It's Not Over Yet

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 20: It’s Not Over Yet ▬

 

“Damn it!” I heard someone punch the wall hard. “I couldn’t protect her… again! Damn it!”

“It’s not your fault, hyung,” Woohyun’s voice sounded grim.

Oppa…?

“What do we do now?” Sungjong cried.

Sungyeol spoke up, “We have to tell Mr. Jason about all this-”

“No,” oppa’s voice was stern, “That’ll only tarnish Woollim University’s name if this gets out in the news. That’ll be bad-”

“But we have to stop this!” Myungsoo yelled, “Who cares about the university?! Who cares about the concerto?! Your sister is like this and you-!”

“Myungsoo…” Dongwoo tried to stop him. “You must know how hyung feels more than anyone. This isn’t easy for us either.”

“We have to stop her…” Myungsoo slumped down, “Please…”

“Gyu hyung,” Hoya intervened when we locked gazes, “She’s awake.”

Sunggyu and the others rushed to my side while Hoya went outside to call the nurse. “Sis, are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere? I’m so sorry,” he sobbed as he held onto my hand. “I couldn’t fulfill my promise to you back then. I’m so sorry.”

“Oppa… It’s not… your fault…” I slowly spoke. It was a bit hard to speak and my voice was a bit coarse.

“Annhee-ah…”

All of a sudden, my vision began to be blurring. Oppa’s face was getting vague and fuzzy. “Oppa?”

“Hmm? I’m here, sis. Tell me anything you need.”

“My vision…”

“What’s wrong?” Myungsoo retorted, concern evident in his voice.

“It’s… blurry…” Tears were streaming down my cheeks.

I was getting scared. What’s happening? Why is everything suddenly cloudy? Everything is starting to become distant. The walls, the ceiling, Woohyun, Sungyeol, Sungjong, Dongwoo oppa, Sunggyu oppa… Myungsoo... everything’s getting darker.

“Oppa, I’m scared!” I shrieked. “Everything’s turning dark! Please, don’t turn off the lights, keep them on..!. I’m getting scared!”

“Annhee-ah! What’s wrong?!”Dongwoo oppa’s voice sounded alarmed. “The lights…! They’re on, but what-”

I heard the door burst open and the fast paces of footsteps were all I heard. I felt the guys shuffle themselves as well.

“Doctor, what’s happening?!” Sunggyu oppa’s grip on my hand tightened and his voice rose. “She…she…!”

“Are you her guardian?” The doctor sounded calm and professional. He was trying to be as calm as possible. Oppa immediately said ‘Yes’ and was called outside by the doctor.

“Noona,” Myungsoo whispered once I heard the door close. He held my hand close to his chest. His hand felt warm and secure on mine. I felt safe. His voice was trembling and I swear I felt something wet drop onto my hand.

Tears?

“M-Myungsoo-ah…”

“Noona,” he said again, “You must be tired, right? You should sleep for a while.”

“Y-Yeah,” Sungjong’s sobs echoed. “Then maybe when you wake up, your v-vision will be back…”

“We’ll be here by your side,” Hoya added.

Sungyeol spoke up next, “We won’t leave you alone.”

“Never,” Dongwoo oppa finished. Once he spoke, it felt as if the world stopped. His voice sounded soft yet reassuring. It’s as if he was telling me to trust him – them – and that everything will be all right in the end.

I was still scared, but their voices, their echoing voices and encouraging words, the warmth of their presence that I could feel even if I couldn’t see them with my own eyes, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter