Entering Woollim University With A Surprise

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 5: Entering Woollim University With A Surprise ▬

 

✎ From this point forward, everything will be spoken in Korean, so don't get confused! 

 

"Annhee-ah! We need to go!" My father called out. 

"Almost done!" I responded while fixing my hair for the last time, making sure it was all intact. I began rushing down the stairs, grabbed my lunch from the counter, along with a piece of toast that mother made for breakfast and headed to the car. 

We got to school ten minutes later as it wasn't that far off from where we lived.

"Okay. Go to the vice principal's office first to get your schedule. He'll also direct you to your classes." Father stated while I nodded. "As for me, I'll be in the principal's office since he's going to go over the rules and regulations." 

"Okay, dad. I'll go now," I began to walk to the entrance of the school.

"Remember. Speak Korean." He reminded.

"Yes," I replied.

 

Once I arrived at the vice principal's office, I was warmly greeted by his secretary. "Hi. May I help you?" She said energetically.  

"Hi. I'm Kim Annhee, the new student."

"Ah. Annhee-sshi? Please go to the room on the left. The vice principal is waiting for you," she directed me to his office and I entered, quite nervous. 

The first thing that I did upon entering his office was survey the surroundings. His room was clean and tidy. Books were aligned neatly on the shelves; papers were stacked on his table, waiting for him to go over. He just sat there, looking over documents and fixing his glasses from time to time. When he noticed me enter, he stopped what he was doing, looked at me and then smiled.

"Please, sit down," he offered. I sat down as he had ordered on a chair that faced him. I suddenly felt nervous as I came face to face with the vice principal. 

"Welcome to Woollim University," he started. "I'm the vice principal of this school, Daniel Lee, or as most students call me, Tablo." He introduced himself. "Now, here's your schedule." He handed me a sheet of paper along with a bag filled with books that I was going to use over the course of the year. "Let me see, since your major is going to be in singing and piano, I divided your classes accordingly to those two areas." He then went over the rules and regulations that I had to keep in mind, along with the consequences if I ever misbehaved. 

"Your first class will be with Mr. Choi. He's one of our prodigy pianists here at Woollim. He will teach you starting with the advanced courses since you already know how to play the piano. Follow me, I'll show you the room," he concluded.

With his orders, I followed him to the second floor.

 

Vice principal Lee went in a classroom and introduced me to the class.

"Starting from today, she will be a part of this class," he said. "Go and introduce yourself." 

"Hi. I'm Kim Annhee. It's nice to meet you. I hope we'll be friends!" I smiled.

Ultimately, the guys rejoiced after I introduced myself while some girls had mixed reactions. 

"You can sit over there next to Ryeowook. Ryeowook-ah, raise your hand," Mr. Choi pointed to a desk near the back.

"Over here," the guy named Ryeowook responded.

I strode over to the empty desk and looked over the window. This is a nice seat. I can see the view from up here. I thought. 

"Annhee-ah, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop by my office anytime, okay?" Mr. Lee remarked before he went out.

"Yes. Thank you." I responded again with a smile. 

"Okay then," Mr. Choi began. "Let's start our lesson for today."

 

══════ 

 

It was now time for lunch and I was caught up by Ryeowook after class while I was piling my books in my locker.

"Hey. I'm R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter