If I Had One Wish...

Mr & Mrs Kwon Ji-Yong: Vita Dolce Moderato

Tokyo, 29 March 2008

 

We just finished our concert at Tokyo Dome City. Tonight was the final day. We had one yesterday as well. All the tickets were sold out, so we feel happy and grateful. I'm in the dressing from changing out of my stage clothes. I reek of sweat. I had a blast at out concert tonight. I think all my members did, too. Daesung and Seungri even shed tears at the final bow-down. 

 

I spotted quite a lot of guys in attendance tonight. They were probably accompanying their girlfriends. Even if we had any fanboys, there wouldn't be that many. Throughout our concert, I thought about Ga-In noona a few times. Well, I won't even deny it anymore, I think about her a lot; almost everyday. Not all-day everyday, but not one day passed that I didn't think about her. When I gazed at the audience, all I could think of was that I wish Ga-In noona could be here to see Big Bang perform. I wish I could see the smile on her face when I sing and dance on the stage. 

 

I hear someone knocking on the door. Our manager comes in, "Ji-Yong ah, you ready? The driver is waiting. We're having a celebration dinner with the crew." Good, I'm so hungry. I trail behind my manager, making our way out of the venue.

 

 

Meanwhile in Seoul...

 

"Good job, everyone!" I bow at everyone I bump into on the hallway of the MBC studio backstage. Unnies and I just finished performing our goodbye stage on Music Core. I beam with happiness. After this, we will have a bit of free time on our hands. We change our clothes and head out of the studio.

 

"Let's go out to dinner and celebrate!" Narsha unnie says with her fists up in the air. I laugh at her antic. She's still a kid at heart. "How does barbecue sound?" Kyung-Sun unnie asks. "Oh! Sounds great! I love me some beef and pork!" JeA unnie responds merrily. Kyung-Sun unnie then asks the driver to go to Parkdaegamne, our favourite barbecue restaurant in Cheongdam-dong.

 

"Ugh... It's cold," I say as the wind blows on my face when we get out of our van. "Wear your scarf, then," Miryo unnie tells me, pointing her finger at Ji-Yong's scarf that's sticking out of my handbag. Because we accidentally bumped into each other twice, I figured I would just carry his scarf with me everywhere I go. Who knows, we might run into each other again and I can return it. We never exchanged numbers, so I don't have any way to contact him. I also found out the day after our little venture to Banpo Bridge that I lost my make-up pouch. I almost cried. My eye-liner, which I had only worn twice, was in it. An eye-liner to Son Ga-In is like gasoline to a vehicle. Without it, I won't function properly. I suspected that I might've left it in Ji-Yong's car, but since he didn't say anything after he dropped me off, I lost my hope. 

 

Miryo unnie suddenly fishes the scarf out of my bag and swirls it around my neck. "You're warm now! Let's go," she says and drags me into the restaurant. As soon as we come in, the luscious smell of sizzling meat welcomes us. I take a whiff and beam with satisfaction. I will have to wash this scarf again tomorrow since the meaty aroma would've stuck into it by the time we finish dinner. 

 

As I munch on the delicious piece of grilled meat, a thought of Ji-Yong suddenly pops up in my mind. Is he busy now? I bet he is. Big Bang is always busy. I remember how Ji-Yong tried to cheer me up and told me comforting words that night. I even told him about my problem with Chin-Ho oppa, which took me by surprise. I never tell anyone who isn't very close to me about my problems, but that night I somehow felt comfortable enough to open up to him. I also remember how he my head gently; why did he do that? I look at the pile of meat on the table. Does Ji-Yong like meat? If yes, I think he would be very happy if he was here. The food they have here could turn a vegetarian into a meat-lover; I laugh silently. Or so I thought. "What's so funny, Ga-In ah?" JeA unnie asks. Damn. "Err... nothing. Just remembered something." Narsha unnie raises her eyebrow, "care to share it with us?" No way. All of you will think I'm crazy! "Unnie, it's funny but you had to be there. I can't explain it." My unnies just nod their heads and continue eating. 

 

Kwon Ji-Yong. I don't know where you are or what you're doing right now, but I wish you were here with me. We haven't known each other for long but you've been so nice to me. Noona will eat your share, ok? I chuckle, this time I make sure that I do it in silence.

 

Little did we know that tonight we both ate each other's shares of delicious dinner...

 

 

 

 

___________

Author's Note:

Hello, babies! *waves hands excitedly* I'm feeling hungry after writing this, and I just had dinner 2 hours ago, imagine that! *LOL* If you're ever in Seoul, don't forget to swing by Parkdaegamne in Cheongdam-dong. The barbecue there is fantastic! The beef stew is also exceptional! They open 24 hours, so you can go there anytime. You might also spot a celebrity, like I did when I went there. I didn't know who he was, but a few people took photos of him so I think he must've been quite popular. Anyways, 'til next time! Ciao~