Still In Love

How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay!

"So, that's what happened." Kai and Hana sat opposite each other and they delved into a very, very silent conversation.

She was on work, and he just happened to walk in, feeling quite lethargic and confused himself. The moment she saw him, Hana served him a coffee and they sat down in the back corner of the shop, each clutching their mugs.

"Wow." Kai sipped his latte. "That was an intense break up. Sorry."

Hana looked away in shame and closed her eyes. She didn't tell him about the fact that the reason she broke up with Kyung Jae was because he liked Kai.

It was too embarrassing.

"So what's up with you and your girlfriend?" she asked him.

Kai winced and looked away. His hand ran over his face and he sighed dismally, "Um, my girlfriend is Soojung yeah?" Hana nodded. "I... this is a bit private, but we... made love," he winced "last night, and for some reason... it just didn't feel right." he whispered.

Hana nodded in thought. "Maybe... you're falling out of love with her?" she offered. 

But Kai shook his head. "No, no that's not right. See, this morning I felt the same way I have always to her; just completely in love."

Hana smiled in admiration. "That's so nice," she whispered to herself "I used to have that."

"How is she?" she asked. She didn't want conversation to die down; mainly because she didn't want to go back to work but also because speaking to Kai was comfortable, like breathing.

He rubbed his forehead with his fingers. "She's meeting up with her parents today. I'm seeing her later after my afternoon university class. Don't you have high school today? It's Tuesday."

"Thank you captain obvious." Hana commented sarcastically. "But no, the teachers are on strike today so all senior students have a break. Perfect because I need more cash." 

At the mention of money, Kai's eyes hardened.

"Hey." he said softly. Her eyes trailed up and back to his. "Yeah?"

He swallowed nervously. "Well, since you and Kyung Jae have broken up, you know," he tried not to hurt her feelings, "then I guess there's no more reason to... try and be his friend?" By the way she looked broken, he knew that she was still incredibly sensitive. 

He would be too, if he had broken up with his girlfriend of about three years.

They were silent for a moment as he let her process the information. 

But then Hana looked up and shook her head, frowning cutely. "No, I still care for Kyung Jae, and he says we're friends - which is ridiculous - " she muttered, "but I feel uncomfortable, so, please just I don't know, just... look after him for a bit yeah?" she asked, almost begged.

Truthfully, Kai didn't want to. To him Kyung Jae was an oddball with his comments about Hana (which he never mentioned to Hana) and everything else in general. He just tried too hard.

"Fine." he gave in. It was too easy to give into her.

"Thank you." she whispered. "I'll still give you the same amount a week alright? Just... text me an update once in a while."

A bell sounded and she stood up quickly, smoothening out the wrinkles in her waitress dress and quickly went over to Kai's side and hugged him. "I gotta go back to work then I gotta go home to do some revision for exams. See you later." 

He watched her walk away. Then he looked down and played with his fingers for a while.

"Lets do this." Kai took out his phone and scrolled down till he saw Kyung Jae's name.

Taking a deep breath, he texted the guy.

[Hey Kyung Jae, Hana told me about you guys, wanna talk?]

Soon after, too soon maybe, he got a reply.

[Yeah sure! when?]

Kai's eyebrows rose in confusion and distate. For some reason he seemed too cheerful for someone who had broken up with a wonderful girl.

[Today? Say, 3?]

His phone buzzed.

[Yeah sure. See you then at Starbucks opposite my place?]

Kai bit his lip, didn't Hana say that Kyung Jae was moving out? Then why was he still calling it 'my place?'

He shook his head and left the diner but not before throwing Hana one more smile.

He had no idea what he was doing.