Truth Revealed

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 21: Truth Revealed ▬

 

The day was still young and everything around me suddenly got quiet. I was still lying on my bed, even after the countless calls from everybody downstairs that breakfast was ready. It didn’t matter to me. All I wanted was peace so that I could wander across my thoughts without any interruptions.

It has been a few weeks since Annhee got hospitalized by that witch. It hurt me, it hurt like hell. I never wished for this. All I wished was for my sister to be the happiest woman on earth. Nothing else.

I wanted her to get everything. Spoil her. I didn’t want to see her hurt or cry again. I felt helpless.

I groaned as I covered my eyes with my arm, blocking away the sun’s rays. Somehow, after that incident, I couldn’t think straight anymore.

I wasn’t the type to drink, but for the first time, I drank and got drunk. Dongwoo was the one who helped me get to my senses. I accidentally spilled orange juice on me while I was in deep thought and Woohyun was the one who wiped the stain off. The buttons of my shirt were mismatched and Myungsoo was the one who straightened me out. I sighed for about twenty times per minute and Sungyeol was the one who placed his hand on my shoulder and told me not to worry too much. I kept on punching the wall due to my anger and Hoya treated my bloody wounds while Sungjong was the one who lent me his teddy bear and begged me to stop.

I couldn’t do anything right.

Mr. Ha Donghoon and Mrs. Byul were both worried and offered to take me back home to rest but I declined. I didn’t want to leave my sister behind. I couldn’t afford to lose sight of her again. It was Mr. Jason who finally managed to drag me out of the hospital when I was in deep sleep.

And now here I am, still in wonder as to what I should do. I tried to contact my parents and they told me that they would be coming to London once they can get their passports and papers ready. But for now, they entrusted me with everything.

Was that the right choice? I can’t even properly take care of myself nowadays. Knowing that they are leaving everything in my care was too big of a burden for me to do well. I became anxious. What if something goes wrong? I don’t think I would be up for it.

I sighed once again as I buried my head on a pillow.

“Sunggyu,” I heard Mr. Jason’s voice as he knocked on the door. “Are you up?”

 “Yes,” I replied after a few seconds.

“You know, if you have something in mind, I can always help, hmm?”

“This matter,” I began, “no one could possibly help.” I sat up and faced him. “I couldn’t protect her from the same person, twice!” I screeched. “She didn’t do anything wrong! It’s my entire fault!”

“Sunggyu, calm down,” Mr. Jason quickly held my shoulders and stopped me. His voice was as calm as it could be. “How is this your fault? It’s not like you would hurt-”

“I wouldn’t, but Lim Hyemi would,” I snapped.

“Hyemi?” Mr. Jang’s expression was both of confusion and anger.

“I knew that she liked me,” I began to explain, “and she warned me that if I didn’t like her back, she would do anything to get my attention so that I would.” I gritted my teeth. “I knew from the beginning that it was all her doing. The accident from five years ago, she did it as well.”

“What?” Mr. Jang let his arms slump down to his lap.

I sighed once again and started to talk about that dreadful past.

“I rejected her confession five years ago. She followed me the day when Annhee had her piano recital. I didn’t know she was there until we finished dinner.”

 

[Flashback – 5 years ago]

Annhee was talking on the phone with her friend as we walked out of the restaurant. She was walking ahead while my parents and I walked behind her.

“Ah, I’m stuffed!” My dad gave his belly a pat. “Thanks for the meal, Sunggyu!”

“Thanks for the meal, dear.” My mom smiled and rubbed my back. “We’re all grateful to get to eat something grand together for the last time since you will be going to Seoul in a few days.”

I chuckled. “I wish I could’ve given more, but you’re welcome!”

We were all laughing as we headed back to our car when I heard screeching noises from behind. I turned around and bright lights shone. I squinted my eyes and once the car zoomed past by me, it clicked.

“Annhee-”

"Annhee!" My parents warned. "Look out!"

I ran immediately towards my sister. I held her in my arms and blood poured all over her dress and my suit. I reached out my hand to her face, all covered with blood.

“A-Annhee-ah! Annhee-ah!” I screamed. “Y-you’ll be okay, hmm? Don’t worry, oppa is here for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter