Suspicion

How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay!

 

Hana held hands with her boyfriend Kyung Jae as they walked down the streets of Apgujeongdong.

 

It was almost night and the shops were closing down one by one, each putting their signs up and going home.

 

The two had an exhausting day of shopping, and they were now lugging at least seven bags of clothes, accessories and household necessities.

 

Kyung Jae was looking around while on a lollipop. His hand was intertwined with Hana’s. His eyes curved into a smile as he strolled down the concrete.

 

But Hana had other things in mind.

 

She too was happy like Kyung Jae, but instead of walking beside him, she walked a little bit behind him to stare at his handsome profile.

 

On the inside, she made a face as she realised just how pure his skin was. *Why can’t I have skin like that?*

 

He chuckled, surprising her. “Do you always stare at me like that?” Hana turned red and shook her head vehemently. “God no, ugly.”

 

She poked her tongue out and giggled.

 

Kyung Jae shook his head at his childish girlfriend and continued to walk. 

 

As soon as he had turned, Hana’s expression turned sombre again. To be honest, there was something really serious that she was thinking about.

 

After a few minutes, she noticed that Kyung Jae had stopped walking and was now staring at something.

 

She followed his train of sight and caught his gaze directed at a really good looking boy just a few metres away from them.

 

Her eyes narrowed and she sighed. “Kyung, whatcha looking at?” she asked, but she knew all to well.

 

Kyung Jae avoided her eyes and blushed. “Just the Armani Exchange things.”

 

He dragged her off with the bags, and Hana turned back to look at where they were before. She pouted, “But there’s no Armani shop there...” she whispered under her breath.

 

Once in the car and on the way to their small apartment in the Samsung complex, Hana shifted to her right side and pretended to sleep.

 

She felt Kyung Jae her hair and she unconsciously shuddered, flinching from his touch. Her eyes snapped open and she was horrified.

 

“How could this be...” she asked herself quietly. She and Kyung Jae had an amazing relationship for at least a year until she had started to find him staring at other guys.

 

The car stopped. 

 

Hana sat up and bolted out of the car and straight into the building.

 

Kyung Jae followed with the bags and he gave her a weird look. “You feeling okay?”

 

She gave him a fake smile. “Yep!” *Of course not, you blithering idiot. You were staring at a BOY!*

 

However, it was not the first time.

 

She slumped into the elevator and the silence was tense between them all the way until they got to the seventh floor. 

 

Kyung Jae settled the bags onto the floor and unlocked the door.

 

Hana busied herself in the kitchen, putting pots and pans away, avoiding him until finally she ran out of things to do.

 

He was already standing in the hallway, completely out of it.

 

He caught her gaze. “I-I’m gonna shower.”

 

“Hold it.” she put her arm in front of him.

 

Hana took a deep but shaky breath. “Kyung Jae,” he gulped at the way she said his name. “Tell me the truth...” they stared at each other.

 

“Are you gay?”