Realization.

How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay!

[I saw your girlfriend Soojung the other day]

Hana's phone buzzed immediately.

[Really? Where?]

[When I went to get lunch... just after our talk the other day]

[Oh. Was she nice?]

She stared at his message? Should she lie?

[didn't really speak to her. seemed nice enough...]

Then, she turned off her phone to avoid getting asked any more questions. Turning back to her food, she started to eat. 

It was quiet in the school library, and that was something she treasured. Hana hated loud and squishy spaces and living in Seoul did not help.

It wasn't that she didn't have any friends, but rather her friends knew she needed space as well, so they let her be. Sometimes they would come and join her, but only if they were going to be quiet.

"Hi, can I take a seat here?" Someone asked.

She looked up to see her alumni classmate Lee Taemin. "Hey." she smiled and shifted her stuff, then she went back to reading and eating at the same time.

Taemin looked at her and then at his own book.

After a few minutes of silence, he decided to interrupt the air of solemnity by asking, "So it turns out you know my brother."

For a moment she forgot that he was next to her, and proceeded to jump in shock when he spoke. "Em. Who?" she asked.

"My brother," he unlocked his phone and showed her a picture of him, "Lee Byunghun."

"Oh. He's your brother?" Taemin nodded and smiled. 

But, to his dismay, she didn't continue the conversation. She propelled another topic. "So why are you still here? You graduated two years ago."

He yawned and put his arms behind his head. "Oh. That's because... wait, didn't you know?"

Sarcastically, she drawled, "Obviously not."

"Attitude missy. I am a student teacher here after all." Her eyes widened. "Really?" he nodded. "Huh." she on her spoon. "I thought you had come back to repeat school. Thought your grades were too low to be accepted into uni."

He lightly socked her arm and they laughed softly.

"Anyway, my brother was telling me about you."

She looked at him from the side. "And?"

"He's interested in you."

"Yeah well i'm not interested in him." Hana snorted quietly.

"And I thought he just broke up with someone?" Taemin's eyes shined. "Ah, so you remembered? But the party your sister held that my brother attended was weeks ago!"

She blushed. Her face heated up. "Yeah so?"

Taemin leaned towards her. "That means you remember him." he winked, "So did my brother leave an impression on you?"

She looked at him for a long time, and he expected her answer patiently. "His blonde hair is terrible."

Taemin guffawed loudly and threw his head back. "It wasn't that funny." Hana muttered.

"But didn't your boyfriend once have blonde hair?"

Hana winced at the memory. She and Kyung Jae had made a dare when they were both a lot younger that he would dye his hair to a yellowish white for the formal, and he did. Though she didn't tell him, he looked absolutely horrendous.

"He did. But he didn't look good." she admitted.

Taemin rested his head on his hand. "How is he?" he asked.

She tried to avoid the question. "Who?"

"Your boyfriend."

She turned bitter. "He's fine." And it was true. She saw him walking down the street the other day smiling happily and chatting on the phone with a friend, while she was still getting over her first love and her first break up.

Taemin measured her expression. "Things not going too well with the mister?"

"We broke up." there was no use prodding around now was there?

"Oh. I'm sorry."

Hana remained impassive. "Yeah. So am I." and it was true.

She and Taemin talked for a little bit more, both still thinking about her relationship but neither one making a move to even hint at it anymore.

-

Kai and Chanyeol were at the gaming centre. They had free time to kill and Chanyeol knew a buddy at the place so they got in without any charge.

"So how's that Hana girl?"

Kai focused on his game and looked over only for a moment. "Huh?"

Chanyeol quickly finished his round and paused, waiting for Kai to complete his. "Nice shot man."

"Anyway, what about you and Hana?"

At the mention of Hana, all Kai could see in his mind was Kyung Jae. He shuddered. "What?" Chanyeol asked. 

Kai looked around before answering. "You know her ex boyfriend?"

"The weird guy?"

He cracked a smile. "Yeah. Well anyway, I hung out with him a while ago and he just... freaks me out."

"In what way?" Chanyeol was intrigued.

"He's a great friend, hilarious really, but he's always like... touching me."

The two guys looked away uncomfortably and rolled their shoulders. "You know Sehun thinks he's gay." Chanyeol added.

Kai looked up. "Really?"

"Dude, it's kinda obvious."

Then it hit Kai. ", that's probably why he broke up with her..."

"Wait." Chanyeol tried to catch up. "He broke up with her?"

"Yeah." Kai took out his phone. "Just wait. Gotta call Hana."

Then, he left.

Chanyeol looked at him and shook his head. "Poor bastard."

-

 

TAEMIN CAMEO!