Happy Prune Juice Day

Mr & Mrs Kwon Ji-Yong: Vita Dolce Moderato

Seoul, 25 May 2009
 


"Baby girl! Baby girl, where are you?" I call out as soon as I step inside her apartment. "In the bathroom!" I hear her yell back. I giggle; what a lazy girl, it's almost lunch time and she's only taking a shower now? Tsk, tsk… I grab a box of juice from the fridge and make myself comfortable on the couch while watching TV.
 


"Wow, just wow! Sitting with your feet on my coffee table, you think this is your parents' house, huh?" she shakes her head and puts her hands on her waist. I remove my feet from the table and smile sheepishly at her. It's true that I think of this apartment almost like my own. A few days ago, Ga-In hung up an extra toothbrush holder on her bathroom mirror, and I took it as an invitation for me to start leaving a few of my personal things here. I've been spending nights here quite often, of course with the help of my members, who have been kind enough to cover for me to our manager.
 


"Omo! You drank my prune juice? That was the last one! Yah! I wanted to drink that!!!" she points at the drink with her chest heaving up and down. What's gotten into her? She's upset over some prune juice?

"Baby girl, it's just prune juice, why are you--"

"Yes, but it was MY prune juice! And you drank it without MY permission!" she raises her voice. Something's definitely up with her. She sighs heavily and goes to the kitchen to throw the empty box of juice in the bin.
 


"What's the matter?" I hug her from behind when she starts wiping the kitchen table. She's being weird; the table is already clean, so why is she like this? She stops her action and escapes my embrace. She sighs again and opens the fridge, only to slam the door closed after a few seconds. This is confusing; is she mad? Mad about what? About me drinking her prune juice? I look closely at her from where I stand. She walks around in her bathrobe while sighing every once in a while. Damn, this day is off to a bad start, unlike what I've planned.
 


We've been sitting silently in the living room. She positions herself on the couch so her back is facing me. Aigoo… what the hell is wrong with her! She's clearly annoyed, it's proven by the way she's been flipping the TV channels like a madman. "Alright. Go get dressed and we'll go to a prune juice factory to buy you a gallon of it," I tug at her sleeve. She glares at me and kicks her legs around on the couch. As much as I think she looks so cute right now, I can't stand being ignored by her.

"Are you constipated, baby girl? Is that why you really wanted to drink the prune juice?" I ask gently.

She throws the remote control at me, "I feel constipated by looking at your face, you ugly dragon!!!"

I want to laugh so hard at her remark, but I control myself, in fear of what she might throw at me later if I laugh out loud. She continues walking around her apartment like a crazy person. I'm not worried that she's mad at me. I know that she won't be mad over something as little as a box of prune juice. We talked on the phone until late last night, and she sounded just fine. Something must've happened thi morning.
 


"YAH! What are you doing? Put me down now!!!" she screams angrily when I pick her up bridal-style. I lay her down on the bed, and when she tries to get up, I hover above her body.

"Go away!" she pokes my forehead with her finger. "No. I won't move until you tell me what's wrong with you," I lean my face closer to her and she growls.

"I know this isn't about prune juice, baby girl, so tell me what it's about," I coo. She looks away, and after a while, she finally answers, "my stomach hurts." She pouts and I start to feel worried. Is she really constipated?
 


"It's not constipation," she speaks after a few minutes, "I'm on my period. I woke up this morning with a bad cramp. Sorry I took it out on you…" Ah, I finally get it now. She's having a visit from her little friend, that's why she's so cranky. I run into her bathroom to find something. I sit on the bed, next to her lying body, and untie her bathrobe. She's reluctant at first but finally caves in, most likely not having the energy to fight back.

To my horror, underneath the robe, she's only wearing a tight tank-top and a pair of really short shorts. Oh dear God, this is a test, isn't it? I'm not going to lie, I've thought about making love to her one too many times before. But this is a girl who doesn't even like skinship, and she's never shown me that she wants to do 'it', so I didn't want to be disrespectful. I have needs, but if she's not going to help me with them, I'm happy enough to help myself.
 


Her soft whimpers snaps me out of my thoughts. "I'll rub this on your belly, ok? You'll feel better soon," I rub the heat ointment all over her tummy. Having an older sister has taught me this trick. She pulls down the hem of her tank-top down after I finish, "Ji-Yong ah, thank you."

I kiss her forehead, "you should've just told me, baby girl." I lie myself down beside her and rest my head on her stomach.
 

 


"I'm ready. Let's go now, I'm famished," she comes out of her closet all dressed up. She looks like she's feeling a lot better now. I hold her hand and lead her downstairs to my car.

"Can we have noodle soup for lunch? I want something warm," she asks while buckling her seatbelt. I smile widely, "anything you want, baby girl." We drive in silence. I heard from Da-Mi noona that girls get irritated easily when they're having their period. Hence, in order to avoid any glitch on this special day, I keep my mouth shut. It seems like Ga-In appreciates the quietness, too. She sits comfortably in her seat with a smile on her face.
 


We go to a tiny restaurant in an alley at Hongdae. There are only two other customers inside, both are old people, who I doubt will recognize us. I feel happy when I see my girlfriend eating a lot of food. "Don't tell anyone about this, I'm supposed to be dieting," she says while munching on her noodles.

I grin at her and wipe the bits of food around , "I'm taking you somewhere after this, is that ok?" She beams, "you can take me anywhere when I'm full!" I laugh and pinch her cheek. She's too adorable!
 


"Pet shop?!" her jaw drops when I park my car in front of a small pet shop in Dowon-dong. I hop down and open her door, but she doesn't budge. She whines when I try to unbuckle her seatbelt, "Ji-Yong ah, why are we in a pet shop?"

"To look at puppies, of course, why else would we be here? Are you scared of puppies?" I decided to take her here because I thought looking at cute puppies would cheer her up.

She sighs poutingly, "puppies don't like me…" I smile and rub her arm, "come on, let's just go in. Just for a second, hmm? Please?" She finally unbuckles her seatbelt and walk behind me into the petshop.
 


It's proven to be true, though, puppies and Son Ga-In do NOT get along. We try holding different puppies, but all of them whimper and wriggle uncomfortably in her arms. Even the store manager tells her that she might not be a dog person. She defends herself by saying that she likes dogs, but dogs hate her.

"It's ok, baby girl, let's get out of here," I hold out my hand to her. She's standing at the back of the store looking at another glass case. She taps her finger on the case and talks cutely, "hey, little one. Are you lonely in there, hmm?"

I walk closer and see a weird-looking brown puppy sleeping on a pillow inside the case. "So cute, right?" she grins. She lets out an 'aww' when the puppy wobbles and yawns.
 


"Ahjussi, can I hold this one, please?" she asks the store manager. The man smiles slightly, "are you sure, miss? This one might not like you--"

"Please give me another chance, ahjussi!" she begs, causing me to giggle at her act. The store manager brings the puppy out of the cage and Ga-In stretches out her hands to hold him. Amazingly, the puppy seems to like her; it her chin and wiggles its tail in happiness.

"Omo! He likes me! Look at this, Ji-Yong ah! This is a miracle puppy!" she laughs cheerfully. I laugh as well and the puppy's head. The little guy is obviously enjoying the attention my girlfriend is giving him.

"Waaah! I'm so happy! Thank you, cutie pie, for breaking the curse," she holds up the puppy and gives him a kiss. She brings him into her embrace again and rocks her body from side to side, as if nursing a crying baby. I feel warmth creeping inside of me; it's a really beautiful scene.
 


"It's a male Shar Pei, almost 4 weeks old," the store manager nudges my side, startling me. "Believe it or not, he always scuffles when customers try holding him, that's why nobody has bought him yet," he adds, "but he seems to love your girlfriend. Maybe she's right, it's a miracle." The man chuckles and goes back to Ga-In to take the puppy.

"Thank you for letting me hold him, ahjussi! He's really cute, he looks like a grandpa," she giggles delightedly. The puppy begins mewling when she hands him to the store manager. Did the little guy get attached to my girlfriend already? Omo...
 


"Excuse me, ahjussi. I'll buy him!" I blurt out when the man is about to put the puppy back in its case.

"Eh?! Ji-Yong ah, really? You're going to buy him? Waaah!" Ga-In squeals with joy, as if she just won the lottery. I nod my head and ruffle her hair. I love seeing her so happy, and the puppy looks pretty cute. Also, today is special, so why the hell not.

"Come here, little guy," Ga-In takes him in her arms again. The dog stops whimpering and nuzzles his head in the crook of her neck. "I love you already!" she his back and kisses the top of his head.
 


"So, you can come back here in 3 days to take him, I'll take care of the certificates and his first vaccination. I'll inform you about the rest when you come back," the manager informs us. I listen carefully to all his explanations, while Ga-In is too immersed in talking to the puppy. I make the payment, Ga-In gives the puppy back, and we get out of the pet store.
 


"I already have a name for him," I utter while driving away from the place. "Really? What is it? I know it's your pet, but please don't give him a tacky name. He's a miracle dog, after all," she replies.

"Ga… Ho," I enunciate.

"Hmm?" she crinkles her eyebrows.

I hold her hand in mine, "Ga-Ho. That's his name."

"Why Ga-Ho? What does Ga-Ho mean?" she asks. "There's no meaning. The wrinkles on his body make him look angry all the time, so it reminds me of you. Your name is Ga-In, so his name will be Ga-Ho," I explain.

She smacks my arm, "yah! Are you saying that I look old?!" She's really clueless, isn't she? I laugh inwardly.

"No, Miss Cranky-pants. I saw how he loved being in your arms. You looked like you were holding a baby. So, he should be named after his mom, right? And my stage name starts with a G, too. I'll be the daddy and you'll be the mommy," I pat her thigh gently. Her face flushes hotly and she looks out the window, causing me to smirk at her shyness. Aww, Little Miss Cranky is now happy, huh?
 

 


"Let's go, baby girl, we have somewhere else to be," I pull her hand to get her up from the dining table after we finish dinner. "Yah, where are we going again?" she whines.

"To the prune juice factory. We need to stock up, I don't want you to get angry at me again just because I drink the last of your damn prune juice," I say teasingly. She rolls her eyes, "yah, I told you I snapped. Why are you bringing it up again?"

"Just kidding. Let's go now and don't ask too many questions," I grab her handbag and quickly lead her outside her apartment.
 


"Remember the last time we went here?" I ask her as we sit down on the grassy ground facing Banpo Bridge. She nods and smiles widely. Soon, the fountain show starts. While the show is still going, I hold her hand, "I've liked you since then, baby girl."

She looks confused by my remark. I reach inside my pocket and slip something into her hand, "Happy 100th Day, Son Ga-In…"
 


Her eyes widen and is agape when she sees what's in her hand, "J-Ji-Yong ah… These--"

"Yup. These are for us. One for you and one for me," I cut in.

"They're beautiful. I… Err… I'm sorry I forgot what today was," she hangs her head low. I figured as much. I've expected that she wouldn't remember, but I don't mind at all. This is clueless Son Ga-In, after all.

"I'm such a bad girlfriend. You're my first boyfriend and I couldn't even remember our 100th day," she sulks. I pull her head to my chest, "it's not a big deal. I remembered, didn't I? So, we can still celebrate it."

"But still--"

"hey, it's ok, baby girl. Don't worry about it, really."
 


"I promise I won't forget our 200th day, Ji-Yong ah," she mutters softly after the fountain show ends. I smile after hearing her words, "can I put the ring on you?" She nods and I slip the ring into her finger.

I bought this pair of Cartier couple ring a week ago and had them engraved. Da-Mi noona helped me pick up the rings from the store, because I ouldn't risk getting caught buying a pair of couple rings by paparazzi.

Ga-In takes the other ring, "oh! There's something written inside… G&G?" She looks at me questioningly. I grin, "yup, Ga-In and GD. We're the G Couple. Put it on me?" I hold out my hand and she slips the ring into my finger.
 


"Ji-Yong ah, gomawo… This is so sweet. I feel like you've always been the one who makes a lot of effort in our relationship, while I haven't done much… I'm sorry, I'll do better," she breaks the silence.

I pat on my lap, signalling her to lean her head on it. "You're my girlfriend, not my secretary. So, don't say things like 'I'll do better', you're already the best," I rub my thumb on her forehead.

She looks up at me and smiles, "I'm so happy I have a boyfriend like you, Kwon Ji-Yong." I lean down to kiss her forehead, "the feeling is mutual, baby girl. I'm looking forward to the next 100 days with you…"
 


As I start to pull my lips away from her forehead, she puts her hands around my neck, pulls me down, and captures my lips with hers. Her actions sends bolts of electricity through my body for two reasons. One, she rarely initiates skinship and we don't kiss on the lips a lot. Two, the kiss is different from the ones we've shared before; it's much more passionate and she's fully in control. My my, Son Ga-In, where did you learn to kiss like this?
 


When we start losing our breaths, she pulls away and gazes into my eyes, "Happy 100th Day, Baby GD…"

In 100 days we've been dating, never once has she ever called me by a petname. Now she's calling me Baby GD? She whispers it ily, too, sending yet another chill down my spine… Oh God, help me! Help me restrain myself from savouring her body. If this is really a test, I'm not sure I can pass…

 

 

 

 

 

____________

Author's Note:

The promised double updates! Enjoyyyyy~~

Just in case I didn't do a well enough job trying to deliver the message, here's a little something: Ga-Ho's wrinkly skin makes him look like a prune, hence the title ^^

I love you, readers! ^^ *hugs you tight*

PS. I hope it's easier for you all to read the convos with the new format. Thanks to one of my readers who kindly pointed it out :) Comments and suggestions are very much welcome <3