A Vague Confession

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 16: A Vague Confession ▬

 

Once we arrived, Mr. Jason began a small speech as all of us gathered outside with our belongings in front of the house that we will be staying at for the month. The house was a neat-looking family house that was managed by a married couple. They were both Korean and were friends with Mr. Jason so they volunteered to help us out.

“So, once all of you get settled, we will be having a small dinner party outside as a welcoming from the Ha’s. Come prepared to fill your stomachs.”

“Mr. Jason?” Sungyeol raised his hand as he scanned the area. “I thought that we will be staying at a hotel? You did say that in the beginning, right? You even said ‘we could afford’ and all those words.”

“Well, I did say that, but I never said anything about a hotel. Plus, my friends living here said they’d let us stay here cheap so I took on the offer.”

“B-but what-”

“Oh, don’t worry,” Mr. Jason laughed, “They both speak Korean and they are also great cooks. As for the house, the interior is much better looking. Trust me. I had the same reaction as well when I first came here.”

“I-Is that so?”

“Yup! Now, let’s go greet them, shall we?” Mr. Jason turned around towards the entrance and after he took five steps, stopped, and faced us. “Oh, and please be on your very best behavior when living here, okay?” He sheepishly smiled while rubbing the back of his neck. “You don’t want to get them mad. They can get... never mind. You’ll see what happens if you do anything rash.”

While Mr. Jason continued to walk towards the door, mumbling something about us not knowing what we’re getting ourselves into, all ten of us looked at each other, confused. Just what the heck is he hiding from us? Once all of us were at the doorstep with our luggages behind us, Mr. Jason rang the doorbell and after a few seconds, two people greeted us.

“Why, hello there!” Mrs. Ha enthusiastically beamed.

“We’ve been expecting you. Please, come on in and make yourselves feel at home,” Mr. Ha smiled as he motioned for us to enter.

“Hey, man, how are you?” Mr. Jason ‘bromance’ hugged Mr. Ha, speaking English.

“Hey-o, wassup, Jason, my man? We’re good!”

“Is it just me, or does he speak broken English?” Sungjong whispered. Unfortunately, Mr. Ha heard him and his eyes twinkled.

“YAH! No food for you tonight!” he screeched.

“WHAT?!”

“Told you to behave yourselves,” Mr. Jason sighed. “Anyway, this guy over here is Ha Donghoon, a classmate and friend of mine. This beautiful lady over here is Byul. Both of us get along just well since we have the same name… sort of. Get it? Hanbyul and Byul?”

Silence.

“No? Okay. Geez, you kids have no sense of humor.”

“Well then,” Mrs. Ha started, “Ladies, please follow me. I’ll lead you to your rooms.”

“And gentlemen, follow me,” Mr. Ha started walking the other way.

 

“Kim Annhee-sshi, right?” Mrs. Ha smiled as she said my name. I was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter