You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 9: You Wouldn't Answer My Calls ▬

 

It was the day of the performance and all the contestants gathered behind the stage. As usual, I was quite nervous.

“Okay! We will be starting in about 10 minutes!” The stage director called out. “You all know your numbers, right? If not, there’s a list posted by the door.”

“Gah. I’m so nervous.” I went to the curtains and took a peak. “Omo. Is everybody in the school here?!”

All the seats were filled. There were even others who were standing on the back, waiting for the performances to start.

“Hey~” I heard someone say from behind.

I turned around to see Woohyun holding out his arms, throwing himself at me. Luckily, Sunggyu managed to block him. “Yah. Nam Woohyun. What are you doing?”

“Nothing. I was just about to give her a good luck hug,” he pouted.

The rest of the INFINITE members slowly became visible.

“Hey noona. Good luck,” Sungjong waved.

“Thanks, Jongie-ah.”

“Hwaiting!” Sungyeol beamed.

“Hey Kirin. Hwaiting!” I pumped up my fists.

“Yah. What did you call me?”

L didn’t say a word but instead ruffled my hair.

“Hey!” I tried to comb it back.

“You guys met already?” Howon pointed to Myungsoo and then to me back and forth.

“Neh, 2 days ago. He was sleeping behind the piano room while I was practicing.”

“So that’s where he was,” Sunggyu tapped his chin. “Hey, guys. Where’s Dongwoo?”

“Who knows? He probably overslept again,” Woohyun answered.

“You kids didn’t wake him up?”

“Nope.” They all responded in unison.

“Aish. Did you forget we need him for the last performance as a group?!” Sunggyu scolded.

“Relax hyung. He’ll probably be here by the time we go up on stage,” the giraffe replied.

“I’m looking forward to all of your performances,” I let out a low laugh and tried to calm Sunggyu down.

He looked at me and his face changed 360 degrees. “I’m looking forward to your performance too,” Sunggyu smiled.

“What number are you, oppa?”

“Me? I’m number six.” He took out a piece of paper and showed his number. “You?”

“Oh.” I took out my number and held it up. “I’m going seventh.”

 “I’m number four,” Sungjong raised his hand.

“Number five~” Woohyun sang. “Hey. I just noticed. My number looks like a pregnant lady.”

“One.” Sungyeol added nervously. “I can’t believe I’m first.”

“That number fits you, Sungyeol-ah.” Woohyun commented, snickering. “You’re both long, I mean, tall.”

“Second.” L responded with a blank face as he took out his white electric guitar from its case.

“I’m going third,” Howon replied. “I believe Dongwoo’s eighth.”

“Alright! Places everyone! We’re starting!”

“NOOO!” Sungyeol cried out. “I’m not emotionally ready yet!”

“Dude, I’m sure you’ll do well,” Hoya comforted him.

“R-really?”

“Yeah. If you don’t get in, Woohyun’s going to get my money,” he pointed to a guy who was smirking.

“You guys made a bet?!”

“Yeah. So you better get in. Go on. You’re first.” He pushed him towards the stage.

“Wait! I forgot my violin.” Sungyeol ran and took out his violin from its case.

It was a unique silver violin. My eyes grew wide since it was the first time I had seen such a violin that had a silver color. It looked custom made. Awesome.

“Whoa. That looks cool,” I remarked.

“It was specially customized for Sungyeol by his parents.” Sunggyu pointed out.

“Daebak.”

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Our fifth annual Woollim Concerto is about to begin,” the emcee announced. “First up is a student majoring in Violin. Please give a round of applause for Lee Sungyeol.”

The crowd clapped and Sungyeol nervously went up the stage.

“Hello. I’m Lee Sungyeol. I’m going to perform a violin solo.” Kirin took a deep breath and began his performance.

“He’s good,” Hoya approved, nodding.

“Dang. I think I’m going to lose the bet.” Woohyun shook his head.

After the performance, Sungyeol stepped down and looked lifeless.

“I was about to die.” He sat in a chair and exhaled.

“You did well Sungyeol-ah.” I smiled.

“Thanks,” he smiled back.

“Our next performer is a student majoring in Guitar. Please welcome, Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo went up to deliver his guitar solo. The audience, especially the girls, had gone wild.

“I’m sure that kid’s going to win.” Woohyun pointed. “He may be quiet but he’s got skills.”

The next performance was Howon’s.

“Hey. My name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter