The Present is Better Than The Past

Mr & Mrs Kwon Ji-Yong: Vita Dolce Moderato

Warning: changes of POV, so pay attention!

 

Seoul, 14 July 2009

 

"How do I look?" I twirl my body to show off my dress. Ji-Yong beams, "beautiful like always, baby girl. But those shoes..."

I frown, "are you saying that they're ugly?"

"That's not it. Are they comfortable? The heels are so high, what are they, 10 centimeters?"

I shake my head, "nope, 12!" He shakes his head as well, "I just don't want you to fall when you walk, baby girl."

"You'll catch me when I fall, right?" I flicker my eyelashes. He chuckles at my attempt to look cute, "of course. So, shall we go have dinner now?" I nod and we both get out of my apartment.
 


I keep pulling down the hem of my dress while I'm sitting in Ji-Yong's car. Damn, I guess this little black dress is too little for me. I didn't consider the fact that it will get pulled up when I sit down; and now the hem is sitting on the upper half of my thigh, making me uncomfortable. And I don't even have my coat with me to cover my lap, since it's Summer, I didn't think I would need it. Apparently, I was wrong. I sigh and look out the window, too shy to face Ji-Yong.
 


"Is everything set for your comeback?" he breaks the silence. I turn my head at him, "yeah. The single is going to be released in a week. How's your solo debut preparation?"

"Pretty good. I just wish you could come to support me when I have the album jacket photoshoot next week," he pouts. I rub his shoulder blade gently. I feel sorry that I haven't been able to do what a normal girlfriend should do to support her boyfriend. I mean, what will everyone say if I show up at his photoshoot? Big Bang members now know about our relationship, but the other ones don't. Hell, even my unnies have no idea. Is Ji-Yong sad because I haven't introduced him to my group members? Hmm…

"I hope you can introduce me to your unnies soon," he says with his eyes focused on the road. Geez, does he know how to read minds or something? "U-Uh… Yes, I will. Soon, ok?" I reply. I don't want to make any promises yet, but I hope he's satisfied with my answer. He smiles warmly and plays with my fingers with one hand.

 

 


He opens the car door for me, "don't worry, it's secluded. Most people who come here are businessmen and celebrities, so they won't care if they see us together." I hold his hand tight and follow him inside Le Cox Bar in Apgujong. The restaurant is beautiful; it looks really exclusive, and the colour green dominates the decorations. It's a Tuesday night, so the bar is pretty quiet. Ji-Yong leads me to a booth near the bar, and we both sit ourselves down.
 


We enjoy our steaks while talking and laughing. I order a glass of red wine and Ji-Yong orders himself a glass of scotch. "I shouldn't drink much, or else my face is going to be bloated tomorrow," I chuckle and he smirks. "Well, even if you get drunk, I'll know what to do," he whispers in my ear. I slap his thigh lightly, earning a hearty laugh from him. When we're finished with dinner, we talk while leaning on each other; it feels nice to be able to do this outside the apartment.
 


"Well, well, isn't this a pleasant surprise," a sultry female voice startle both me and Ji-Yong and cause us to pull away from our hug. Oh God, please don't let it be one of Ji-Yong's fans who spotted us; I pray in my head. "Hey, Ji-Yongie," she winks at my boyfriend. Ji-Yongie? So she's not a fan; I breathe out a sigh of relief. I take a good look at the woman standing in front of our table. She's so pretty; she has big rounded eyes, a tall body that makes her look like the Eiffel Tower in that pair of stilettos she's sporting, a lean and y figure, and as a cherry on top, she has a confident, slightly intimidating aura shining out of her.
 


"Ji-Yoon noona," Ji-Yong greets back. Not so much a greeting, to me it sounds more like a scoff. I look downwards and see his fist clenched tight, while his other hand is on the table. The woman takes a seat next to Ji-Yong; the shape of our booth is half-circle, so Ji-Yong is now trapped between me and this Ji-Yoon woman. I've never seen her in my life. Is she Ji-Yong's sister? Their names sound similar, but they don't look alike… Is she his relative? Is she--

"How have you been, Ji-Yongie?" her question interrupts my thoughts. "I've been very well, and don't call me Ji-Yongie," Ji-Yong curtly replies. He looks and sounds angry, I wonder why…
 


"Aww, you're not still mad at me, are you?" she purrs. I'm not liking her tone of voice. I gasp inwardly when she leans closer to Ji-Yong and touches his hair with her hand. "You look cute with this hairstyle, Ji-Yongie," she whispers, but I can hear her loud and clear. I clear my throat to catch her attention.

"Oh? Sorry for being rude. I'm Kim Ji-Yoon," she stretches out her hand towards me, finally acknowledging my presence. "Annyeonghaseyo, err… Son Ga-In imnida," I shake her hand and bow slightly. She smirks again; making me feel even more dumbfounded by her attitude. Her body language is screaming that she doesn't like me, which is odd because I don't think we've met before.

"I know who you are... Brown Eyed Girls, right?" she tilts her chin slightly upwards. Before I can open my mouth to answer, she turns to look at Ji-Yong again, "still hanging around older girls, I see." Ji-Yong doesn't respond and scoots closer to me, instead.
 


"Can you let us have some privacy?" Ji-Yong's voice perforates the awkward atmosphere. "Oops, sorry. I'll leave now. I don't want to disturb you lovebirds," she replies haughtily. My eyes widen in shock when I see her swing her arm around Ji-Yong neck, and her other hand touches his chest. She leans her face close to Ji-Yong's and pecks on the corner of his lips.

Ji-Yong is startled and abruptly jerks his head away, "yah! What the are you doing?!" The woman smirks again and stands up, "you used to love it when I do that." Ji-Yong grunts lowly and the woman leisurely waves her hand at me, "nice meeting you, Ga-In ssi. Take care of Ji-Yongie, ok? Especially in bed." I'm still in deep shock when she walks away from our booth with a loud giggle coming out of .
 


What in God's name was that; I scream in my head when the woman's no longer in sight. Ji-Yong is breathing heavily, his chest is moving up and down. He's glaring at the table and his face is in deep shades of red. I want to ask him about who the woman is, but I'm scared by what looks like his angry state. I've never seen Ji-Yong this angry before. Sometimes we had little arguments, but he would usually end the arguments with corny jokes, which would make both of us laugh. But this… this agitated Kwon Ji-Yong in front of me right now, is a stranger.
 


"I'm sorry you had to meet her," he mutters and holds my hand when he's calmed down. Ok, I think this is the right time to ask him. "Umm… W-Who is she?" I voice my thought. He breathes out a heavy sigh and gulps his drink. Oh dear, probably not a good time to ask, huh? "Never mind," I add and look the other way. Ji-Yong motions his hand at a waiter and orders another drink for him. He offers me as well, but I pass.
 


"That woman…" Ji-Yong takes a sip of his scotch, "she's my ex-girlfriend."

My heart beats loudly. An ex-girlfriend? I know Ji-Yong must've had girlfriends before me, but I never thought seeing his ex-girlfriend would affect him like it did just now… His reaction makes it look like they didn't have a good closure… Omo, does he still have feelings for her?

"Oh," I nod my head, not knowing what else to say. What do you say when your boyfriend tells you that a girl who just gave him a little kiss right in front of you is his ex-girlfriend? I never had any boyfriends before Ji-Yong, so how the hell would I know?!
 


"She just had to ruin our five-month anniversary," Ji-Yong smiles sadly after the last sip of his drink. Two days ago, he asked me to go out on a special dinner tonight because it's exactly 5 months we've been dating. He also said he wanted to make it special because he was afraid that both of us would start to be busy with album promotion soon.

"No, she didn't ruin it, Ji-Yong ah. I had a great time," I his arm. Yeah, that's a lie. That woman ruined it. I really want to throw up all the meat I ate for dinner. But I can't say that to Ji-Yong. He's already got that sullen expression on his face, so one of us needs to lighten up the mood, right?
 


Something that woman said earlier is lingering in my ears, though. 'Especially in bed'. Especially in bed? Does that mean that they had when they were together? That must be it, right? Otherwise, why would she tell me that? Judging by her appearance, that woman looked like she would be great in bed. Was she? Oh man, I'm a prude, aren't I? We've been dating for 5 months and we've only gone as far as kissing and cuddling in bed. We've never even had a make out session. Omo, is… is Ji-Yong expecting from our relationship? OMO, eotteokhae? I'm not ready! Not ready AT ALL. , my heart always feels like it's going to burst every time Ji-Yong touches me, I can't imagine what will happen if we have ! Aaaaa! No, no, NO! Son Ga-In, get a grip!!!
 


"Are you ok?" Ji-Yong's voice shatters my thoughts. "E-Eh? Y-Yeah, I'm ok," I smile as wide as I can.

"I love seeing you wear this," he touches my finger where the the couple ring is. I do the same to him, "yours looks great on you, too."
 

 


"Can I stay the night?" he asks when we jump into his car. I nod, "sure. You don't have to ask every time you want to sleep over." He smiles and starts the engine. The drive back to my apartment is filled with silence.
 


I cut 2 slices of Oreo cheesecake and bring them to the living room, "Narsha unnie made this yesterday. She makes great cakes." Ji-Yong happily takes the cake and eats it.

"It's really good. Not too sweet, and really soft," he says while munching. We both are sitting on the carpeted floor and watching TV. "Ok, Mr Food Critic," I stick my tongue out.


>>>>>     <<<<<
 


"Ji-Yong ah, can I ask you something?" she says while eating the cheesecake. I'm sure she's going to ask about Ji-Yoon noona. Geez, why the hell did that woman have to be there at Le Cox? Damn timing!

"Ask away," I smile at my baby girl. "Uh… If you don't want to answer it, it's ok," she mutters softly.

"I'll answer any questions you have," I reply assuringly. She takes a deep breath and puts her plate of cheesecake on the coffee table.



"Err… When did you guys break up?" she starts talking again. See? I was right. She wants to know when Ji-Yoon noona and I broke up. Fair enough. She's my girlfriend now, and I haven't told her anything about my previous relationship. "Hmm… Near the end of 2007," I answer honestly and confidently.

"Ah, is that so," she nods and then turns quiet.

"Ji-Yoon noona broke up with me out of the blue. I was madly in love with her and our relationship was going well, or so I thought. All of a sudden, one day she broke up with me over the phone. I cried and I cried… The morning after, I went to her house and asked her to take me back, but she said no. A month later, I heard from a friend that she signed a contract with a modelling agency. That same friend told me that maybe it was the reason why she broke up with me," I blabber.
 


After a long silence, she sighs, "do you… Uh… Do you still love her?" Her question has me taken aback. I furrow my eyebrows, "what? Why are you asking that?"

She lets out a tiny smile, "because you said you were madly in love with her. And she broke up with you out of the blue, so--"

"I said I was. I was madly in love with her, but not anymore," I cut in, emphasizing on the word 'was'. She turns quiet again after that.
 


"She's pretty," she says, breaking another silence. Why is she saying all this? I know Ji-Yoon noona is pretty. Her beauty was what made me fall in love with her in the first place. But she looks different now, I bet she had some things done to her face during all this time I hadn't seen her. And when I saw her earlier, I didn't have any feelings other than irritation. I was irritated because of how she dumped me like trash, and moreover because she suddenly showed up, ruining my 5-month anniversary with my baby girl.

"Yes, she is, but you're prettier. A lot prettier," I coo at her. She blushes and bends her head down, "I know that's not true, and I know you're just saying that to make me feel better, but thanks."
 


"Was she good in bed?" she blurts out, making me almost choke on my cheesecake.

"What?!"

"Was she good in bed?" she repeats with a straight face.

Oh , it must be because of what Ji-Yoon noona said earlier. What should I say? Yes, Ji-Yoon noona was my first experience in and she was… great. I had nothing to compare it to, but boy, she did rock my world. She's 4 years older than me, so she had other experiences before we were together. Is my girlfriend worried about that?

"You can't answer me, so she must've been amazing, huh?" Ga-In chuckles gloomily and continues eating her cheesecake.
 


When she's finished, I stand up and pull her hand to get up as well. I lead her to the bedroom area and stand behind her in front of a large mirror. I see her frown with confusion. I hug her from behind and tug at her chin, "do you see that girl in the mirror? I can see how beautiful she is, but can you see it?"

She tries to keep her head down, but I gently pull her head up so she can see herself in the mirror. When she still doesn't say anything, I rest my chin on her shoulder blade and point at her reflection, "there's nothing wrong with her, right? The soft hair, the smooth skin, the cute eyes, the pointy nose, the plumpy lips, the petite body with curves in the right places, the chic style, the wonderful personality… Everything is perfect." She starts blushing again as she listens to each word I say.
 


She turns around and buries her face on my chest, holding me tight as though she were a girl clinging onto her father after being bullied at school.

"I could never do this with Ji-Yoon noona, you know. She's just as tall as I am, so I couldn't hold her like this," I whisper. Without warning, she starts sobbing, her tears are wetting my shirt. This is the first time she's crying because of me in the 5 months we've been a couple. "What I meant was, even your size is perfect for me. I love it when you lean your head on my chest, baby girl. It makes me feel like I can protect you from anything. Don't cry, hmm?" I her hair.

 

"B-But… S-…" she sobs loudly. Oh God, that's what she's worried about? Aigoo…

I pull away and bring my face closer to hers. I put my hands on her shoulders, "baby girl, I had my first time with Ji-Yoon noona. I'm not going to lie to you, all the times we did it, she was great." She covers her face with her hands and cries louder.

I tug her hands, "listen to me, ok? Yes, I admit, we did it. We did it quite often when we were together. But isn't what I'm looking from you as a girlfriend, Ga-In ah. I… I love you, I cherish you, and I don't want to push you into doing anything you don't want to do. I love you…" There, I said it, twice. I've been meaning to say it and I don't regret any of it.

>>>>>     <<<<<
 


I gasp; he… he loves me? This is the first time one of us has ever said the L word… "Ji-Yong ah, I… I l-love you, too," I bury my face in his chest again.

 

"You don't have to say it if you're not ready, baby girl," I hear him say. I shake my head, still leaning my face on his chest, "no, I mean it. I love you, Kwon Ji-Yong." I sincerely mean it. I've been wanting to tell him that, but I was afraid of what his response would be. I feel overjoyed that he feels the same way…
 


He leans his face closer to mine and smiles, "you drive me crazy, Son Ga-In."

"Eh? Crazy?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Mmm. You make me go crazy. Do you know how?" he wipes the tear stains on my face. Before I can answer, he picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist to prevent me from falling down.

"This is how. Can I kiss you now?" he whispers. I nod my head and he gently crashes his lips into mine, making me feel like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world.
 

>>>>>     <<<<<

 


"You can put me down now, Ji-Yong ah, your hips will hurt," she says after we both pull away from the long kiss. I laugh and sway her body in my embrace, causing her to laugh along. Although I'm not that strong, she's not heavy; and I don't care if I have to go get a hip replacement tomorrow from carrying her for so long. I want to reassure her that she's the one I'm in love with and she's the most beautiful girl for me. When I finally put her down, we both change into our pyjamas and brush our teeth. I love doing this routine with her when I sleep over.

 

"How is my Ga-Ho?" she asks when we cuddle on the bed. "Your Ga-Ho? I thought he was my Ga-Ho," I say teasingly.

She pouts, "ok, OUR Ga-Ho. How is he?"

"I think he's happy now because his mommy and daddy just said 'I love you' to each other," I giggle.
 


"I don't have work tomorrow. Are you busy? Can we take him out for a walk?" she pulls up her head and looks at me.

"Hmm… sounds good. How does Eurwangni Beach sound?"

"Eh? Eurwangni Beach? Why so far?" she widens her eyes. I chuckle, "well, it's not very often that Ga-Ho gets to spend time with his mommy. So, let's make it our family day tomorrow. And it's not that far, only an hour away. What do you say?"

"I say yes!" she cheerfully wiggles around and nuzzles her head in my neck.

 

"Aigoo, our Ga-Ho learned this trick from you, didn't he?" I draw circles on her back and plant kisses on top of her head while taking in her soft scent.

"What trick?"

"This. He does this before he goes to sleep, too," I tell her.

"Are you insinuating that I act like a dog?" she throws a glare at me. Uh-oh, short-tempered Son Ga-In re-appears.

I laugh at her question and brush my lips on hers, "saranghae, Ga-Ho umma." She rolls her eyes and pinches my cheeks, "nado saranghae, Ga-Ho appa." Afterwards, as usual, we both cuddle until we drift off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

____________

Author's Note:

Hellooooo~ Sorry for my long absence :( I've been swamped with work. Have you heard that G-Dragon is now in Paris? And I'm going to Paris next week for fashion week T_T Looks like we're not going to cross paths. But even if I were to run into him, I would most probably faint, so there wouldn't be much to do anyway, kekeke~

Btw, enjoy the double updates ^^ And if you want, you can tell me what you think or if you have any suggestions, kay? Saranghae~ Ppyong!