Let Me Know You

How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay!

"Favourite Color?"

"Purple."

"...food?"

"Seaweed. Yours?"

Kai grinned. "Dried octopus."

"That's really gross." Hana stuck her tongue out and then sipped from her hot latte. "Actually, it's not. My mother says it's very good for your blood pressure."

"Yeah and my mother says that chocolate is good for your weight." He failed to register the sarcasm in her voice and gave her a confused, curious look. "Really?" Hana sighed. 

"No matter." she looked once more into her cup. "It's nice to get to know you... Kai-ssi."

He waved his hand, giving her a wide and open smile. "Just call me Kai. Or oppa, for that matter." he gave her a surprisingly deep laugh.

"So... when do I get to meet this boyfriend of yours?" 

His sudden question sent Hana into a coughing fit. Kai patted reached over the table and patted her shoulder lightly. "You okay?" she nodded, red in the face and wiped with a napkin.

"Um, you can meet him whenever you want?" she didn't mean for it to sound like a question even though it turned out to be one.

He smiled. "Why don't I meet him next week then. Let's go out to Lotte World with a couple of friends." Hana winced at the mention of Lotte World. *That's his favourite place to go when he's angry*

"Okay then." She agreed. "How many people will be going?" she didn't pay attention when he shot out a long list of names.

"And then there's Chanyeol hyung... and the last one, Baekhyun hyungie."

Hana raised her eyebrows. "Twelve people? Really?"

He shrugged. "Well, the more the merrier. Who are you going to bring?" She thought for a moment, chewing on her bottom lip. 

"i... well, along with Kyung Jae, I can bring my sisters friends and some of my own. I'll confirm for you tomorrow. What time and day?" She looked up at the waitress that approached them and thanked her for the tarts she delivered.

Biting into one, she kept her eyes trained on Kai. He tapped her fingers on the table, leaning slightly to one side. "Let's say, next friday at six after your class." he smirked. Hana blushed red. She had said that he was a high school student and was adamant that he call her noona but she found out that he had already graduated!

"Alright then." She stood up and watched him toss a few notes on the table.

"Oh!" After staring at the dollar bills for a moment, she visibly started, and pulled on Kai's shirt, dragging him back to their table.

"I'm sorry, we'll leave later." she bowed to the confused waitress and whispered in Kai's ear, "Payment discussion."

He looked quiet uncomfortable, and she was too, but she had to keep going. "Look, I'll pay you fifty dollars every time you go out to dinner or just out with us, and forty for every other time you and him contact each other. Okay?"

Kai's eyes widened. "That's too much. Besides, you're a student, I can't do this to you. You need tuition fees and food fees and other things."

She shook her head furiously. "No no, I'm on a scholarship, and my parents and sister are quite well off anyway, so I can pay you.

"No." he stared directly at her. "At most pay me thirty."

Her nostrils flared in agitation. "Forty-five."

"Thirty."

"Forty."

"Thirty-five." He made her a final offer. She sighed. "Fine."

Kai grinned in triumph. "Good then, see you next friday Hana-ssi."

"Just Hana will do." Once again, he left Hana dumbfounded and yet somehow incredibly sad. 

She could not believe what was happening. "Am I really doing this?"

She glanced over to see another young couple laughing while eating their meals.

Her heart hurt so much. She wanted a relationship like that, where they fought over little things but always made up. Everything that other people hated in a relationship she wanted more than anything. For too long she had been in a lonely relationship. She wanted her Kyung Jae back, but she also knew it wasn't possible.

"Yes. I'm doing this."