Easy Come, Easy Go

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 6: Easy Come, Easy Go ▬

 

[Annhee's POV]

“Ah, that was close. I really don’t know what to do anymore.” I splashed some cold water on my face and looked in the mirror. “Did I really forget something? Was he a part of my life?”

“Are you related to Kim Sunggyu?” Someone asked as she came out of the stalls.

“Um, I don’t know. That’s what he says but I don’t remember him at all,” I replied innocently.

“Ah. Is that so?” She thought for a moment and began to speak again. “Let’s be friends. My name is Lim Hyemi.” She smiled and held out her hand.

I shook her hand and smiled back. “Nice to meet you, Hyemi-sshi. I’m Kim Annhee.”

“Oh. No wonder Sunggyu mistakes you for his sister. Both of you have the same name. Ah, and you can call me unnie since we’re two years apart.” 

“Does Sunggyu-sshi always talk about his sister?”

“Every day. It’s like he can’t live a single day without talking about her,” she explained. I laughed at her comment and she just stared at me. “I have to go now. Annyeong, Annhee-ah,” she waved and smiled.

“Nae. Annyeong unnie.” I replied and waved back.

 

══════ 

 

[The next day]

I was walking down the hallway nonchalantly when I heard someone call out my name out of nowhere.

“Annhee-ah!”

I turned around and saw Sunggyu running behind me. I started to walk faster but Sunggyu caught up and stood in front, blocking my way. 

“I’m so sorry for my rash behavior earlier. How impudent of me,” he began and rubbed the back of his neck. “It’s just that you remind me of my sister. Both of you have the same name and I haven’t seen her for 5 years so I assumed you were her. I hope you can forgive me.” He bowed as he apologized.

“It’s fine,” I said shyly. “I was just startled by your gesture.”

His face lit up. “Great! Let’s start over. My name is Kim Sunggyu.” He held out his hand, signaling for a handshake.

I shook his hand and beamed, “Nice to meet you, Sunggyu-sshi. I’m Kim Annhee.”

“You can call me oppa if you want since I’m just a few years older.”

“Sunggyu… oppa.” I said meekly.

“That’s better.” He smiled so much his eyes became just straight lines. “So, do you have some spare time now?” He inquired. "I want to introduce you to my other friends."

I look at my watch and replied, “Yeah. I still have about an hour to spare before my next class. I would be glad to meet your friends till then.”

“Alrighty then. Let’s start with Dongwoo. I believe he’s in the practice room right now,” Sunggyu started to walk towards the building and I followed closely behind.

“Regarding Dongwoo-sshi,” I broke the silence, “is he always so nice?”

Sunggyu laughed. “That kid has always been like that since the first time I met him. He’s so nice, he gets fooled easily too. That gullible pabo." Sunggyu laughed again and this time, I joined him. “Why, are you interested in him?” He teased.

“E-eh?! N-no,” I felt myself blushed lightly. “It’s just that he helped me once and at that time I didn’t know him so I wondered why he would risk his life to protect someone he doesn’t know much less a complete stranger.” I said while looking down.

“Dongwoo has always been the caring type. He cares for everybody and likes to lend them a hand, especially girls. If you did say you liked him, I, as a brother, would approve,” he winked. “He’s probably the only guy who’s normal on my friends list.”

“As a brother…?” I whispered.

“A-ah. I mean, if you were my sister,” Sunggyu fiddled with his words. “Umm, I know we just met and all but I already think of you as my dongsaeng. I know it may sound absurd but just like how I think of my close friends as brothers, I think of you as a sister since you’re my friend too. Is that fine?”

“Nae, Sunggyu oppa.” I smiled. “It’s fine. Since I remind you of your dongsaeng, please treat me well too.”

“Of course! I treasure all of my friends. Now let’s go, time’s ticking,” he tapped his watch.

“Yes!”

With those last words, both of us headed towards the first person Sunggyu wants me to meet: Jang Dongwoo.

 

“Just so you know,” Sunggyu began as we entered a different building. “My friends and I are part of the group called INFINITE.”

“INFINITE?” I pondered at the name. “Are you guys a band?”

“Umm, sort of. The name implies that we have infinite talents and abilities. All of us specialize in a different area so we teach each other what we learn so that we will be able to develop and hone other skills.”

I nodded my head in astonishment. “Hmm, that’s interesting.”

“The group has performed a lot at school festivals and other areas around Seoul that we eventually became famous here at Woollim. We even have a fan club called Inspirit.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter