The Night Sky

How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay!

"Hana!" Kai yelled over the phone.

She held it away from her ears and frowned. "What?!" She screamed back. Thank god she was in the safety of her apartment; Kyung Jae was still packing the last of his things up and soon she would be alone in this place.

She turned the volume of the movie down she was watching and spoke again, calmer. "What? Why are you so worked up?"

Kai pressed on, "You never told me Kyung Jae was gay!" 

Hana struggled not to drop the phone. *It's because you were never meant to know.* 

"Uh. Yeah. That's why we broke up."

After that, everything was as silent as death. Kai didn't know what to say and neither did she. "I'm sorry." the both blurted out.

Kai chuckled. "No, I'm sorry I asked."

With a small smile on her tired face, Hana replied, "No, I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She stood up, walked to the kitchen and ran a hand through her hair. "I was just preoccupied with him so I didn't really tell anybody that couldn't tell already."

"Chanyeol hyung knew."

"Oh did he?" Hana was surprised. "I thought I was the only one who knew for a while there." She laughed bitterly and shook her head. "Turns out most of my friends knew and so did my sister." then, she closed her eyes. "And so did Chanyeol huh."

Everything was dawning on her. It was why Kibum and Jonghyun took more care of her a few months ago and Minho - the one who was too cool to care - even began to call her every week. Taemin stood by her side and tried to always distract her, but it never really worked. And yet, even with all her friends looking after her ten times more than they ever did Hana didn't know that they knew.

That was ridiculous.

"Hey." Kai said. He knew she was beating herself up over it. "Don't be so discouraged. It's hard letting go of someone you love. Have you moved out yet?"

She narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean 'have I moved out yet? Kyung Jae is the one moving out."

The realization that Kyung Jae had lied dawned on them both. Hana's hatred began to bubble. "Oh. I see then. I have to go Kai."

Kai panicked. "No Hana plea-"

She hung up.

-

Hana paced around her house, fuming.

How could her boyfri- ex boyfriend lie about such a big thing? They had sternly agreed that he would be the one moving out since he had already been offered to live in a place closer to his work. And his parents had the money to support him. 

Well, to a certain extent so did she but after all, she was the girl. They had agreed that he would be the one who left. They had agreed. 

Now she was beginning to regret introducing Kyung Jae to Kai. The main point was for him to realise the fact that he couldn't have a girlfriend and a boyfriend and then he would naturally just break it off.

But it was so much more difficult.

She knew now that she never really understood Kyung Jae. 

For him to keep her, to keep wounding her and yet still be so gaga over another boy just showed his complete lack of responsibility and sympathy. And now, his lie? Obviously he lied to make himself look good. 

"Huh." she huffed. Actually, she was rather glad that she had broken up with him now.

A box of his belongings caught her eye and she walked angrily to it, rummaging through it and took out a photo of him and her last year at their holiday down in New Zealand.

She set it up on the table and sat down. Her eyes bore into the image of Kyung Jae and she could almost see him squirm in the picture.

"Do I even know you?" she said to the picture. "Have we really been the couple I thought we were?" Her questions fired out of .

"You loved me." She mourned tearfully. "You really loved me at one time, and so did I. Kyung Jae I'm still so in love with you."

Her hands gripped the seat in frustration. "But you didn't come back to me! You went for guys instead. Kyung Jae! Just... just... you!" she cursed, and picked the frame and threw it across the room.

It smashed, obviously and sent glass flying everywhere.

"Why the hell would you keep stringing me on huh?" She screamed. The pieces of glass reflected against the light, making it seem like she had the night sky in her living room. "Why the hell would I keep dating you?" She asked herself in numbness. "Why..."

She regained a little bit of her sanity and went over to the cupboard and took out a dustpan. She brushed the pieces into the pan while sighing. A tiny droplet of a tear fell onto the ground and she stared at the wetness before getting up and making sure her foot stepped on it.

"You know..." she murmured as she tipped the contents into the bin, "I don't regret leaving you. It'll take me a while to forget you but in the end... I will."

Her phone buzzed twice and caught her attention.

Hana went over and she quickly scanned the message Kai had sent her, telling her not to do anything rash.

She put her phone down and went back to the living room, turning the tv's volume up to the point where it was hard for her to think. 

"You may have hurt me." she whispered. A breeze flew in the window and she shivered. "But you won't hurt Kai. I won't let you hurt Kai."