The Carnival of the Animals

How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay!

 

"Hyung." Sehun poked Kai in the back, surprising the elder male. Kai turned around with an annoyed face, rubbing his back. "What Sehun?"

Sehun remained unfazed by Kai's grumpy behaviour and plowed on. "Who's that girl?" Kai followed his gaze to see Hana fleeing from her sister who was laughing and running behind Kyung Jae, sheilding herself with his body.

"Hana." Sehun watched his hyung stare at Hana and then turned to look at her himself.

 

"She's very pretty..." he mused, watching the sunlight glint off her hair. "Yes." Kai nodded seriously before back tracking. "Wait, what?"

 

Sehun's eyes glinted with mischief. "So you won't mind if your dongsaengie wants her?" he didn't wait for an answer and spoke on, "Well thanks hyung."

 

But before he could make his way to Hana, Kai held him back by his collar. He spoke very seriously. "Sehun, Hana and I have a very... fragile and complicated relationship. Don't mess anything up for me."

 

Kai was still a man with his pride, and he didn't want to let even his closest of friends know that he was broke to the point of having to be paid to be a friend.

 

Sehun watched in surprise as Kai wandered off into his dreamland again. "And you'd think that he has a girlfriend." he muttered to himself.

 

"Yah." Kai turned around once more, anger on his face at Sehun's interruption. "What?" he snapped. "Where's this oh-so-lovely girlfriend of yours?"

 

Kai ignored the blunt sarcasm in Sehun's voice. Instead, he just turned right back around and spoke stiffly.

 

"She's at home." he looked away and added in an undertone, "we had a fight."

 

Sehun looked with pity at Kai. 

 

All his friends hated Kai's girlfriend; she was a conniving who didn't know just how much Kai loved her. From the very first moment Sehun had pestered Kai to break up with Soo Jung. 

 

First it was using the line 'Bros before hoes', but that didn't work because Kai had somehow convinced himself that Soo Jung was the least 'hoey' if that's a word, out of all the people that existed in the world.

 

Then he tried getting his hyung's Kyung Soo and Luhan into the scheme by hitting on Soo Jung, but that backfired terribly; Kai's friendship with them almost ended and he clung onto Soo Jung even more.

 

It was disgusting and filthy the way she used him. He was like her reboud; one day she was all over him, the next day she wanted to scratch his face off for absolutely no reason at all.

 

"Sehun-ssi." a shy girl stopped in front of the two of them. Suzy stood there, blushing her cute face off, holding three passes for the nearest rollercoaster ride.

 

"Hana wanted me to give you these." quickly, she stuffed two into Sehun's hands and jogged off.

 

Kai turned to comment on how adorable she was, but stopped himself. Sehun's eyes trailed after Suzy and Kai smirked. "Love is in the air..." he cooed to the dazed male and thumped his friend's back.

 

"Kai!" a voice made the two of them turn, and they saw six other males chatter loudly while walking towards them.

 

"Hey." Kai and Sehun bumped fists with the guys before he dragged them off to introduce to Hana.

 

"Hey Hana!" She and Kyung Jae turned to see eight dashing men walking towards them.

 

Hana blushed, but when she saw Kyung Jae's red face, her own drained of its colour. *Just breathe Hana.* Her smile was stiff and a little tense but nevertheless a smile.

 

Kai grinned widely at her and beckoned her forwards. He had forgotten about Kyung Jae until he had coughed. "Oh, Kyung Jae...ssi, please come as well." Kai's tone was a little hesitant, but smiled once more when he turned to look back at Hana.

 

Jealousy took over Kyung Jae before he balked. *Jealous of my own girlfriend. Really Kyung Jae?* He put on a pleasant smile before sliding his arm over her waist. 

 

He ignored her little flinch.

 

"This is Jong Dae, aka Chen, Min Seok aka Xiu Min, Lu Han, Wu Fan aka Kris, Tao and Yi XIng aka Lay." Hana raised her eyebrows quizzically.

 

"You guys sure like your nicknames don't you." the six new guys laughed loudly and proceeded to introduce themselves individually and what they majored in in either college or high school.

 

"Well," Hana gave them their tickets. "Let's go have some fun!"

 

Before she could leave however, her sister once more trapped Hana in her tight grasp and kissed her cheek. "You never told me you knew such charming men." she winked, sending her little sister into a blushing frenzy.

 

"Aniya! I didn't even know Kai until last week-" Hana stopped, realizing her mistake.

 

Minhee smirked. 

 

"Gotcha."