Jaded Diva Chapter 12

Jaded Diva

Chapter 12

Heechul's POV

Why. Did. I. Kiss. Him. Back?

 

I banged my fists on the table the umpteen times, venting my frustration when I heard a knock on the door. I lifted my head up from the desk and narrow my eyes on the stranger as Donghae move to the door in a swift motion.

 

“Hi. Good afternoon. Can I help you?” Donghae’s cute pout vanished and was replaced by a professional smile as he greeted the man at the door politely.

 

“I am here to deliver this parcel for a Mr. Kim Heechul. Is there such a person here?” the deliveryman asked.

 

I raised my brows in surprised.

 

A parcel for me?

 

“Yes. Just pass it to me. Thank you.” I heard Donghae said and saw him signed the acknowledgement invoice and bid the deliveryman goodbye carrying the parcel to me.

 

He put the parcel on my desk gently and I saw excitement lit up in his eyes.

 

“Hyung! You got a parcel! Who is it from? What is inside? Why are you not opening?” being the typical nosy Donghae, he questioned impatiently and poking and shaking the parcel once in a while.

 

I just sat in my chair, not moving and that’s when he started his annoying whine.

 

“Hyung~~~~~ Hyung~~~~~~ I want to see what’s inside~~~~”

 

“Aish! Stop hyung-ing me!” I look up reluctantly and eyed the parcel with curious eyes.

 

I reached for the parcel and it revealed an expensive looking box and I inhaled sharply when my eyes laid on the content inside the box.

 

"OMO HYUNG~~~~ WOWWWWWWW" Donghae drooled with his goldfish eyes filled with envious.

 

Inside the box was an extremely beautiful black gown with black pearls and diamonds sewn onto it. It sparkles under the light like stars twinkle in the sky. I brush my fingers lightly across the gown. The material was so soft and comfortable. It looks so elegant and delicate.

 

It was beautiful.

 

The beauty of the gown mesmerized me.

 

But the good feeling came as fast as it went, and soon I am boiling with anger.

 

But… I am not a ing girl! Damn the person who plays this prank!

 

“Hyung… There’s a card! What does it say? Who send the dress?” Donghae pointed at the small card, his voice filled with excitement.

 

Oh right! There is a card!

 

I was too mesmerized by the beauty of the gown to notice the card. I reach out for the card and took a deep breath before reading the content.

 

For the most beautiful man I ever laid my eyes on~
This dress is my apology for dirtying your designer shirt.
Anyway, you will look more gorgeous in dresses than pants.
I missed your soft plump y lips already~

Hugs and kisses.

Love, Hankyung

p.s. boiling with anger? You know where to find me~

 

What. The. .

 

I slammed that card and stuff the gown back into the box and stomped out of the office.

 

“Where are you going with that dress hyung? Are you trying it out? Omo! You will look beautiful!” Donghae giggled to himself.

 

I halt my footstep and gave him my scary death glared and his face fell. “LEE.DONG.HAE. Don’t you try to be funny.” I threatened and his body and expression stiffened immediately.

 

“S-Sorry hyung… I..I..I..” He apologized with his cute pout and I left without another word.

 

I sped down the highway and within minutes I was outside the café.

 

I grabbed the box and stomped out of my car towards the entrance.

 

Wait. Is the café… closed?

 

I frowned and walked closer to the café and peek inside through the side window. It was dark and empty.

 

That’s weird. The café never close at such early hours!

 

There were faint lights flickering in the dark. I decided to venture into the café anyway. I hesitated before pushing the door a little and to my surprised it cracked open.

 

“H-h-hello, anyone here…? S-Sungmin…? Monk..ey…” my voice trailed and the box together with the dress fell with a loud thud on the floor when I reached the source of faint light.

 

I froze at the sight in front of me as romantic classical melody started playing softly in the background filling the whole café.

 

Colourful teacup candles were circled around a small round table covered with silky white tablecloth. On the table were plates of delicious looking food and snacks. There was also a bottle of wine and two glasses too. By the side of the table sat a big and white fluffy teddy bear hugging a bouquet of refreshing looking sunflowers and an elegant white box decorated with a pretty red ribbon butterfly bow.

 

It was beautiful but…

 

My heart was thumping so hard against my ribcage that it hurt so bad I thought I am dying. And I was breathing so hard and fast, I felt like I am hyperventilating. Tears clouded my vision and my lips trembled but I am determined not to let those tears fall ever again. I was feeling dizzy, my vision doubled and my world seems to be spinning and spinning.

 

The white fluffy teddy bear and sunflowers looks so innocent and beautiful but to me, they seem to be mocking me.

 

My knees gave way and I felt myself going to crumple to the ground but I never reached the hard cold floor because a pair of warm arms reached me on time, hugging me from behind…

 

★★★★★

 

Mid-week updates! ...and that means weekends are coming soon!!! (...positive thinking~)

Let's welcome the new subscribers! <3

...and I really want to thank all my lovely readers that always leave lovely comments! you know who you are *wink* <3

More updates over the weekends! Promise! Next 2 chapters already on the wayyyy ^^