onto the door of the changing room.

 

Damn. Why is Hyuk crying alone in there?

 

Sungmin jumped a little when Hankyung tapped his shoulders. “Jesus! Hankyung, don’t scare me like that!” Sungmin said between his gritted teeth.

 

“I am sorry. But Min is everything all right with Hyuk? Is… Is he crying?” Hankyung gave an apologetic half smile and asked.

 

Sungmin hushed and signal Hankyung to follow him.

 

Once in Sungmin’s office, Hankyung saw the white box sitting on Sungmin’s table.

 

“Oh! That is-”

 

“Yes, yours. I found it lying on the floor this morning with the teddy bear and candles. You make quite a mess huh.” Sungmin chuckled and pass the box back to Hankyung.

 

“Umm. Sorry and thanks for helping me clear up the mess.” Hankyung hid his face behind the box and murmured.

 

“So how was the date last night?”

 

Hankyung let out a soft sigh before a shy smile crept across his face. “Umm. It was-”

 

Hankyung was about to tell his story when they heard the door crept open revealing an obviously-just-finished-crying Eunhyuk, with his puffy eyes, red nose and flushed face.

 

“Hyu-hyung…” he hiccupped and stumbled into the office towards the two, rubbing his cute red nose.

 

Oh my poor Hyuk. I wonder what happened last night…

 

Sungmin quickly scrambled towards the fragile looking Eunhyuk and gave him a big warm brotherly hug. “Oh Hyuk, everything will be fine. Is there something you want to talk about?”

 

Eunhyuk shook his head in defiant. Minutes passed with all three of them in the office staring at the floor, Eunhyuk was still clinging onto Sungmin like a kola bear as the latter pat his head lovingly.

 

This can’t go on. My business needs to carry on as usual! Damn that culprit!

 

“Hyuk, why don’t you go down with Hankyung and prepare the café for opening? I will be down in a minute. There is an urgent phone call I need to make. Ok?” Sungmin cleared his throat and broke the silence in his sweetest voice, soothing his kola bear.

 

Eunhyuk sniffled and nodded his head as Hankyung took the latter hands and guided him towards the door. “Come on Hyuk, I’ll make you some hot strawberry milk.” Hankyung tried to cheer up the latter and succeeded since Eunhyuk eyes sparkled at the mention of that hot strawberry milk.

 

After 20 minutes, Eunhyuk mood improved slightly. A small gummy smile escape as he happily sipping his warm and delicious strawberry milk with whipped cream and chopped fresh strawberries while watching Hankyung and Sungmin prepare the café for the first crowd to arrive.

 

This strawberry milk Hankyung make is so delicious! My hyungs sure dotes on me… Unlike someone!

 

Eunhyuk puffed his cheeks at his thoughts when suddenly the door of the café was slammed wide open, revealing a panting Donghae.

 

Eunhyuk dropped his glass of milk causing the glass to shatter around his feet. His breathing quicken and his body started to shake in fear.

 

“Hyuk…Hyukkie…” Donghae pulled the tensed Eunhyuk into his tight embrace. Burying his face into the crook of the latter and kept whispering words of apology.

 

“I am sorry. I am sorry. I am so so so sorry hyukkie… Please… Please forgive me… I-I-I-I love you so so so so so much! Please-”

 

“Y-Y-You-”

 

HUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Eunhyuk burst into tears sending all of them into a state of shock.

 

★★★★★

Can someone please explain to me what did I just write?

Boo! Kill me ): Let's hope the next chapter makes more sense..
(I already know what to write but I am pretty sure it will be a pain to write arghhhhh!)

Anyway, it's Eunhae for the next chapter so stay tune if you are into Eunhae moments~ ^^

Thank you for all the comments and welcome new subscribes! I love you all for the support and encouragement ♥